How did you decide on mustang

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I gotta stop speed reading thru these forums. I swear when I read that it said that you sold your girlfriend to get the Mustang. I was like, cool story but wrong website.:cwl:
LMAO well if they didn't come up the extra 1500 bucks I wanted for my SS I may have had to throw her in to sweeten the deal :) Now if my ex-wife were still here you might have read that exactly the right way LOL.
Sponsored

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert, 401A, Manual, PP1, MagneRide, AVE, B&O
Back in '99 I was looking to replace my Aspire with a jeep soft top something or another that I could take camping. After test driving and quite a few less than flattering review I gave up on a jeep but not the idea of taking the top down. Fast forward a few months, my folks gave me 1k Ford points for my 21st bday to help with a down payment. Went to the dealership to look at Explorers and a GT vert caught my eye. Ended up test driving the Mustang first and that was it, I was sold. Met my wife later that year. I still give her crap about just dating me for rides in the convertible :) In 2006 I sold the '99 Mustang to help put my wife through nursing school with a promise that I can get another one when she gets out of school in 08. Lots of life happened between now and then, but here I am, 35 days from EDD.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When I was a kid my dad always owned fords and I grew up right down the street from the Cleveland engine plant, literally, and was within walking distance. I've owned nothing but fords ever since, hence my S/N. Back in 89 I bought a new GT off the lot while I was home on leave and drove back to Cali with it. Two years later after I got discharged, I moved to Phoenix and there it was stolen on May 13, 1991, never to be seen again. Well life goes on but I still kept driving only fords, but always wanted another mustang. Fast forward to 2017, after years of leasing and going thru various F150's, escapes, fusions, edges, explorers, focus's my lease was about to expire on my truck so i went to the dealer in early Feb and was looking at various vehicles and test driving them. Was seriously considering a new 17 explorer sport and even drove one and the day I was there a new 17 GT fastback in grabber blue with PP1 was being delivered to the dealer. Well I have always been a fan of blue, my last 10 vehicles that were chosen for me have been some shade of blue. Anyway I test drove the GT fastback and fell in love. Went home to think about it, and did a search on ford .com and found a grabber blue GT convertible with PP1 at a dealer in central Ohio. Called my salesman and told him where it was and said go get it, I'm buying it. Never looked back. Well that weekend my last kid moved out finally, she was 27 and had a kid of her own. Two days later on Feb 13, 2017 I brought it home. I tell everyone it was my empty nester present to myself. That spring it was used as a DD but by fall and before winter came I had another vehicle to drive as my daily so the mustang can get stored for the winter. And here we are 2+ years later and I only have 10,197 miles on it. Oh, and I got the explorer sport afterall to use as my DD
I bought my first new Mustang GT 350 back in 1966,sold that one, and bought a new 1969 Mach 1 428 CJ,sold that for a 1969 Corvette,got married and had to sell the Vette cause kid's were on the way.Now bought a VW+ Honda,Mazda but through the years liked most Mustangs,some to a lesser degree,Mustang II,Foxbody but I was still raising a family, so I followed the Mustangs but not ready to get back into them,Then I retired and moved to Florida and in May of 2010 I purchased my brand new 2011 Mustang GT,that Coyote was fantastic,I was in love again with the Mustang WOW what a car.Then came 2015 with a new model and an S550 designation,I first saw it and I said to myself holy crap,what the hell did Ford do to the Mustang,it looked like a Fusion, and every other ugly Euro box on the street,well fast forward to today, the S550 is coming up on it's 5th year,I still own my 2011 GT, and I consider the last Mustang built was the 2014 M/Y.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
I wanted a brand new car but wanted RWD and a manual so really not a whole lot of options already. I came from an Acura RSX Type S which revved to 8k RPM(this is actually an important factor in my final decision). I wanted something with more power so I narrowed down to a 370z, Mustang GT, and Camaro SS. The 370z felt pretty dull on power and the camaro and mustang both had enough torque to put a huge smile on my face. Ultimately the new SS's look was too ugly and a new 2018 SS was hard to find. How the mustang revved up and its power delivery honestly reminded me of my Honda and even though I might get flack for saying that, it was really what sealed the deal for me.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my first Mustang 2 years ago. HOWEVER, I should have done more research. And, had I done so, I would have first purchased a GT PP with all the bells and whistles.
Over the past 2 years or so, I have owned 4 Mustang's.

Don't ask...!

Sponsored

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
Funny story actually; always been a GM guy. Honestly wanted a Camero. Then I sat in one... :lipssealed: promised myself I’d NEVER get a ride with half those blind spots. So the Camero was off the list right away. Just not for me, didn’t feel it.
Still didn’t think of a Mustang. I was at a stealership at the moment.
An S550 PP GT got traded in, lowered exhaust, etc. I noticed it roll by like a sexy woman walking by... not just the normal hot one no, she was one of those that made me go “omg who is THAT??” and turn into an idiot that does irrational things hot.
Then she turned the corner and was out of sight before I had enough time to eye her up to my satisfaction.
Thought for half a second and said F*#k it, and went after her :inlove: I checked her out and had fun to my content.
Long story short, I didn’t end up with that one. The stealer was too proud of that one. They saw how I looked at her lmao.
I was patient (planned it out and went in elsewhere with the poker face on) and got me a newer one with a third the miles, premium and $3k less. Best of all, no blind spots. Where do I sign? Done.

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Wow I find all these stories interesting. Especially twin turbo as the California roadtrip is so relatable to me.

