Sponsored

Hpp vs regular

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The hpp is the old pp1 + active exhaust and pp1 under tray. 6200 for 3500 worth of actual content. It's a rip off IMO and no, the engine still falls on its face like you hit it with an oar to the face. You MUST get a tune for it to work properly. And rip out that worthless intercooler.

I too had a 19 eb pp and got out even money when the market insanity was early days. Some guy in NJ has my n4g beauty. I wonder if they noticed all the mods done to it that no doubt went unmentioned.
Sponsored

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I actually found some new '21's in differnet colors online by searching in my "free" time (what little bit there is)

Found one I like, but it's 17 hour drive-one way. I could make a vacation out of it, BUT, vacation time is quite hard to get, and we don't get much of it; leaving unpaid days off for sickness or whatever. It's only April.

I had thought about having it shipped here. Never done it before so I'm weary of doing that. I deal with shipping companies on a daily basis, just not cars. So I'm aware, and nervous.

Never bought a new car, ever, in my 46 years of existence. Newest one was 3 years old when I got it (2003 F-150 Lightning). Great truck. DSG. I wish they still made a newer version, EB 3.5 2wd, I'd probably buy one.

Ain't much around here. A few 2022's but that's it, and most are YELLOW (which I hate...had a yellow race car for a while), or I did find a 21 Iconic 200A which I liked until I saw the RED seating....nope, ain't having it, end of story.

200A is what I want, I don't need the rest of the stuff that the 201A has, and the 201A additional features add more cost, which I can't see it being worth in comparison. Problem is, there are like 3 200A's in stock in the entire USA and none within 15 hours' drive.

I don't need HPP, nor do I want to spend the money for it. I'd take one if the dealer discounted it to what a 200A costs but they usually don't. A 201A HP is the same cost as a 400A around here.

I have a self-imposed budget and I need to stay close to that number. Not that I don't have it, I just don't want to let go of it.

As I said I had the 19 and was pleased with it. Was it fast? LOL, nope. But spirited enough for me not to get too bored with.

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many

Not a fan of orange either. Or "grabber blue". The green? I can't say I'd never own it, but would rather have something else. I have a green fox body and a green truck already. I guess black would be ok although not my first choice. First choice would be atlas blue, then iconic silver, then carbonized gray, then mischevious purple, then dark matter--in that order.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
yeah I thought about doing a 101A and adding Katzkin. Guy I used to work with used to be an installer, however he quit doing it and now....ain't nobody in the area doing it. Done checked on it already.

A base 200A is all I want and dealers want to add on stripe, spare, floor mats, B&O, and everything else and then you're at GT pricing. Some of the options are really a waste of money but they kind of force you into them unless you're really careful.

I work at a dealer as well and understand/respect upselling but they won't be selling me a car if they can't find or order what I want. I have a budget that I am sticking to, period.

Reminds me...in 2005 when I bought my 2003 Lightning, I was at the dealer and I told them what my budget was. He comes back with a counteroffer that was over $100/mo more than my budget. I said that's not (x amount) is it? And turned around & walked out the door. I'm a jerk when it comes to buying a car. It's not about being "that guy", it's about my situation. I have a self-imposed limit on what I can spend and that's it. Can't get close to that I ain't buying, end of story.

I've contacted 23 dealers. Out of those, 6 have returned my calls and have interest in selling and/or or ordering. I am about to pull the trigger on one in Florida, about 1500 miles away, dealer says they can have it sent to me on a transporter (for a fee of course). Problem is as of right now, it's a "brand new" 21 model, that has 2900 miles on it (according to the dealer salespeson who is looking into it). Maybe a loaner or something? Dunno. Another one in Illinois, same car, similar price. Also 1500 miles, so it'd have to be transported to me as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: