High Performance Ecoboost vs Performance Pack GT

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don’t care about v8 rumble, not everyone feels the same way.

I’d rather listen to music
You're definitely in the minority. 2 years later I still scream obscenities when I listen to my exhaust with the windows down. It's just that good.

With that said, that doesn't make your opinion invalid or anything. I think the HPP is a way better car than people give it credit for.

As far as the nimble feeling, I'm sure it feels a bit lighter on its feet, but the heaviness of the GT is a little overblown. The Coyote is a very light engine overall. In a car that weighs over 3500lbs I doubt you'd notice an extra hundred up front.

The HPP is also rather rare, you'll probably never see another on the road if you buy one. So that's neat as well.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If you’re buying the car simply for fun, get the GT. The rumble and exhaust note are exhilarating and add a significant amount of joy. So does the extra HP when you floor it with your son on the way to wherever you’re going. Of course you can feel the weight difference, but with good suspension that is moot (IMO). As for Magneride, personally I believe if you’re not going to modify the car, get it. If you plan on modding the car a lot, there’s cooler stuff for less money.

I bought a base GT and all the money I’ve saved over a PP2 or Premium or Bullitt or whatever else I spent on modding the car and making it mine. Working on the car is fun for me, and I take pride in doing the work myself (other than painting the hood).

Think about what you want in a car and buy accordingly.

94DC6BA6-F474-4E78-B37A-B827D3EA26C4.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
@shogun32 seems like a question you could answer...
when did my middle name become beetlejuice?

does the 2018+ GT with the performance pack really suffer from the extra weight on the nose or is this given too much attention?
the EB is definitely more playful. EB or GT if you want a good handling car you're going to have to throw money at it. So while the mods will definitely improve GT response and surefooted'ness, the weight will always be discernable, but not necessarily detrimental.

MR is noticeably better at handling square-edged bumps than base or PP1 dampers. Chassis control (rebound) is also better, just not IMO adequate even after playing with modes. For MR to work it's best, you MUST address the IRS/chassis fixes. With a whole bunch of needless slop removed the MR experience goes up a notch.

I drove a 2021 HPP+HP and it was better in suspension than a '19 EB/PP+MR. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to sample a Mach1 let alone drive it back to back with a HPP+HP.

If you want MR, get a Mach 1 or if you only have budget for the HPP+HP, replace the front dampers with the ones from the Mach 1/GT500, and also try getting your hands on the MR controller from the Mach 1.

V8 vs EB has been hash to hell and back. Some days the rumble and bull in china shop of V8 is nice, other times the lithe whoosh of turbo is just as fulfilling. One thing is for sure, you can bury the throttle on the EB a lot more often and with aplomb vs trying to do the same in the v8.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I beg to differ. It's close. VERY close. But nothing trumps a hot tub full of cheerleaders (all of legal age of course).
Ummmmmm......

1654908160023.png

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I won't buy another turbocharged car with manual transmission. I have owned several and the boost drop on every shift really sucks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
when did my middle name become beetlejuice?

the EB is definitely more playful. EB or GT if you want a good handling car you're going to have to throw money at it. So while the mods will definitely improve GT response and surefooted'ness, the weight will always be discernable, but not necessarily detrimental.

MR is noticeably better at handling square-edged bumps than base or PP1 dampers. Chassis control (rebound) is also better, just not IMO adequate even after playing with modes. For MR to work it's best, you have to address the IRS/chassis fixes. With a whole bunch of needless slop removed the MR experience goes up a notch.

I drove a 2021 HPP+HP and it was better in suspension than a '19 EB/PP+MR. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to sample a Mach1 let alone drive it back to back with a HPP+HP.

If you want MR, get a Mach 1 or if you only have budget for the HPP+HP, replace the front dampers with the ones from the Mach 1/GT500, and also try getting your hands on the MR controller from the Mach 1.

V8 vs EB has been hash to hell and back. Some days the rumble and bull in china shop of V8 is nice, other times the lithe whoosh of turbo is just as fulfilling. One thing is for sure, you can bury the throttle on the EB a lot more often and with aplomb vs trying to do the same in the v8.
This is true
Sounds like the perfect candidate for a electric car.
i would be all for it, if they had a manual.

Sema Few years back there was an s550 with 1000& like 1000tq paired to a 6 speed manual tranny.

If they can give me a manual, I couldn’t care less if it’s quiet if it has 500hp at the wheels and pure torque

This is literally a dream machine to me

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/...anual-prototype-stick-shift-lithium-sema-2019

5516BBAE-8D13-4D6F-9ADB-0FC64F7F0157.jpeg

2CE2D022-A046-4197-8A21-F7DE5FD182E7.jpeg

810364C8-0BF4-4D4B-A1A7-CE21D926D34C.jpeg

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
This is true

i would be all for it, if they had a manual.

Sema Few years back there was an s550 with 1000& like 1000tq paired to a 6 speed manual tranny.

If they can give me a manual, I couldn’t care less if it’s quiet if it has 500hp at the wheels and pure torque

This is literally a dream machine to me

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/...anual-prototype-stick-shift-lithium-sema-2019
I actually think certain auto makers will make electric cars with manuals and or automatics in time. Just makes the driving experience more engaging even if its just a auto with paddles.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I actually think certain auto makers will make electric cars with manuals and or automatics in time. Just makes the driving experience more engaging even if its just a auto with paddles.
99% if drivers are damn texting now. I am a motorcycle rider and hit almost daily. Literally every single person has phone up in air in front of them not looking at Road, also, like 80% of them who are texting also have AirPods in their ears

i don’t understand the airpod shit. Like why the fuk do you need them when you have speakers? But fact is these people are the ones merging in on me and I’m right beside them.

also, no tickets ever given out for this anymore. Just accepted. Makes me so mad. Distracted driving is terrible,

i don’t even think people will buy manuals because they want to give 0 attention to driving, just texting.

i legit saw a girl with a fucking iPad tied to her steering wheel, like a legit dedicated iPad mountdead center steering wheel. It was late at night and she was legitly playing solitaire while driving down road. Shit was so bright I was like omg are you serious?!?

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Seconded. Everyone at my office drives Audi, Mercedes, BMW or other high end luxury cars. I actually got into Merc because of that. First a C300 then a C43 a year later. None of that is "me".

Then I got my 2021 fully loaded GT Premium. I'm the only guy in the underground with a muscle car and I LOVE it. It suits my personality and temperment. They all look at me like a peasant but I don't even care.

1654869474082.png
Funny thing every time I pass an Audi or Beemer they always stare at the GT. I’m sure they are thinking that SOB paid way less and that car is awesome. :)

Tetazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering Soon
I have both….2021 GT 6spd and 2022 HPP w/Handling Package 10spd Auto. I’ll post pics of both tomorrow along with my thoughts on each. Stay tuned….

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Funny thing every time I pass an Audi or Beemer they always stare at the GT. I’m sure they are thinking that SOB paid way less and that car is awesome. :)
A well spec V8 mustang is definitely more aggressive looking and sounding. I think a lot of people get caught up in the brand name to much. When I was younger I did also. Luckily that was just a phase of mine.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i asked the wife about a M2 or 240i and she said hell no they look like civics.
the mustang is really the only game in town for me, i guess.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
American muscle has to be V8. It's not a question of performance... The sound is half the equation. If you want fast and sporty with a 6 or 4 cyl, go with a European or Asian car, or a Focus RS/ Neon SRT4, etc.
Sponsored