Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It also depends on the owners' goals, priorities and what they care about. You can also slap on a 3.73 gear, a tune and be running dang close to the GT. Thats cheaper thats the cost of coil overs or a spring install.
At the cost of fuel economy and daily drivability.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Grow up lmao Ice445 explained it perfectly. You can improve the handling of the Base GT over time with ease but you can't just engine swap a HPP.
You dont have to swap it to be fast. May wanna see some of the times they are cutting with just basic boltons.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
How do either of those impact daily ability? 3.73 is a stock GT PP gear and unless you have a REALLY shitty tuners your drivability will be just fineor better than stock. The EB can also turn his boost down to drive back home a GT cant turn off cylinders.

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You dont have to swap it to be fast. May wanna see some of the times they are cutting with just basic boltons.
Being fast isn't always the goal. Some
How do either of those impact daily ability? 3.73 is a stock GT PP gear and unless you have a REALLY shitty tuners your drivability will be just fineor better than stock. The EB can also turn his boost down to drive back home a GT cant turn off cylinders.
A 2018+ GT has port injection and fuel vaporization and gets phenomenal fuel economy on the highway.

It also just sounds 10x better than the ecoboost. And that has implications beyond performance.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Being fast isn't always the goal. Some

A 2018+ GT has port injection and fuel vaporization and gets phenomenal fuel economy on the highway.

It also just sounds 10x better than the ecoboost. And that has implications beyond performance.
Also, not sure what you call phenomenal, the EB is rated higher in city and HW and the GT has only gained 1-2 highway MPG over my old 2003 Mach1. Man.. thats amazing...

Other than the sound unless you're wanting to be able to run 10's and also kill it in autoX there isn't much real reason HAVE to get a v8 over an EB. If all you have ais a DD and autoX car, the EB will liekly be just as fun and cheaper in the long term. And I know some people that find the sound of v8's annoying, its part of why some people buy electric cars. They LOVE the quiet.

Sponsored

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, not sure what you call phenomenal, the EB is rated higher in city and HW and the GT has only gained 1-2 highway MPG over my old 2003 Mach1. Man.. thats amazing...

Other than the sound unless you're wanting to be able to run 10's and also kill it in autoX there isn't much real reason HAVE to get a v8 over an EB. If all you have ais a DD and autoX car, the EB will liekly be just as fun and cheaper in the long term. And I know some people that find the sound of v8's annoying, its part of why some people buy electric cars. They LOVE the quiet.
I get 30 mpg on cruise at 70.

I don't drag race. I don't autocross. My Mustang is my daily driver, as it would be for this person as well.

If you find the sound of a V8 annoying, why are you buying a Mustang? The V8 is the soul of the Mustang

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Why is this even a forum.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

You lost me at "just as fun" lol. The EB/HPP is very fun, very hoonable, and just an overall good time. But it's not "just as fun" as a GT. If you think so, why did you buy a Bullitt? Or are you just trying to argue the counterpoint for the sake of it? Rumbling down the road puts a smile on most people's faces. I get children asking me to rev it for them. Does that happen with the Ecoboost? Nope. It's just an extra layer of theatre and character, it's nothing to do with the extra performance, although that's nice too. Hitting the torque band at 4K and riding to 7500 is an experience every single time you do it, whereas with a small displacement turbo, it just feels generic to me. Yeah, you get torque early. Cool. But the fun is over by 5,000 RPM and you have to shift. Feels like any other SUV or crossover I've driven with how it delivers power, even if it's fast on paper.

Also, the fact the fuel economy went up at all despite the extra 150 horsepower over your Mach 1 is still pretty impressive. You usually don't get power for free.

What even is this argument anymore though? I'm not shaming the Ecoboost owners, I'm just stating my opinion and why I opted for the GT myself.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Pretty sure he's talking about the 1JZ, 2JZ, RB20 and RB26. I6's known for being able to take massive abuse. Japans tuner kids are also less known for just beating on an engine then reselling the car as the US is. They are more likely to take care of it or hold on to it till it breaks. THEN resell it or part it out.
Ok so kind of like a big block Ford except they break easier and can't make as much power.

It also depends on the owners' goals, priorities and what they care about. You can also slap on a 3.73 gear, a tune and be running dang close to the GT. Thats cheaper thats the cost of coil overs or a spring install.
Definitely the EB is a less expensive vehicle and it makes sense to spend within your means. That's partially why I bought a used PP1 GT rather than a new GT350 or some other option I could have gone with.

