Sponsored

High Flow Air Filter from AirAid

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just curious who is running the Blue High Flow Air Filter from Ford Performance that is made by Air Aid and if any significant difference that is noticeable.
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Just curious who is running the Blue High Flow Air Filter from Ford Performance that is made by Air Aid and if any significant difference that is noticeable.
It looks cool.

That's pretty much it.

Then comes the discussion on filtration versus flow, which people looovve for some reason.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not me. I just wanted blue also, to match my coil covers.

As a side note, Amsoil has a correct fitment blue filter as well that doesnā€™t get a lot of discussion.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am so I can wash and reuse. Can't do that with the paper one. Plus I got it for $50 from someone really shady on eBay.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Was one of my first extensive mods and I havenā€™t looked back, amazing torque increase. It really woke the engine up due to matching my blue stripes.
Only took a Saturday afternoon for the installā€¦.you can do it!

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
No noticeable power gains but does flow a lot better than stock filter. Could see a minimal throttle response increase and a little more sound out of the intake.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in terms of vehicle performance, nor did I expect any. I bought it so that I could wash and re-use.

OP
OP

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I figured its minimal if any performance gains, I think if anything the blue color will look cool.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Blue rules (says me with a Kona Blue GT350R and a blue air filter).

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I agree with those who think the color change looks great!
I took it one step furtherā€¦ I painted the factory paper filter with a heat-resistant enamel. It looked awesome, but the VooDoo was starved for power and barely ran.
Iā€™m no idiot and by no means a quitter.
I figured the fumes from the paint were messing with the air/fuel ratioā€¦ time for plan-B.
I used colored plasti-dip & boy did it look amazingā€¦ butā€¦..!
The car refused to even start nowā€¦!
So I bought a blue Airaid filter and the car started and ranā€¦ huge improvement from my factory (modified) filter.

Sponsored

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
I also installed the blue FP Airaid ("Air-Raid" :crackup: ) filter for 2 reasons: I read somewhere that it offered a 5% increase in power, and that it was washable, thereby saving $ to eventually replace it like you'd have to do if constantly using the OEM yellow paper air filter.

If it offered any increase in power, I haven't been able to discern it, but there's no decline either, so no harm done there. I didn't mind yellow color of the original, but the blue color is more appropriate for a Ford product (e.g., "Blue Oval" brand, or "Performance Blue" paint).

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I agree with those who think the color change looks great!
I took it one step furtherā€¦ I painted the factory paper filter with a heat-resistant enamel. It looked awesome, but the VooDoo was starved for power and barely ran.
Iā€™m no idiot and by no means a quitter.
I figured the fumes from the paint were messing with the air/fuel ratioā€¦ time for plan-B.
I used colored plasti-dip & boy did it look amazingā€¦ butā€¦..!
The car refused to even start nowā€¦!
So I bought a blue Airaid filter and the car started and ranā€¦ huge improvement from my factory (modified) filter.
Dave, I love your methodology and problem solving conclusion thus opening up the true power that you were able to unleash with the true blue "Airaid" filter. I have this setup with this "red/pink" filter. It makes my car definitely sound "angry" at WOT. Don't know how much if any HP increase there is though. Reminds me of "back in the day" when you would flip over the air cleaner lid on your car, so the car would roar at WOT. BTY, my "red/pink" filter is ok for guys....yes ? šŸ¤”

7B3B6396-084D-4708-BCE8-0C2228D4EE48.jpeg

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
K&N supports the hobby and motorsports.
I tend to support those that do this.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just to add, try the brand "Outerwears" micron pre filter on your aftermarket CAI filter. I have it and it works great on a conical.

This is the exact Outerwears micron prefilterI am using for the Airaid conical, which is a fairly large conical filter:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/prefilter-airaid-cai-2015.html

Outerwears link:
https://www.outerwears.com

---

The purpose of a prefilter is to block the smallest particulate matter from the main filter. An uncovered filter will clog much faster, whether it's a stock paper filter OR a "performance" filter. The prefilter will and does prevent the main filter from becoming saturated with debris AND at the same time it is deflecting particulate from itself due to its material and design.

All I do with mine is just use a shop vac to remove any debris from the bottom of the box and off the surface of the OW micron. Quarterly maintenance I'll remove the OW micron and rinse (it dries practically instantly). I've run it in full pollen season too and never had an issue with it clogging OR the underlying conical filter becoming dirty from pass through.

Here's my original Micron thread showing my Outerwears micron on my prior 2016 S550 after 5,000 miles of use. It's no BS, it works as designed and works very well. I'm using the same micron on my 2018.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tip-add-micron-sock-to-conical-filter.84459/

As one can see in the linked images in that thread, the debris is sitting on top of the Outerwears and isn't "clogging it" at all. If I tapped the Outerwears, that debris would fall right to the bottom of the air box. The same happens when there is airflow occurring, debris will deflect off the Outerwears and into the bottom of the air box. If the Outerwears was not in place, that same debris would have been packed into the pleats of the main filter.
ā€”ā€”

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
What is the minimum hp increase needed to be able to feel it?
Answer: way more than a air filter can offer
Sponsored