Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone wrapped the prop rod to keep it from getting nuclear hot instead of going to struts?
Yup. Other colors available upon research.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever had the aluminum hood kink because of the struts?
no but i picked up 2/ tenths in the 1/4 mile after installing redline hood struts.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Yep, I did. A piece of 1/4 ID rubber tube x 5" lg, split. Wrapped it with black spilt wire loom and attached with black tie wraps. Not exactly high tech, but it works great blends in and easily removed.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't see the need. It is not hard to secure the hood rod.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Steeda. Install was easy, the brackets are larger than most. I removed the prop rod because it wouldn't stay clipped down.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My prop rod took a permanent vacation in my shed.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Hey guys, hope ya’ll are enjoying the holidays and all is well.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of installing hood struts. Have read lots of reviews and seems most people like it but I’ve seen some issues with kinked washer lines or hood misalignment, etc. Noticed also that some modification to the plastic battery cover needs to be done.

I’m leaning towards the Ford Performance set on American Muscle.

If you have a set of any brand or the Ford Performance set, please chime in your experience.

Thanks
I have the Steeda rods and can't recommend them. The fit and finish are very good, but after about 2 years they started feeling pretty weak, and after 3 years they can't hold the hood up anymore. I expect more from a part that pricey. My 2005 Durango rear hatch shocks are as strong as ever after 15 years.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda rods and can't recommend them. The fit and finish are very good, but after about 2 years they started feeling pretty weak, and after 3 years they can't hold the hood up anymore. I expect more from a part that pricey. My 2005 Durango rear hatch shocks are as strong as ever after 15 years.
That sux, I’ve had my redlines for 5 years and they are still the same as the day I installed them. The hoods on these cars are super light, so that makes me wonder.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I presume you contacted Steeda to express your concerns. What was their response?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for your input. I went ahead and ordered the Redline kit, will post pics when installed.
Good call. I've got these on my GT350. They work perfectly, and were only about a 10 minute installation.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the Redline's as well. You will need to watch the washer line as it can tend to work itself into a position around the outside of the strut which causes it to kink (as others in other threads have reported). It's really not a big deal though, just watch the line as you lower the hood and adjust it if it begins to kink.

OP
OP
ER95

ER95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Redline's as well. You will need to watch the washer line as it can tend to work itself into a position around the outside of the strut which causes it to kink (as others in other threads have reported). It's really not a big deal though, just watch the line as you lower the hood and adjust it if it begins to kink.
This was my main fear, I believe the instructions show where to place the hose which is nice.
Sponsored

Reactions: XS