GT350 High Flow Cat options

smokinscooters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
I picked up a 2019 GT350 last year and absolutely love it. It's a fantastic track toy and the sound is glorious. But, as we all know, there's always room for improvement. I don't want to go down the long tube header route, as I don't want to put a tube on the car and void the warranty. I've heard really good things about Fabspeed sport cats but they're so expensive. Speedzone Performance had some mis-priced cats on their site yesterday $2495 and I made the mistake of asking if they were in stock, at which point they pulled them down off the site and said that they were putting them back up at $3795. I was in at $2500 but $4000 is just too much for sport cats, even if they're 200 cell HJS high quality German cats. B-line used to make some but pulled them a couple of years ago. Any other options out there?
Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Somewhat off track, but are you sure headers impact warranty but swapping cats doesn’t?

Never had warranty issues with axle back, but assumed once you went upstream from there you could run into issues…cats included.

OP
OP

smokinscooters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
Headers require a tune, sport cats don't. It's the tune that voids the warranty. The Fabspeed sport cats don't trigger a CEL like the headers would and don't require a tune so they don't void the warranty. Axle back and cat back exhausts are also fine, as they don't require a tune. Basically anything that requires a tune voids the warranty.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you go messing with emissions equipment you're going to fight an uphill battle on warranty claims. Just a warning.

The hp difference between sport cats and stock cats without a tune is going to be very minimal given the massive price.

Are you trying to gain hp? Sound? Your post just says "room for improvement" without any clarification on what you're trying to improve.

OP
OP

smokinscooters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
I'm specifically looking for sound but there is a separate thread on the Fabspeed sport cats that is extremely extensive. They offer both fantastic sound and a claimed 21whp gain and 27tq gain, substantiated by several form members. All with no CEL, not tune. At $4k, understandably so for 200 cell German cats, the price tag is hard to swallow. I'm just wondering if there are any other comparable options out there to Fabspeed at a fraction of the cost. I know Soul also has a 200 cell option but they are also $3795. I'm most interested in retaining the OEM exhaust sound but increasing volume. If I get some hp/tq increases, that's the icing on the cake.
Sponsored