Sponsored

How did you decide on mustang

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I was 9yrs old and saw a black 1989GT with the red stripe going around the body moulding. From that moment on I knew as soon as I turned 16 I wanted one.

When I turned 16 I did buy one.

Since then I’ve owned 6 of them. Including the 2019 GT I’ve got now.

After my supercharged 94GT was totaled (hit while parked in front of my house) I didn’t have another one until last august when I got the 19GT.

I didn’t care for the s197 body styles so I waited. I was close to buying a virgin 2003 Terminator for $25k but decided to go with the 19GT instead. I’ll eventually add a Termi my garage though.
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I wanted a V8 RWD American car, something cool.

I drove a friend's Camaro around a parking lot and quickly decided that the lack of visibility and the feeling that I was piloting a submarine was not for me. They are undoubtedly the most powerful, but loving a car is way more than HP/TQ.

I sat in a Challenger and decided I didn't want such a large car. The R/T does nothing for me. Initially I liked the car's styling but it began to look boring after seeing more of them on the road. They appear tall and boxy to me.

The Mustang fit just the niche for me. Reasonable visibility, not a huge car, good power, and sexy as he** looks. And the price didn't have me selling a kidney to get it. The aftermarket makes personalizing these cars almost infinite. There was a bit of favoritism however, Dad always had Fords and I started out with one.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I had always been a Chevy fan growing up. Own a Rustang?, Never! But... 30+ years later, started looking for a car for me. I've bought all the cars for everyone else, and it was finally my turn. I took my oldest to look a V6 andended up driving an EB. We both really liked it. Test drive a Camaro. Wife hated it. She said "Well, you don't have to worry about me driving it". I test drove a Challenger. 392 Shaker. Loved the look, but wasn't a huge fan of the boat-like interior. And the drone was brutal. Went back to test out a GT, and that was all it ook. I knew what I wanted, just had to hunt up the right one.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The list of powerful, rear-drive cars that are remotely affordable to me is pretty short. The Mustang had all the performance I needed at a fair price, with (so far) no major drawbacks.

I considered the Camaro, but didn't like the visibility (and at that time they seemed to be having problems with the rear end & the 8-speed auto transmissions). The Challenger/Charger also interested me but it was bigger than I wanted and I had concerns about FCA's quality control. I considered the Infiniti Q50/60 sedan and coupe, but I wanted more power than the 300 HP versions, and the Red Sport 400 HP models were a little too expensive. I also was interested in the Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan, but I was concerned about reliability and service (that model had a lot of trouble in the first year and there are not many qualified techs for it). I liked the BMW M235i/240i and 335/340i, but after you put any options on them they are very expensive. Corvette was too expensive and probably more flash than I wanted.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
In high school back in the early 80's I had a '67 Camaro...loved it. I saw a few '67-'68 Mustang GT's around my end of town and just loved them. I also had a '71 Chevelle. Got married and bought a 4 banger Mustang LX. In 2005 I bought a new Mustang GT which I still own and it's blown/stroked. In '15 I decided to buy a new GT for the hell of it and here I am. It's been a great car in 4 years.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
BULLITT!! The BULLITT made me do it. Got to drive an Ecoboost in early summer of 2017. I liked it, but it wasn't enough for me to get it one, even though there is a part of me that wanted one. Threatened the wife that I might get one :wink: Put that thought too bed. That got me thinking about a Mustang, and later that summer came out of a restaurant and a 5.0 fired up, and said to myself "that's more like it"

Then I saw the BULLITT, and OMG!, there was no doubt in my mind. This wasn't just a Mustang, it was a BULLITT!! What a colour, what a sound, what a car!!!! Visited my dealer in early April 2018, put down a $500 deposit, and picked up No. K0067 on August 1st. It is exactly what I want in a performance (muscle) car. I like my cars to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Couldn't be happier....