Drivability just is silly to bring up and if you want fuel economy a Mustang isn't a very good choice. IMO a GT is more drivable than an EB, because drivability is all about how much you enjoy a car while you are using it for transportation.

The EB is a good engine, nothing wrong with it. It's interesting to me reading that the EB (418 lbs) doesn't have much of a weight advantage over the Coyote (445 lbs). I would have thought there would be a more significant difference.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
It also depends on the owners' goals, priorities and what they care about.
Exactly, my goal was a great handling Mustang right out of the box. I donā€™t care about 0-60 times, I like hitting the canyons east of Salt Lake.

Type R might appeal, but the wing is ridiculous.

The number one feature of the Mustang is its adaptability. You can go all the way from cloth seats and A10 Milwaukee Enterprise rental to a fire breathing GT500.

I try not to judge why folks didnā€™t get Magneride or like stripes or have a big ass spoiler. Everyone gets the Mustang they want, as far as I am concerned. šŸ˜€

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You lost me at "just as fun" lol. The EB/HPP is very fun, very hoonable, and just an overall good time. But it's not "just as fun" as a GT. If you think so, why did you buy a Bullitt? Or are you just trying to argue the counterpoint for the sake of it? Rumbling down the road puts a smile on most people's faces. I get children asking me to rev it for them. Does that happen with the Ecoboost? Nope. It's just an extra layer of theatre and character, it's nothing to do with the extra performance, although that's nice too. Hitting the torque band at 4K and riding to 7500 is an experience every single time you do it, whereas with a small displacement turbo, it just feels generic to me. Yeah, you get torque early. Cool. But the fun is over by 5,000 RPM and you have to shift. Feels like any other SUV or crossover I've driven with how it delivers power, even if it's fast on paper.

Also, the fact the fuel economy went up at all despite the extra 150 horsepower over your Mach 1 is still pretty impressive. You usually don't get power for free.

What even is this argument anymore though? I'm not shaming the Ecoboost owners, I'm just stating my opinion and why I opted for the GT myself.
Because my definition of fun is not someone else's definition. some people find a Tesla a ton of fun. I find the dead silence boring AF I don't care how fast it is. Some people find automatics fun. I find them boring, again I don't care if its faster or not.

I got the Bullitt because I really liked DHG and had wanted an 01 but it wasn't in my range at the time. When the 08 was out it was more logical for me to get a used Mach1 financially. I have driven many i4, v6 and even a TTv6. I would have had NO issue stepping into a HPP if the Bullitt didn't exist when I wanted a new car.

This is the same argument SVO guys had when they were new.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Only we can measure our enjoyment ourselves.
I donā€™t care that I donā€™t wake the dead with exhaust noise, so ecoboost fit my affordability

both cars do everything literally 1000x the same

itā€™s just ones faster and louder. In everyday driving, unless you are flooring light to light. Ecoboost makes more sense to me with prices going up on fuel lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I donā€™t care that I donā€™t wake the dead with exhaust noise, so ecoboost fit my affordability

itā€™s just ones faster and louder. In everyday driving, unless you are flooring light to light. Ecoboost makes more sense to me with prices going up on fuel lol
I don't disagree at all but waking the dead is fun lol

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

If both cars did everything literally the same, Ford wouldn't charge more for the V8

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I skimmed though so sorry if I repeat anything. Drive both. I have a GT PP2 and I entertained possibly getting an HPP and making it as light as possible(not gutting it) with forged wheels,2 piece rotors,carbon DS, rear seat delete among other things, and then a few mods/tune to get it to about 400hp ish. It would be pretty bad ass fun car. Get what you want and don't worry about what anyone thinks. Someone will ALWAYS think you should of got something else no matter what you get. With that said I knew I personally wanted a PP2. I loved them since they came out. To me the PP2 is just bad ass. Anyway. That was 2019 and who knows. I have been eyeing GT350's, GT500's, Roush Stage 3's and the Mach 1. I KNOW if I ended up chossong the RS3 I would be flamed to no end on what I could of got. I can hear it now lol. Anyway just get whatever. After a few years you might be in a different sitch and then re evaluate. Whatever you do don't gtlet something you can't afford. Rambling over.
Sponsored