Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
2018 here with original motor. 26k miles and been treating me great! I do engine oil every year, which is approx 5k miles or so. Sent 3 analysis to blackstone and they've all been perfect with plenty of life on the oil left per them, but I change it due to time. Never had any oil consumption at all.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
if you truly had a faulty AC compressor replacement cause this issue, I think you would have legal recourse against the dealership for faulty repair to recover loss regarding the cost of engine replacement. Obviously you’re going to have to lawyer up for that.
So what the dealer found was all of the bolts for the compressor were loose, one of them actually came out all the way and was contacting the steering rod and causing a lot of vibration to the steering above 2K RPM. Unfortunately one of the bolts did shear off and the tip of it is stuck in the block. The tech said there's a good chance he can take it out without damaging the threads of the block so fingers crossed I can get away with not having to use helix thread or whatever it's called. Will find out in the coming days if I get lucky.
Tech also said whoever replaced the unit may have not torqued it properly, very rare to see all bolts coming loose.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
So what the dealer found was all of the bolts for the compressor were loose, one of them actually came out all the way and was contacting the steering rod and causing a lot of vibration to the steering above 2K RPM. Unfortunately one of the bolts did shear off and the tip of it is stuck in the block. The tech said there's a good chance he can take it out without damaging the threads of the block so fingers crossed I can get away with not having to use helix thread or whatever it's called. Will find out in the coming days if I get lucky.
Tech also said whoever replaced the unit may have not torqued it properly, very rare to see all bolts coming loose.

Oh man, I wish you the best of luck. Document everything !

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Oh man, I wish you the best of luck. Document everything !
It took a week, the dealer had to call in some skilled tradesman to spot weld the bolt out. Luckily the Brocken bit came out without damaging the threads so the block is good!
Ready to hit the road again.
IMG_7451.png

Sponsored