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
We saw ours sitting in front of our local Ford dealer. Stopped in on a lark. My wife Drove it home 3 hours later. :)

BC4675B8-943C-45B3-A91B-36BF3DB58230.jpeg

E0F2187F-1B91-4F92-A71D-8E0FE5AD6DD1.jpeg

Last edited:

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
I couldn't afford a 32 Ford 3 window hiboy so I had to go the route of buying something built in a factory I'll only drive a . 2 door coupes from a Detroit based company and i wont ever be Al Bundy and drive a Dodge. So my options are from Ford and Chevy. I had a Monte Carlo and when it was time to trade it in saw a Grabber Orange Mustang. There was no reason to look at Chevy. I'm now on my 2nd Mustang and about to order a 2020. My guess is I'll only own Mustangs going forward unless they royally screw up the design on future Mustangs or if there is a Camaro that just blows my socks off but based on their last 2 generations I don't envision future versions to look good enough

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
First saw an S197 from a distance, and was amazed at how well Ford had caught the form of the '69 et seq cars. Made me hungry, but after a while it was sort of lost in the currents of day-to-day living. Went to a Budget Rent-a-Car sales lot, to see a couple of minivans. Very nice they were, but the 2006 V6 convertible in the next slot caught my eye. Cheap enough it could squeeze in to the budget, looked lovely, became mine.

Since that romance was so pleasureable I followed it up with five (count 'em) new Mustangs of various flavors, and when I had settled in with the 2014 GT convertible automatic, I thought it was a permanent relationship.

Until a saw from a distance an '18 coupe that amazed me with its Mercedes 300SL cues, and I divorced the '14 for the current '18. I think I'm going to love it for a long, long time.

WRT research and testing, my memories of the pre-nuptial episodes are that I knew enough to make the decisions, and didn't drive any of the cars before I bought them. What an idiot. But a happy one.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
The S550 is the first Mustang that really called my name and is an impulse buy I don’t regret. I love the 60’s and early 70’s models, but don’t want to daily one. While accompanying my friend so he could get a GT350R, they had my Henry Ford special on the lot (Black) while they had his in the wrong color. I drove home in a new gt and we ended up driving to Houston to get his car the next week. Below is a snap of a sweet ride I ran across. I feel the S550 is a fantastic modern interpretation of the real classics. Hopefully it ages as gracefully.

E746BC6A-7765-431B-9308-68EC79B46E60.jpeg

Sponsored

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was in high school in the mid 60's and love American muscle cars. I've owned every thing from a four door corvair to a 2001 (E39) BMW M5 (best car I've ever owned). I like sporty performance and have admirded the styling of the latest rendition. I saw a ruby red fastback in the airport parking lot and thought it was gorgeous. Test drove a used GT premium 6 sp. with only 6000 miles and bought it on the spot. 36000 mile later it's my second favorite car ever!!

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
Was on my 7th Camaro and came across a low mileage great price 2017 Mustang GT and thought id give the other side a try.
Not big on the looks or seats. but I enjoy the ride.
It's a fun car.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
When I saw the 1969 Boss and Mach 1 Mustangs I fell in love with them and 38 years later I bought the first of my s197 Mustangs. I will buy a s550 but it's been really hard getting used to the Fusion/Euro look of the Mustang. I will admit that the performance of the 2018 has won me over.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I had two friends who were Ford fanatics. One's father was a Ford Service manager. The other's father owned roughly 85 Mustangs throughout his lifetime. So between them and their fathers influence I fell in love with Mustangs, Fairlanes, Cougars, and Ford trucks. RIP Mr. B and Mr. C...

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I hit my late 40's and wanted something fun and great looking to drive again. The Mazda3 I had was nice and practical but boring. Over the years I've come to appreciate handling so while I like the look of the Challenger, I decided it would either be a Mustang or Camaro. I liked the retro looks of the S197 but the S550 is just a better looking car to me. I test drove a 15 EB and a 15 1LT Camaro. I didn't really like the interior of the Camaro and the Mustang felt more nimble. I liked the EB and modded it but it didn't feel like a long term car. I decided I wanted a 18 with PP1 and the A10, without all the technology packages, when a good deal on one came about, I pulled the trigger.

This car is faster than the big block 74 Firebird Formula I had back in the day and I'm averaging 20 mpg.
Sponsored