GT vs Tesla

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are plenty of fast cars around but have been unable to find any to mess around with in the Plaid. Heck, when I had my TT S550, there weren't many people around to mess around with. There is no replacing the sound of the twin turbos hauling ass in my old car - I do miss it. Crazy thing is the plaid is fast but for some reason, it doesn't feel as fast as I expected it to be. Its probably due to it being silent. Still wild when you floor it at 50 though.
That's exactly the feeling I had driving my friends Mach-E GT. There was just no sensation of speed (and there was plenty of that). It felt artificial.
Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Let's see someone jump in a Tesla and do the Cannonball Challenge at a competitive time. Then I'll pay attention to this conversation.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Let's see someone jump in a Tesla and do the Cannonball Challenge at a competitive time. Then I'll pay attention to this conversation.
Well then, this conversation is not for you. We’re talking about short range straight line speed In this thread. There are plenty of other EV vs. ICE threads here for you to join. :giggle: :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's exactly the feeling I had driving my friends Mach-E GT. There was just no sensation of speed (and there was plenty of that). It felt artificial.
That’s a great way to describe it. I’ve driven both a Tesla Model 3 Performance and the Mach E GT and while they are fast its almost a numb-like sensation. I think it’s from the lack of sound because I feel the speed of my GT. Multiple sensations creating a feeling maybe?

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a mach e GT for about 3 weeks. Not a fan. Couldn't get past how hideous it was. It was okay speed wise until about 70 and from there, it fell in its face.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Ev ford department is lacking… i was balls deep into buying an e-transit for my company until i saw the high roof version will give you 100 miles range when fully charged… that’s a joke, i can drive more than that on a single day…

i think there’s a story going around about a lightning doing only 65 miles because the guy was trying to tow his boat…

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ev ford department is lacking… i was balls deep into buying an e-transit for my company until i saw the high roof version will give you 100 miles range when fully charged… that’s a joke, i can drive more than that on a single day…

i think there’s a story going around about a lightning doing only 65 miles because the guy was trying to tow his boat…
Ev's can't tow for shit unfortunately. Well, scratch that. They tow amazingly well until they run out of battery, lol. Gas and diesel engines also suffer huge efficiency penalties towing (from aero drag mostly), but at least you can fuel those up quickly. There are ways to make EV towing much less murder on the battery, like driving 55 for example. But in general it's just not their Forte. They're great for mobbing around town though.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

Every non EV company is lacking. Those fancy 6 figure Porsche/Audi performance EVs are rated at 200 miles fully charged. Keep in mind a lot of these new electric cars you are not suppose to even charge to 100%.

Darthy Jo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1986 Panther Kallista
Tons of Teslas around where I live. Had this happen to me the other day. Middle aged lady and passenger tore off the line in their 'S' from a light and I did not. They slowed down and tried on a shit-eating grin, to which I offered a stroking hand motion with release in their direction with a chuckle and head shake.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have my plaid set to charge at my house from 11pm-6am, only costs 6 cents a kilowatt between those hours. Believe its around 100 kilowatt battery. Range is 350 miles or so, which isn't accurate with how I drive it. Also, come winter, I'm guessing range will be cut way down with cold weather. Full charge will probably drop down to 2xx miles or so. Tesla does have their superchargers that charge incredibly quick but that comes with a cost of 60 cents or so per KW. So far I think the lowest I got it down to in a day is around 40% charge left. Plug it in when I park it at night and it's back to 90% by morning. Usually plug in 2-3 times a week depending how much I drive.

The car does have fell self driving capability which is decent but I usually get impatient with how safe/slow it drives so deactivate and drive myself. It is nice for the early morning rides to work though.

Any questions related to EV/Tesla, feel free to ask. I still love mustangs/muscle cars though. Hope to grab another come spring.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Good thread. I think I would love the Tesla, because you can do one foot driving. I get so tired in traffic having to switch back and forth between gas and brake. /sarcasm

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have my plaid set to charge at my house from 11pm-6am, only costs 6 cents a kilowatt between those hours. Believe its around 100 kilowatt battery. Range is 350 miles or so, which isn't accurate with how I drive it. Also, come winter, I'm guessing range will be cut way down with cold weather. Full charge will probably drop down to 2xx miles or so. Tesla does have their superchargers that charge incredibly quick but that comes with a cost of 60 cents or so per KW. So far I think the lowest I got it down to in a day is around 40% charge left. Plug it in when I park it at night and it's back to 90% by morning. Usually plug in 2-3 times a week depending how much I drive.

The car does have fell self driving capability which is decent but I usually get impatient with how safe/slow it drives so deactivate and drive myself. It is nice for the early morning rides to work though.

Any questions related to EV/Tesla, feel free to ask. I still love mustangs/muscle cars though. Hope to grab another come spring.
Would you agree it's hard to beat an EV for regular around town driving? They do pretty much everything well if you can charge at home.

My only complaint about EV's as a whole is the clinical feel, the lack of sound, and the lack of interaction. One pedal driving is nice and all, but you feel so much more like a passenger. A rowdy stick shift car is a great way to spice up the daily commute....

Of course having 1000HP on tap probably has plenty of spice in itself when you want it, lol.
Sponsored