Sponsored

GT350 Daily Use

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I'm in the middle on daily/not daily. I bought my 2020 in Jan 2021 with 1400 miles. It now has 6K. I don't drive it if roads are wet but when weather is good sometimes I drive it every day for a couple of weeks. I've road tripped from Idaho to California with my mountain bike in the trunk. I can't tell the slightest difference in oil level from when I bought it until right now. My commute is 8.2 miles. About 4 miles on a 55mph highway, 1 mile on a 65mph highway, and 3 miles at 25-30 mph. I average 15mpg with what I'd say is probably very average use of the gas pedal. The small tank with that mileage is annoying. I typically average 17mpg in my F150 with the same commute. There are three separate places on my commute where I have to be VERY careful or the front splitter hits the ground. Some days I drive the F150 just to not have to be careful.
Sheesh 8 miles! Barely enough time to get the temperatures up! I'd say for me that would be the biggest factor for anyone considering DD'ing a 350 is you either are idling for 10 minutes twice a day, or driving like a grandma for 10 miles before the oil is to temp.

This is my first car with any kind of aggressive splitter and weirdly even the R is not as much a hassle as I would have thought...most of the time. Generally it's a lot of people waiting for you at intersections while you try to snake over a drainage ditch at full lock. But occasionally it's extremely annoying when a driveway's too steep or something and just want to be able to not have to think about it like a normal car. At that point I start getting comments about Princess Shelby from the passenger seat when we have to drive around for a while looking for a manageable place to park.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
lol...Princess Shelby. I can definitely see that shit in my future. I tagged a curb in my charger within the first month due to its low splitter. Ever since, I give myself plenty of room. Maybe need to install a front cam to help...