Sponsored

Daily drivers: highest mileage gt350

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Update: Soon to cross 62k miles (mostly Whipple boosted) on my '17 Gen 1. Little to no oil burn until I reach approx 35% oil life remaining . Once it hits this mark I start to burn about a quart for the remainder of the oil life. Found the final oil breakdown mark, and now my new oil change interval. I've been running Motorcraft oil and filter from day 1.

FYI, I did swap to forged MMR OPG and sprocket gear very early on in its life.
Sponsored

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Been almost a year since an update, still have the 350. Ran out of Ford ESP a while back. It's been good so far but I recently ran into an issue with the AC. Every time it's on the car vibrates like crazy over 2K RPMs until 4K in 1,2,3,4 gear. Getting it looked at. Otherwise excellent condition no burning oil or tranny issues. Changed all fluids, as a recommendation do change the brake build, it does actuate the clutch as well and does need a flush over time, mine was still factory fluid never done. 65K miles now :)

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Been almost a year since an update, still have the 350. Ran out of Ford ESP a while back. It's been good so far but I recently ran into an issue with the AC. Every time it's on the car vibrates like crazy over 2K RPMs until 4K in 1,2,3,4 gear. Getting it looked at. Otherwise excellent condition no burning oil or tranny issues. Changed all fluids, as a recommendation do change the brake build, it does actuate the clutch as well and does need a flush over time, mine was still factory fluid never done. 65K miles now :)

Oh buddy, this makes me nervous. The AC compressor is mounted to the block with three bolts that go directly into the side of the block. I had one of those bolts which was improperly installed after an AC compressor repair shear off in the block post. This caused the AC compressor to vibrate like hell at certain RPMs. Took a while to figure it out as it was not readily obvious with the car up on the lift. It ended up that a piece of the broken bolt was stuck inside of the block post. Once they removed the broken part of the bolt the threads in the block post were ruined. Because of this the AC compressor could never be properly torqued to the engine and would continually vibrate loose. Luckily, my car was under warranty because Ford authorized a complete engine replacement for this issue. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hopefully itā€™s nothing major with the AC. Iā€™m going to hit 38k miles on the drive home from work today. Going strong. 2017 Gen 1.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Oh buddy, this makes me nervous. The AC compressor is mounted to the block with three bolts that go directly into the side of the block. I had one of those bolts which was improperly installed after an AC compressor repair shear off in the block post. This caused the AC compressor to vibrate like hell at certain RPMs. Took a while to figure it out as it was not readily obvious with the car up on the lift. It ended up that a piece of the broken bolt was stuck inside of the block post. Once they removed the broken part of the bolt the threads in the block post were ruined. Because of this the AC compressor could never be properly torqued to the engine and would continually vibrate loose. Luckily, my car was under warranty because Ford authorized a complete engine replacement for this issue. Hopefully this is not the case for you.
I've already had the AC replaced before and the tech said a bolt was seized and he had to pry it out. Fingers crossed it's nothing major.. otherwise, I'm putting the Cats back on and buying that Ford ESP. Will find out in a week once it's at the dealership.

Talliuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I've already had the AC replaced before and the tech said a bolt was seized and he had to pry it out. Fingers crossed it's nothing major.. otherwise, I'm putting the Cats back on and buying that Ford ESP. Will find out in a week once it's at the dealership.
Can you buy the ESP after it has expired? I thought it had to be purchased while the ESP was active. I am running out of my powertrain warranty next year and need to buy an extended warranty soon as well.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Can you buy the ESP after it has expired? I thought it had to be purchased while the ESP was active. I am running out of my powertrain warranty next year and need to buy an extended warranty soon as well.
Yes you can buy it after, you Just have to ensure any mods you did to the car are taken off, such as with mine the dealer said to put on the factory exhaust since I had taken out the Cats but they said I can get away with the FP lowering springs. It's pricy though but overtime is worth it if you're using the car to have fun. Nothing beats the peace of mind which I'm learning now

Talliuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yes you can buy it after, you Just have to ensure any mods you did to the car are taken off, such as with mine the dealer said to put on the factory exhaust since I had taken out the Cats but they said I can get away with the FP lowering springs. It's pricy though but overtime is worth it if you're using the car to have fun. Nothing beats the peace of mind which I'm learning now
Oh okay, good to know. Definitely do not want to risk 30k on a new engine.

Sponsored

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I was under the impression after a certain amount of time you couldn't get the ESP? Mine is a 2018 that I bought in February. Didn't have any ESP previously that I'm aware of. It's at about 8,300 miles now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Me too - I think you have to buy it while the car is still under the 3/36. Worth noting, though...it seems like most people buy them for fear of a big engine repair but the powertrain warranty is 5/50, if I'm not mistaken? So really, you have 5 years to worry about that ;)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If I recall correctly, the pricing tiers change after something like 33 months. Up until that point I believe youā€™re buying an ESP under whatā€™s consider new car tier pricing and after that whatever you buy is under used car pricing. Zach at Granger can explain it better but you should still be able to purchase a Ford ESP on a 2018 car, it will just cost more than a 2020 car that still has some time left on the factory 3/36 (and those are dwindling now too since weā€™re in September 2023 now)

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Fug man I hope not but this is like literally the exact same thing that happened to me. Since the bolt posts are cast into the engine block if they are stripped out they are ruined, and the block is worthless. I saw the invoice from Ford in 2018 , just the price of the long block was $27,000.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you truly had a faulty AC compressor replacement cause this issue, I think you would have legal recourse against the dealership for faulty repair to recover loss regarding the cost of engine replacement. Obviously youā€™re going to have to lawyer up for that.
Sponsored