How did you decide on mustang

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Coolmanfoo, May 17, 2019.

1. bnightstar

bnightstar Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Hristofor
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    I'm relatively young 32 yo and I leave in Europe. When I start looking for a car in 2013 because my old car was crashed by me. I get a facebook add for the then New Ford Fiesta MK7.5 so I just saw the add and called my mom to say I'm buying a Fiesta without even test driving it. Funny thing is that I always loved all the jokes about Fords and used to tell them like ford's don't get sick they just die etc. So I got a base Fiesta 1.25i (which i still own) was the first brand new car I had ever owned my old car was 20 yo Honda Concerto. In 2016 my Fiesta take part in the Largest Parade of Ford Cars Guinness World Record http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-parade-of-ford-cars
    After the parade there was a test drive organised by VW for the new Tiguan so I went to that event and there on the lot was a 2012 Camaro with 400 hp that's when I figured that Muscle cars are cheap and have big motors and are fast. So my initial plan was to get Focus RS as it looked and sounded cool but a friend of mine pointed out that if I want a Camaro I should look into Mustang as well. At that time the S550 started selling in Bulgaria as well. I test drived one in my local ford dealer and a friend of mine actually bought a Triple Yellow Vert and I started researching the model more. To a point where I'm now an expert on the Mustang topic. Naturally I wanted an exclusive Mustang something that is rare so I first wanted a Bullitt but then I read about that rare blue colour called Grabber Blue (all my cars are blue) so finally I bought one 2 months ago. I love that. colour and it's still like a dream come true to own a Mustang.

ktp1598 and Joe B. like this.
  2. Tseg

Tseg Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
    0   0   0
    My wife and I wanted a nice convertible as a third car. They can get crazy-priced looking at European models. We decided on the Mustang with the adult engine.

David Schmidt and Coyote Red like this.
  3. Dominant1

Dominant1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dr Frankenstang
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
    0   0   0
    I bought a lexus is 350 back in 2006 it ended having 6 recalls on it. This was a car built in Japan that i had to wait to be delivered..after going through all that i decided to go back to my roots with American muscle. Test drive the challenger, wanted to test drive the Camaro but no salesman came out to greet me, so i left, went and test drove a 2010 gt.. and traded my Lexus in on it. I’ve had an 04 gt a 2012 gt and now a 16 gt..

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  4. Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Black GT Premium Stick
    0   0   0
    #64 Rock&Roll, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Drove the V6 and really liked it and wondered what the GT would be like.

Drove the GT Premium with NAV and was blown away. :sunglasses:

At that point there was no reason to drive the Ecoboost and/or buy one of these without the 5.0

Drove the GT with PP and was not impressed or overwhelmed with it :frown: and wow I hate black wheels. I'll never understand the PP love here.

Bought the GT Premium with NAV :sunglasses:

5. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium PP and a few others
    Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Was with you until then. 2016 (and other MY) PPs offered those wheels in nickel (silver). I have no use for black wheels either.

6. Prokiller

Prokiller Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    graduated high school in 01 and went looking for a toy to go along with my dad's 57 chevy we resto'ed. went to look at a couple mid 90s f-bodies and came up empty handed. didn't like the drive, the price or the fact that half the engine is under the dash making them a PITA to work on. on the drive home after a long day of dealer shopping, saw this red SN95 on the side of the road and decided to give it a look. 94 GT laser red auto w/ grey leather only 30k miles...gave $200 to the guy within an hour and told him i'll be back the next day to buy it. fell in love with the sn95 ever since. sold that one, bought another 94gt that already had a bunch of stuff done to it and still own it today (do something to it every year). was DD'ing a g35x sedan and wanted to get back into a muscle car as a DD since we got the wife a f150 lariat. looked at camaros and hated how you can't see out of them and the styling is meh. drove a challenger and wasn't impressed not to mention fugly. thought about a charger, but again, wasn't impressed. loved the s550 body and pulled the trigger on ordering one back in march last year. 3.5 months later took delivery and never looked back. love it

7. Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT shadow black, 10r80, PP
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Gen3 plus e85/tune plus A10 equals easy 11 second quarters in a pp1 setup more for handling than drag. Easy decision. :).

8. Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Black GT Premium Stick
    0   0   0
    #68 Rock&Roll, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

They didn’t have any PPs with silver wheels on all the lots I looked at and I didn’t like 1st gear on the PP. YMMV

9. TheTrekNerd

TheTrekNerd Member

First Name:
    Darrell
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    My first car was a 1969 Mustang GT. It was 1980. After that came a 1969 428 SCJ Mach 1, and a few more after that. Then I got married and the fun went away. A few years ago I got divorced and picked up my mustang life where I left off, with a 2014 GT which reminds me a lot of the 1970.

10. SVO MkII

SVO MkII Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP
    0   0   0
    I wanted an inexpensive, fun car, that I could use as my DD, and a few HPDEs per year, and was easy on the eyes. I considered a BRZ, WRX, and the Ecoboost Stang. The BRZ was the best true sports car of the three, but just too small for everyday use, including weekend trips with my wife's luggage. Plus it makes about as much torque as a riding mower. The new WRX sedan is just ugly as sin, but practical and a good performer. It left the 2018 Stang. This is the first American car I have ever bought/owned in over 30 years of car buying. The Mustang landed on my radar for two reasons; 1) In 2014 I purchased a '86 944 Turbo. This opened my eyes to the potential of a front engined, turbo 4 cylinder car. 2) When Ford introduced the S550 in 2015, it was finally a modern car through and through, i.e., a bigger 944 Turbo. So far, I am extremely happy with my decision to get the Stang.

Blue Moon likes this.
  11. ddeluce

ddeluce Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT California Special
    0   0   0
    I always wanted a Mustang. When I was a boy my Dad had a red on red '65 with a 289, 4 bbl, and 3 speed auto. Later on he had a '72 fastback with a 351, 2 bbl, and 3 speed auto. That one I got to drive occasionally, but it was not a particularly good car, overweight with sloppy handling and poor fuel economy. For many years I needed to have more practical transportation, and couldn't afford to have a Mustang as an extra fun car. Well, now I can, so I did finally get one. Life is too short to drive boring cars!

m0.s550, Smokey613 and DRKHORS like this.
  12. Hooch180

Hooch180 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Maciej
    Vehicle(s):
    Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
    0   0   0
    I always wanted Mustang. It was a matter of time. But what surprised me was a time.
    I wanted to wait "one more car". So about 3-5 years. I wanted to get Focus ST (RS was to hard to find) and then get Mustang.
    It was because of finances. I wanted to be more responsible.

But in Europe a war on CO2 and "fun cars" is going strong. Prices of this kind of cars are going up. Environment taxes are skyrocketing. I knew that it is now or never. So here I am, waiting (just 2 more months) to get my car. I will get my dream V8 Mustang soon.

TicTocTach and Joe B. like this.
  13. dbegley

dbegley Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
    Garage Profiles:
    Business Consultant
    0   0   0
    Sorry I don't get it. You purchased a 5.0 when you turned 50? Oh I get it. :) Just playing with you. What happens when you turn 60?

14. dbegley

dbegley Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
    Garage Profiles:
    Business Consultant
    0   0   0
    I had a Mitsubishi 3000 GT Vr4 as my summer sports car. Loved that car but with 140K miles and a real shortage of parts available I sold it to a guy in Las Vegas. Loved the new S550 Mustang body and IRS. So to my wife's dismay I special ordered a Ruby Red 6 speed manual PP car. Ok I did drive a Nissan Z car but that car is so small it was a short drive.

m0.s550 likes this.
  15. Grayden4

Grayden4 Member

First Name:
    Grayden
    Vehicle(s):
    1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT
    Retired Systems Engineer
    0   0   0
    It was either replace the transmission and differential fluid, and the rear axle bearings on our '06 Mustang GT, or order a new Mustang. I'll miss the '06...

16. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium PP and a few others
    Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not buying another 'till I'm 429

17. DRKHORS

DRKHORS Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Grew up building and showing Mustangs with my stepfather at national events in the concours class. We had several 65 and 66 models, a 68 convertible that was sold before we finished it, and a 69 Mach I. We also built a custom 29 Tudor sedan and were working on a custom 32 3-window when I left home.

My first car was a 72 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland and an FMX transmission. Sooo many memories in that car but had to sell it when I got a professional job 60+ miles from home after graduating college. No a/c and a built Cleveland that loved fuel wasn't very conducive to commuting. At the time I couldn't afford to keep it and buy a commuter car. One of the saddest days of my car life was watching/listening to that car drive away... Fast forward 1 year and I was making enough to afford my first modern Mustang, a 98 GT. Nine months later my wife was pregnant and we ended up trading the GT for a Grand Am. Yeah, I know...

Bought that child, my son, a 2011 V6 with MCA package as his first car when he was only 12. So my son had a Mustang and I did not. The things we do for our kids...

About 4 years ago and with 2 children now, wife and I were finally in a financially stable enough position that I ordered my my 2015 on my 40th birthday. She was built a couple of days before Valentine's and I picked her up in March. Still enjoying her today...

Almost two years ago also bought the wife a 2017 EcoBoost. My daily driver is a 2018 F150.

Guess you could say I bleed Ford blue and it wont ever be any other way!

18. MikeyV

MikeyV Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
    0   0   0
    Man, some of us were just born this way..
    I literally grew up from birth in my Mom's '65 289/4sp Coupe.

Once I was 16, that was is.

It's the Stang Lyfe for me....'till the end.

DRKHORS likes this.
  19. EE Z

EE Z Member

First Name:
    Charles
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
    0   0   0
    I tend to trade cars like women change purses, I see one that I like, start shopping,decide on colors, decide on the mods, and start price shopping. I've recently owned a challenger R/T. A Cadillac XLR, a Saturn Sky Redline, VW Dune Turbo and almost bought a Gran Sport Corvette. Got to the price shopping stage and just happen to see an orange Roush Mustang in the parking lot at work. It caught my eye. Began reading up on them and realized that I could get more horsepower, less expensive and just as good looking. The Vettes also have a very low resale value compared to what you pay new off the dealer floor. Found my colors in Midwest City Oklahoma, made a deal, flew up and drove it back home. My roots were with Ford from the beginning.This brought me back. My first car was a '67 Fairlane 500. My second was a '73 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Owned quite a few other Fords and one other Mustang but I love my 2017 Roush Mustang Stage 3 better than any car that I've ever owned. I'm glad I didn't get the Vette.

20. Clump

Clump Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium PP1 6 Speed
    0   0   0
    I've had a bunch of fun cars over the years. In 2016 I was really hot on a Challenger. I had to have the 392 and at the time the Scat Pack was just coming out and they were VERY expensive, with SRTs even higher. I started looking around and found a base Mustang GT PP for a rocking deal and bought it. I liked the car a lot, but the Challenger bug kept biting and I ended up trading it on a Scat Pack Shaker. I loved the torque and IMO they did the best job of any with the retro look. Challengers are big, heavy cars. More like a Chevelle from 1970 than a pony car. It was fun, but kind of ponderous on the road and somewhat fatiguing to drive fast.

I liked the changes for 2018 and this time got a Premium, PP1. I'm really happy with the car. I'd love to upgrade to a GT350, but don't like the price of admission. When I started shopping this time I looked at used Corvettes, but didn't find any that "did it". A dealer near me had a couple of 1SS 1LE Camaros and I drove 1. I don't like the looks, but figured the performance might make up for it. I really didn't like the interior, the poor visibility, or the way it drove. Admittedly, I 'm biased against Camaros, so that probably didn't help. In the end I'm really happy with my GT.