Sponsored

Tesla Model 3 vs Mustang Ecoboost and GT

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have one on order to replace my current EV once the lease is up. They make great DDs for those who commute. I wouldn't keep one as my only car for sure

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys feel about it's acceleration ? I mean Tesla is showing that these electric cars have some serious advantages towards acceleration. Even in a base car going 0-60 under 6 secs (granted you will run out of battery after 3 pulls).

Over here wanting a bit more power in your car and a sub 6 sec 0-60 means you need to pay some serious tax penalty's. If you can get a car like the Tesla model 3 for much cheaper with some extra tax benefits what would be the reason for let's say a Golf GTI ?

How do you guys feel about this ? Electric will be the new muscle car ? can never beat the sound ofc, but would that matter with 3-4 sec 0-60's on a budget in a few years :p

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What do you guys feel about it's acceleration ? I mean Tesla is showing that these electric cars have some serious advantages towards acceleration. Even in a base car going 0-60 under 6 secs (granted you will run out of battery after 3 pulls).

Over here wanting a bit more power in your car and a sub 6 sec 0-60 means you need to pay some serious tax penalty's. If you can get a car like the Tesla model 3 for much cheaper with some extra tax benefits what would be the reason for let's say a Golf GTI ?

How do you guys feel about this ? Electric will be the new muscle car ? can never beat the sound ofc, but would that matter with 3-4 sec 0-60's on a budget in a few years :p
If I were willing to sacrifice everything I love about my current car for raw acceleration I would buy a crotch rocket, not a Tesla. I think they are roughly equal as far as practicality right now.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have one on order to replace my current EV once the lease is up. They make great DDs for those who commute. I wouldn't keep one as my only car for sure
I hope it's a long lease

I don't see Tesla being able to produce anywhere near the 188K pre-orders before the decade is up.

For an example of how that wait list will be just look at the UK section of this forum and that is a conventional car, made by one of the worlds largest automakers.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I hope it's a long lease

I don't see Tesla being able to produce anywhere near the 188K pre-orders before the decade is up.

For an example of how that wait list will be just look at the UK section of this forum and that is a conventional car, made by one of the worlds largest automakers.
Its up in 2 years. The current tesla factory isnt even close to capacity and they pushed out 50k units in 2015. I'd like to think im in that first 100k or so of orders, so it might be close. We will see if they are plagued by the same issues with the Model X release or not, but i'd like to think they are learning as they go.

As for the 0-60 times, under 6 seconds is plenty fast for an everyday car. In my current EV with at listed 8.8 seconds, its damn quick around town. 0-25 is almost instant and its the 25-60 that takes most of that time. And it does it without any fuss, I'm buss lengths ahead of nearly everyone at lights in normal driving.

If you are doing WOT 0-60 runs in a car with a standard ICE, you are going to attract a ton of attention and burn a lot of fuel.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Tesla has been 2-4 quarters behind with the Model S and X, so I'd be surprised if anyone gets a car in 2017. Most of those 276k orders will probably be delivered in 2019 and beyond. Amazing how many people pretty much gave them free money for 3+ years.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Tesla has been 2-4 quarters behind with the Model S and X, so I'd be surprised if anyone gets a car in 2017. Most of those 276k orders will probably be delivered in 2019 and beyond. Amazing how many people pretty much gave them free money for 3+ years.
Got to hand it to Musk; what a great CON. Dude just took in 3 Billion $$$ interest free. :cheers:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Its only $1000 and worth it to get one early enough to get the $7500 federal tax credit. I imagine a large majority of those 250k+ preorders wont convert to sales as well.

Got to hand it to Musk; what a great CON. Dude just took in 3 Billion $$$ interest free. :cheers:
You might want to check your math before insulting others, just saying :cheers:

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
:doh:

Yes, only 300 MILLION :headbonk:

No insult. Just a dumb thread in a Mustang forum. Thinking that Federal Tax credit will be DOA post Obama.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are doing WOT 0-60 runs in a car with a standard ICE, you are going to attract a ton of attention and burn a lot of fuel.
I do WOT 0 - speed limit or so runs all the time and I'm getting over 19 mpg. Excellent. I don't think I have a standard ICE and that does attract additional attention. Mostly good attention, though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

It's awesome! Whether or not your typical driver will make use of it is a different story :lol:

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Tesla has revelaed their model 3 last night and after goverment incentives the price goes down from $35,000 to $28,000 range for the base model. According to Tesla the car will have 216 mile range and can do 0-60 under six seconds for the base model rwd version.

In the near future the car might come in with an awd and D versions with Ludicrious Mode which can do 0-60 mph under maybe 4 seconds! The car will also have autopilot (i know its stupid) as an option as well. What do you guys think?
No real Mustang person is going to buy this piece of crap.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Model 3 will replace my GT, if everything works out.

It'll be quicker anywhere under 100 and handle just as well. Range doesn't bother me, I get <250 miles per tank already (and I fill up weekly at most) and superchargers will handle anything outside my 15 mile commute just fine. Not having to worry about the cost of gas when planting my foot will just be a side bonus.

I'll do a 3-4 year lease and upgrade to v2 when it comes out too.
Sponsored