GT350 as a daily driver?

91ROGUE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2006 Black GT
Pretty set on the 350, thought about getting a beater to drive to work. But I know Ill just have to much fun in the beast to drive anything else.

Anyone else considering the 350 as their daily driver?
Sponsored

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
^^Heck no. Why would you DD this car. This is a limited production special offering with a unique engine design. It needs to be babied and taken out only on special occasions. Especially in winter climate with snow and all the elements. Just get a DD with good FE. It will be that much more enjoyable to have fun in it when the weekend hits while it keeps the mileage down thus keeping its value.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Pretty set on the 350, thought about getting a beater to drive to work. But I know Ill just have to much fun in the beast to drive anything else.

Anyone else considering the 350 as their daily driver?
I'm thinking this will be a Concourse car or more likely a Track Day car...not a true DD for MOST.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
It will be my DD if I buy it. I think it will be fine with magneride and tech pack.

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
That's my plan. Trade my 14 in 2 years for this baby. Of course it's going to be a daily driver. Why buy a car and not drive it. Of course, being Canadian it will hibernate half the year

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
^^Heck no. Why would you DD this car. This is a limited production special offering with a unique engine design. It needs to be babied and taken out only on special occasions. Especially in winter climate with snow and all the elements. Just get a DD with good FE. It will be that much more enjoyable to have fun in it when the weekend hits while it keeps the mileage down thus keeping its value.
:lol::lol: what????? You realize they will make 4-6k a year right? I would DD this car in a heartbeat. If it get one to replace my '15GT PP, it will be my DD.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Buy it. Drive it. That's the point! :)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
It will share DD duties with my GTI. I suspect the fuel economy will prevent me from driving it every day (round trip commute is about 70 miles), but I will drive it at least one or two days a week. The main reason I'm interested in the Mustang is due to the rear seats, which will be perfect for my kids.

I will also be using it as my track car, taking it to about four track days per year. Really looking forward to this car as it covers pretty much everything I've been searching for.

-T

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
I see no reason why this car cant be a DD, I mean it comes with magnaride for god sake. This whole baby my car bs is absurd. I will never baby any car I own. Buy it, drive it till the wheels fall off. Otherwise go stare at it at the dealership on the weekends to get your fix. Lol

Sponsored

backhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
It'll be a DD without question. I'm going to put the beans to it and beat it like a red-headed step child. What's the point of owning it otherwise? If I'm spending the money, I'm going to enjoy it, track it, and use it like any other car. 10-20 years from now, what is there to gain from letting it sit? Another special edition will be out and I'll get that when it's out. And the world will still be turning.

From a practical standpoint, it has all the comforts and amenities, and perhaps even more, than any other DD on the road. Not much in question there from that perspective.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I can't see paying 50-60k for a car like this and just only use it one or two days a month. If I'm paying that much, you bet I'm gonna drive it as much as i can, and maintain it very well. For something like this, id keep it as a family heirloom.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It could be a DD with or without the adjustable dampers. Making this a garage queen should be a crime.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I'm gonna drive it every day and enjoy the heck out of it! Track it as much as I can (hoping at least once a month) and enjoy the drive to work every other day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I DD'd a Porsche 911S for 3 years, no problem in DD this car. I wouldn't want to do it as I do baby my toys. Even my E92 M3 is pretty much just a weekend non rain car as I got the FiST for my DD.

Dave
Sponsored