I always hear of people cross shopping and test driving multiple cars before choosing. I think the only car I would have even considered test driving would have been a Challenger but I prefer to keep my boats in the sea. To be fair the Challenger has great light to light acceleration. Low end torque is great. However there's something about being out on an empty road and feeling the explosive power of the coyote at 5000rpms. The coyote in that range is just so good. I'll take that over low end torque all day.

Edit: oh and also I think coyotes have the best sound. I can't think of hardly any aftermarket exhausts that sound bad. I personally have Corsa catback and the sound alone keeps me smiling. For whatever reason dodges v-8 s just don't sound good to me.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
I payed cash for my 2017 GT 5.0, I’d never even sat in a Mustang before I bought mine, I flew 2000ks to pick it up and drive it home. Actually, before I bought mine I could take them or leave them. But I didn’t want to continue racking up kilometres on my limited build Ford Performance Vehicle F6 which they stopped making in 2014, so I love V8’s and looked around and the more I researched them the more boxes the Mustang ticked for me.
My god, that F6 looks amazing :shock:. If only Ford made a I6 turbo sports car in the states :frown:

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
My god, that F6 looks amazing :shock:. If only Ford made a I6 turbo sports car in the states :frown:
Thanks Nikko, it’s a real weapon. Very sedately tuned to 425kw/900nm, the Mustang would never stand a chance against it . The force it puts you back in the seat when it hits full boost is simply mind blowing.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Still have the 86 SVO I purchased 30 YEARS ago!!. So no Camero or Dodge for me. Found the 2019 GT PP1, VB, A10, loaded up one close to home, so far so good!! Was thinking EB but , well I kinda have it's grandfather, so figured the GT was the way to go. It WAS the correct choice!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I didn't consider anything but a Mustang or Camaro for the 2016 MY and might not have bought either. Have enough other vehicles.

I expected to like the Camaro better since I considered the Alpha ATS (with M6) a must have when they came out and ordered one after a test drive to confirm. But I was hoping that didn't happen because in the interim my son took his new engineering PhD to some company in Dearborn ;) I did not want to hide my Camaro when he visited.

But the Mustang won fairly easily. I didn't care about visibility but the Camaro interior was so ugly I worried about safety since I would have to drive blind-folded. And the chassis didn't even match the ATS. The PP GT chassis didn't either but the Mustang looked so much better than the Camaro to my eye inside and out, was more comfortable and seemed to have better aftermarket and forums. So, I ordered a GT. The Z plan was icing on the cake. That made it my 3rd Mustang (1989, 2011 and 2016) to match the count of F-Bodies I've owned (1978 TA WS6, 1995 and 1997 Formulas).

Last edited:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I was a Ford fan back in the day, my first Ford was a 76 XC Falcon 351. Then I moved to the Euros, Audi and BMW, now Ford and Team Penske brought in the Mustang for the V8 supercars here in Australia and I got the itch and from there ordered and picking up my 2019 this week, with a Tickford supercharge upgrade of course :)

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I sat in a Camaro and said, "This visibility and interior sucks". I drove the Mustang the same day and knew that's what I wanted. Didn't like the way the non-PP felt on the road compared to the PP so I knew right away exactly what I wanted.
I drove all 3 Camaro levels. LOVED the V8 but the car had crap visibility and my daughters couldn't fit in the back. No such problem with the Mustang

Have had the Mustang for almost 2 years now and love it so much I'm shocked

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Owned a few muscle cars over the years starting with a 68 GTO as my first car. Got away from them after my 2000 SS Cameron was rear ended and totaled. Drove a Jeep Grnd Cherokee along with my built 2004 Rubicon (which replaced the SS) and decided it was time for a performance car again. Was walking through a parking lot with wife and in-law going to dinner and saw a Orange Fury 17 hadn’t seen one up close and jokingly said to them well there is my next car. We all walked around it and it looked great. I test drove Cameron, challenger, Nismo z and the GT for all around satisfaction I got the 18 GT PP1 and am still very happy.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm relatively young 32 yo and I leave in Europe. When I start looking for a car in 2013 because my old car was crashed by me. I get a facebook add for the then New Ford Fiesta MK7.5 so I just saw the add and called my mom to say I'm buying a Fiesta without even test driving it. Funny thing is that I always loved all the jokes about Fords and used to tell them like ford's don't get sick they just die etc. So I got a base Fiesta 1.25i (which i still own) was the first brand new car I had ever owned my old car was 20 yo Honda Concerto. In 2016 my Fiesta take part in the Largest Parade of Ford Cars Guinness World Record http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-parade-of-ford-cars
After the parade there was a test drive organised by VW for the new Tiguan so I went to that event and there on the lot was a 2012 Camaro with 400 hp that's when I figured that Muscle cars are cheap and have big motors and are fast. So my initial plan was to get Focus RS as it looked and sounded cool but a friend of mine pointed out that if I want a Camaro I should look into Mustang as well. At that time the S550 started selling in Bulgaria as well. I test drived one in my local ford dealer and a friend of mine actually bought a Triple Yellow Vert and I started researching the model more. To a point where I'm now an expert on the Mustang topic. Naturally I wanted an exclusive Mustang something that is rare so I first wanted a Bullitt but then I read about that rare blue colour called Grabber Blue (all my cars are blue) so finally I bought one 2 months ago. I love that. colour and it's still like a dream come true to own a Mustang.
Sponsored