Sponsored

How did you decide on mustang

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
My dad bought one in 1990 when I was 15 and I washed it, waxed it, and kept it detailed for him. When I turned 16 and got my license he would let me drive it on the weekends with the stipulation that it was cleaner for him when he left for work on Monday morning than when got home from work on Friday evening. He still has that car and I just finished a complete restoration on it for him. Ever since then I've never even though of owning another American "muscle" car than a Mustang. I've had 8 fox body cars including a couple of '93 Cobras (I will have another one of those soon), an '08 GT, and now my '18 GT.
Sponsored

icodyonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
A few factors played a part in me purchasing a Mustang. One was the sound, no challenger or Camaro sounds like a Mustang. None of them have that deep growl. The Challenger and the Camaro both have huge blind spots, and the Challenger, because it’s so tall, reminds me of a Subaru. I also feel like I have more head room in the mustang over the Camaro.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
The Challenger and the Camaro both have huge blind spots...
I've been hearing a lot about how hard it is to see out of the Camaro (and yes, it looks like it spent just a little too much time in the car crusher). But is it just me - I have zero visibility out the left side of the Mustang. I can't see if anyone is on my left rear quarter panel or not. So much so that I avoid lane changes to the left unless I have extra time to look extra hard. The little cheater mirror helps a lot, and I've come to rely on it. But I'm a quick glance-over-the-shoulder type (trust but verify, you know) and in the Mustang, that's a waste of time because all I see are B and C pillars on the left.

Again, maybe I'm biased - my other cars have been big glass domes, and sport coupes simply aren't that. But I feel like never have any idea who's sitting in my huge blind spot on the left.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've been a huge GM fan my whole life so a Mustang wasn't really even on the radar until 2010 when my fiancee bought a used 2007 Mustang GT with only 6,900 miles on it. At the time I was driving a 2004 Monte Carlo SS with the supercharged 3800. It had decent power but after hearing the sound of the V8 in that 2007 GT, I had the itch to have a modern performance car with a V8. I have a 70 Monte Carlo with a 396 BB but wanted something more modern and reliable.

In 2013 I paid off my house and decided now is the time to get that V8 powered car I wanted. I looked at the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang. I loved the look of the Challenger the most and decided it was the one. For some reason, I only wanted the purple color and there wasn't one to be found locally anywhere and the one I tried to get from out of state fell through. The Camaro was out because of the visibility. I test drove a 2014 Mustang GT. It was fast and sounded good and was the cheapest so after some debate, I bought the Mustang. This August will be six years since I've owned it. Definitely the most powerful car I've owned and I still enjoy it. I still want the Challenger so some day I may own both.

BRR_416

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Years ago before children I had a fun little 3rd Gen Camaro and the time came to buy myself another fun car. I started looking for a coupe with a manual transmission and enough power to be fun. I wanted an 01-04 corvette but it just wasn't practical for a daily driver. The newer GTs were a little out of my price range. So I test drove the Ecoboost and the v6. In the end the v6 just felt better to me. It was a bit of luck that I found a '15 with low miles in my favorite color, guards green. For the past 6 months I've been having fun making it exactly what I want it to be.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
My last Mustang was a '91 5.0 Coupe, 5spd and 3.73's, Flowmaster 2-chambers and I loved it. Have not owned a car since 1998 and started looking a few years ago:

14-17 Base C7 Corvette - The Vette would be less than a 19 Mustang but with ~4.25% interest buying used and I really want a Grand Sport.

08-14 CTS-V - Sweet car but I prefer the look of the four door, not looking for a luxury car so I passed.

Challenger's - Challenger's are dated and I read they are using an old Mercedes platform and they are heavy. Great visbility, easy in an out but passed. I really do like the look, one of the best retro rides in my opinion.

10-15 Camaro - The only generation I like and the sixth generation is getting too far away from the roots. Buddy has a '17 and it's okay, interior is bland, exterior is not what I like and the visibility is horrible.

94-98 911 - 911's are my favorite car of all time, I simply cannot afford what a low mileage 25-29 year old Porsche would require or the thought of buying parts from a Porsche dealer even when I am my own warranty station.

Cayman - Only recently considered a Cayman, I though they all had a 4 cylinders but the 6 cylinder changed my mind, passed for the same reasons as the 911.

The Mustang GT won, very nice styling, reasonable cost, 0% financing....best bang for the buck for my needs.
Sponsored