HPP dyno

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The stock base seats are about 50# each. The CAM-C rules state that any seat has to be 25# minimum, so that will be my target, a seat that holds me well and comes in at 25#. I might go with a Kirkey AL road race seat; I'm not sure.

As far as the engine mods, here's the laundry list of what's presently in my garage and needs to be installed:

• CVF Street intercooler and pipes
  • CVF catted downpipe
  • Tomei Cat-back exhaust
  • TurboSmart BOV
  • TurboSmart wastegate act.
  • AirRaid intake tube
  • COBB tuner
  • NGK plugs
  • 160 deg. thermostat
So now I've got everything changed over and I'm still dead in the water. My AccessPort isn't playing nicely. I guess it's a common thing for a new car to have this issue, but it still bums me out. Hopefully Cobb can get things sorted soon.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
When you say "dead in the water", do you mean your Stang won't start and run? We share a lot of the same mods and I've started (started, not driven) mine after completing each and every change I've made... And I am still running the stock Ford tune...
Please keep us up to date with your trouble shooting! Thanks for sharing!!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The biggie that is stopping me from driving is the wastegate actuator. If I swapped back to the stock one, I'd be fine, but I'm hoping Cobb can get the compatibility issues sorted so I don't have so bounce back and forth.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
When you say "dead in the water", do you mean your Stang won't start and run? We share a lot of the same mods and I've started (started, not driven) mine after completing each and every change I've made... And I am still running the stock Ford tune...
Please keep us up to date with your trouble shooting! Thanks for sharing!!
I can start it. It's just a no-no to drive, especially if I were stomping on the gas.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I can start it. It's just a no-no to drive, especially if I were stomping on the gas.
That's good!! I'm probably in the same boat, I start mine and shut it off within seconds... Not sure what I am doing for a tune at this point!??
Good luck and keep us posted!!

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
Finally got to have my HPP tested on a Super Flow eddy current dynamometer. It was about 65 F and I had 93 octane blend in the tank for about 150 miles. Usually I have 91 in the tank. Best torque pull was the 4th which started at 1.5K instead of 2.5K rpms and max'd at 299.9. Best HP was 255.2 at 4900 rpm on the third pull but the fourth pull had 254.9 at 5890 rpm. So it appears the tuning will give us more power if the intercooler was better.
A/R ratio looks incorrect but shows the addition of fuel to richen up the mixture as the incoming air gets hotter. Only mod is a Borla cat back with adjustable exhaust.
1611542893956.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
A/R ratio looks incorrect but shows the addition of fuel to richen up the mixture as the incoming air gets hotter.
I think your numbers are pretty accurate as they're the same as I saw (within measurement error).

As far as the mapping goes, this is something I find quite negligent by Ford. With all the tools available it's unacceptable to produce a fuel curve that's this shit. I was able to do a better job with a salvage Holley double pump when I was 20 years old.

I will agree an intercooler & Ryan's base map really helps the higher revs, even on stock boost. Just keeping the mixture reasonable makes a big difference.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I wouldn’t pay attention to the numbers look at how much nicer the curve is after 4500rpm. This is also why even with mods a base Ecoboost isn’t very fast in the grand scheme of things. Reminds of the old 302s, where they would nose dive after 5000rpm

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I think your numbers are pretty accurate as they're the same as I saw (within measurement error).

As far as the mapping goes, this is something I find quite negligent by Ford. With all the tools available it's unacceptable to produce a fuel curve that's this shit. I was able to do a better job with a salvage Holley double pump when I was 20 years old.

I will agree an intercooler & Ryan's base map really helps the higher revs, even on stock boost. Just keeping the mixture reasonable makes a big difference.
I have heard that Ford adds fuel to cool the exhaust temperature to keep the catalytic converter alive. Does anybody know if this is the reason why they way over rich the mixture later in the pull as the intake temp rise with the stock IC?
I am thinking of a turbo blanket to keep under hood temps lower but that will send more heat to the cat.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Is there a way to chill the air going into the intercooler while the engine is on the dyno ? I would think the intercooler would be at a lower temp in states like Minnesota where it is much cooler than states like Texas. Are we possibly making more horsepower on 60 degree days in Minnesota than in states where the temps are 80 to 90 degrees ?
Sponsored