Sponsored

GT350 Daily Use

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got less than 10K on my '17, so obviously I don't daily it, but I would not have an issue if I had to. I've got a hairy golden retriever that likes to go everywhere with me, and a truck to daily and transport him in, so it only sees use on nice sunny days right now.

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Bought mine in Oct of last year. Had 1 previous owner and 3100 miles on it. I daily it and it has over 11k miles on it now. Bought it to drive....not to wipe it with a diaper when I walk by it in the garage.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
20k miles on mine in this last year…
looking forward to the next 20k!

not driving to save the miles, has been likened to not doing the horizontal boogie with your significant other because you wanna save some for the next yahoo 😂

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
Well said...!
I wish I knew who posted the comment years ago that I saw... they said something along the lines of:
Having a GT350 and not driving it, and then selling it with low miles is like having a really hot girlfriend and not have sex with her, so that the next guy gets a perfect un-used pussy that will be pounded over and over by someone else!
Perfectly Worded!!!!!!

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Buy one and daily drive it. It's a Mustang. Enjoy it. A lot of people sold theirs during the pandemic because prices spiked. They will regret it later. Don't save the car for the next guy. Enjoy the hell out of it!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Thanks guys! I just wish the prices didnt go up as much as they have since January. May have to wait until the beginning of next year.
I think prices are starting to come down; I saw a 2018 for$52k with 30k miles on autotrader the other day.

I am in a similar situation and ended up ordering a Mach 1. If you are dead set on the Shelby get that but I think the Mach is definitely worth looking at from a value perspective

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
Ive daily driven mine through 70 degree winters and 80 degree summers.......it handles amazing through both harsh seasons!

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys! I'll wait for the deal... almost pulled the trigger on a 2019... They wanted 65k and it had 7k miles. Need to get that down to 55-60k

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
We see this question a lot.

Only you can answer it. Can you daily drive a harley? Can you daily drive a lifted F350? Can you daily a slingshot?

It's all personal preference and situation. If you live in the city and have to park in garages or tight street spaces, then a huge jacked up truck is a pain in the ass. If you live somewhere it rains or snows half the year or you have small children or have a job that involves taking people to lunch, a harley is a poor choice.

If you work in places that involve dirt or unimproved roads, a Porsche GT3 is probably not a smart daily.

In the end, a GT350 has all the uncomfortable aspects of a mustang. The back seat is largely useless for anything other than midgets and car seats. It's a manual so constant stop and go traffic jams are gonna be painful and a waste of the car's mileage.

If it's just you (most of the time) and you're not forced in and out of extreme inclines (like ramps) where you will scrape, and you don't mind banging through gears to high rpm, the GT350 is just like any other sports car.

I drive my car a lot but I have a primary vehicle for comfort and utility and the car is a second fun vehicle. I take it to work occasionally, but I'll admit, I personally would have a difficult time if it were my primary. I need space/room to carry gear. I need quiet cabin space for work related conversations and phone meetings. I need to not lose my shit in stop and go.

Can you daily a 350? Sure. It just depends on your personal situation and dedication to fun/performance over utility.

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm at a weird place with mine where I drive it to work a few times a week in the non-winter seasons (secure parking garage at work with some nice edge spots) but I refuse to take it to the grocery or other store because of shopping carts etc. If I ever do take it on a shopping run it will only be to a place I've been to before so that I can scope out the parking and driveway slope angle situation (Google street view can also work for this). But I also beat on it on the track regularly and leave it in the paddock with all sorts of shit going on etc. I guess its about perspective and context. I'll be pissed if it gets damaged at Costco, but I'm okay with it if it happens at the track...

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I guess I was just looking for reassurance from owners. The highest mileage GT350 I've seen for sale is 20k miles. This will be my first Mustang and first Ford. So just doing my homework. Thanks guys!

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Thanks guys! I'll wait for the deal... almost pulled the trigger on a 2019... They wanted 65k and it had 7k miles. Need to get that down to 55-60k
Seems somewhat reasonable. i waited the better part of a year before breaking down and doing a 2019 w/ 16K miles for $60K

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
Not a full-on daily but I drive it a HELL of a lot more than I did my Z06 because I can put the little guy in the back seat. This is also my first FoMoCo/Mustang. I've found the GT350 to be very comfortable to use on a daily basis in my opinion as long as your roads aren't complete trash. Few things I would just be aware of:

1. For the type of car and engine the actual mileage really isn't bad BUT the fuel tank is pathetically small on these cars. I have yet to get over 300 miles to a tank, if you do a lot of highway driving you'll probably come close to that, regardless you'll have to stop for fill ups often using it daily
2. The backseat is more usable than some are giving it credit for, the trunk is also completely functional (especially when compared to something like the Camaro)
3. If you get a '16 it's remarkably easy to add Apple car play, look up any one of the very helpful threads on here
4. Be vigilant about checking your oil level, I try to do it every time I fill up on gas or two weeks (whichever comes first) just to stay on top of it
5. Rain mode in rain, watch your temps before thrashing it
6. Enjoy it! This car does an awesome job of making even mundane errand runs fun

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
6. Enjoy it! This car does an awesome job of making even mundane errand runs fun
Scott nailed it on this statement...!!!
I live 0.8 miles from a grocery store. I have jumped in the Shelby many, many times to run to the store to get something, and I put 50- 75 miles on the odometer!
It's not my fault... I'm a victim I tell ya!
It's Ford's fault; they equipped this car with Flat-Planed VooDoo exhaust crack. One hit, and your permanently addicted. There is no going back, and there is no recovery.
If enough of us get together, maybe we could file a Class-Action Lawsuit as VooDoo addict victims.
Sponsored