Sponsored

GT350 as a daily driver?

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I wouldn't expect oil prices to stay that low forever.

Gas mileage is my one concern with the GT350. I know it's not really a high priority for the car (or most of its demographic), but it's at least a little bit of a concern for me. If the car can't at least manage to avoid the GG tax, it's going to make it a good bit harder for me to justify the purchase.

I think the phrase you're looking for is:

"But $*&% it! #YOLO!!!" ;)

First off, I was hoping to not see that phrase on these forums. I thought mustang folk were classier than the Y word. :-D :jester:

Personally, I'm not worried about mileage, but I fully agree with you. If it avoids the GG tax, it'll be even better.

At what point does the GG tax kick in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
First off, I was hoping to not see that phrase on these forums. I thought mustang folk were classier than the Y word. :-D :jester:

Personally, I'm not worried about mileage, but I fully agree with you. If it avoids the GG tax, it'll be even better.

At what point does the GG tax kick in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was too obvious. Somebody had to do it... ;)

As for the gas guzzler thing, apparently there is a lot of shady math involved with avoiding it. Did you see that recent autoblog post about it?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/24/cars-avoid-gas-guzzler-tax-list/

But I'm interested in gas mileage for more reasons than just avoiding the big up-front GGT cost. This car if I got it may well be my DD, and I go on some road trips here and there. Would be nice to not see that gas tank needle move too quickly... If they can't get the hwy mileage at least decently into the 20s, it's going to be tough.

I have it on good authority that:

YOLT
Nice.
Sponsored