Sponsored

GT350 as a daily driver?

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
stanglife, you said it absolutely perfectly. Why wouldn't you drive it as a daily driver? What would you be "saving" it for?

As someone else somewhere on this forum said, having a fabulous car and not driving it is like having a beautiful girlfriend/wife and not making love to her every night, because you're 'saving' her for her next man...
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
stanglife, you said it absolutely perfectly. Why wouldn't you drive it as a daily driver? What would you be "saving" it for?

As someone else somewhere on this forum said, having a fabulous car and not driving it is like having a beautiful girlfriend/wife and not making love to her every night, because you're 'saving' her for her next man...
At least the wife will have low-mileage for the next guy ;)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It doesn't snow here in San Jose but once every hundred years or so, but with the way the TV news people have been squawking about the storm headed here, I'm gonna need a submarine to get to work and back. If I can swing it, and find one it will be my DD!

backhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
It's a goddamned Mustang not a Ferrari. Why wouldn't you drive it daily? :doh:

This is not a rare, exotic, or limited production vehicle. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.

The car has navigation and heated seats...of course it will be an excellent daily driver. I have had cars with Magnetic suspensions before, they are just great for comfort. Especially if you're on a good tire like the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Ding, ding, ding.

Well actually it is limited production but I'd still happily drive it every day.
Prove it. Nothing about this car is limited as far as we know. No announcement was made as to the actual production numbers, the allocation to dealerships, etc.

Everyone that isn't kicking tires will have one, and you will find plenty of low-mileage specimens that have depreciated, with age and not miles, all over the classifieds and used dealer lots in due time. They will not be difficult to procure with the exception of the initial allocations in the near-term See: Boss 302 and GT500.

Sponsored

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
IMO, if you need to drive this car as a DD you can't afford it.
Crazy to drive cars like this in winter, its not made for it, never mind
the obvious fact it is a limited production car. It was designed to enjoy,
But I doubt the designers had doing donuts in snow as one of ideas.
Or... you could be like me..... and live in Florida? That makes a VERY COLD 45 degree winter;);):headbang::headbang: if I decide to not buy the GT PP and wait a year with my 2010 to save up the price difference

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
backhill said:
Prove it. Nothing about this car is limited as far as we know. No announcement was made as to the actual production numbers, the allocation to dealerships, etc.
It was actually stated several times in numerous interviews that this will be produced in the same quantity as the GT500 which is, in fact, a limited production vehicle. However, just because it is a limited production vehicle does not make it a limited edition and I think that may be some of the confusion. As i said in an earlier post, the GT500 was still a 4-5k units per year car so despite being a "limited production" vehicle they were still readily available. The same, I believe, will apply to the GT350.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
My only worry is fuel economy. If it manages to have good enough economy to avoid the gas guzzler, I'm all in... It might be naive of me to even hope for that, though.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
It was actually stated several times in numerous interviews that this will be produced in the same quantity as the GT500 which is, in fact, a limited production vehicle. However, just because it is a limited production vehicle does not make it a limited edition and I think that may be some of the confusion. As i said in an earlier post, the GT500 was still a 4-5k units per year car so despite being a "limited production" vehicle they were still readily available. The same, I believe, will apply to the GT350.
Everything is limited. Limited by orders or limited by manufacturer.

Limited production implies manufacturer has the capacity to build but decides to stop making even with potential orders on the table. GT350 is not limited production.

GT350 is projected to be a low volume production vehicle based on historical evidence of a similarly priced performance Mustang, the GT500. But Ford spokespeople will never call anything low volume. It's bad form and makes them look like failures to investors and management. So they just say, we plan on selling same number as GT500.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I've read that they are planning on building 5000 Voodoo engines, but they didn't say if that was per year, or included crate engines and or racing engines. I figure they will be available like the 2013&14 GT500s, and some dealers, especially in larger metro areas will include hefty DAMs on top of the $52K or so msrp. So yeah, if you slap your $60K down, you'll probably be able to get one.

Me, if I can swing the $, will be looking all over for the best deal, and figuring on a road trip delivery/break in. Dealers in the San Jose area, and California in general, are notorious for dealer added markups on special vehicles.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I've read that they are planning on building 5000 Voodoo engines, but they didn't say if that was per year, or included crate engines and or racing engines. I figure they will be available like the 2013&14 GT500s, and some dealers, especially in larger metro areas will include hefty DAMs on top of the $52K or so msrp. So yeah, if you slap your $60K down, you'll probably be able to get one.

Me, if I can swing the $, will be looking all over for the best deal, and figuring on a road trip delivery/break in. Dealers in the San Jose area, and California in general, are notorious for dealer added markups on special vehicles.
I don't understand why everyone is so convinced that there is going to be dealer markup on these things. I mean sure, there will be at first (at least at some dealers, hopefully not all), but I don't doubt you'll be able to get at least MSRP within a few months or so. I mean when the 2014 was on the way out, I know of at least one dealer around here that had a GT500 on the lot that they were trying to dump. Was that like a super, super rare exception or something?

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I don't understand why everyone is so convinced that there is going to be dealer markup on these things. I mean sure, there will be at first (at least at some dealers, hopefully not all), but I don't doubt you'll be able to get at least MSRP within a few months or so. I mean when the 2014 was on the way out, I know of at least one dealer around here that had a GT500 on the lot that they were trying to dump. Was that like a super, super rare exception or something?
I am sure that it would depend on the market area. I know in Los Angeles you would be lucky to get it for less then 10k over MSRP. Just due to the fact that the market is willing to pay it.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The dealer here was still asking for $5K over MSRP for GT500s that had been sitting in the showroom for 9 months.

FPC FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
435i
For those who live in regions who are subjected to dealer markups of say, $5-10k, why not get the car shipped to your area? $2k in shipping costs could get you a 3000 mile trek from an east coast area with no dealer markup.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
For those who live in regions who are subjected to dealer markups of say, $5-10k, why not get the car shipped to your area? $2k in shipping costs could get you a 3000 mile trek from an east coast area with no dealer markup.
I'd rather drive it cross-country myself.
Sponsored