Sponsored

GT vs Tesla

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I had a Tesla pull up beside me and try to play with me today on the 'deserted' highway stretch so I goosed it just for grins. I was surprised that I kept pulling away from him (by bus lengths by the time I let off) especially since I started in a gear higher and shifted earlier than I would have if I would have actually "raced".

He caught up to me a mile down the road and I rolled down my window to talk but he just forced a smile and a quick wave and turned off the road at the next chance he got.

I believe it was a model 3. Could have been an S? I don't know hardly anything about their models.

My GT is a 2015 6m with an 18 manifold, K&N, and a lund tune on base 3.31 gears.
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Even if it were a Model S, ya win by virtue of being a Mustang

Douchella’s are soulless toasters on wheels that only sell themselves on how fast they accelerate at full charge. Take that same Douchella at a lesser charge and the numbers wont match the magazine listing. Same token, a Mustang would get faster as theres less weight and you’d be fine if ya burned through the last 10 miles as long as you gotta jerrycan

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Yeah, probably a base model 3 or really old model s… the model 3 performance will be quicker than you…. And any S model 90p and up will be quicker too…

i saw a plaid accelerating next to me (i was in my truck) and that shit it’s mind blowing fast

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don`t even bother racing Teslas, although I have mess around with a few before.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I like to rev a bit next to a Tesla just to remind them what a good old V8 sounds like. And that I’m doing my part using that good dinosaur juice 😁

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I like to rev a bit next to a Tesla just to remind them what a good old V8 sounds like. And that I’m doing my part using that good dinosaur juice 😁
The best part about is that they literally have to sit there and take it also.

OP
OP

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
A Dual Motor Model 3 Performance would wipe the floor with you (at least until about 100), so it was probably just a regular single motor model.
It probably was a base model. I didn't let out until ~150 mph and he was falling further behind. I would like to test drive one of those Plaids though.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The best part about is that they literally have to sit there and take it also.
LOL yep. Best they can do is fart mode, which my kids think is hilarious

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
this guy at a car meet saturday was telling me tesla is making the cars sound like whatever you want on the outside now. my question to him was "so is it not a ricer thing if its a OEM feature?"

homie was convinced they're taking over and the oil companies are going to just bow out.

i stand by the quick not fast thing though. imagine endurance racing with electric cars. would they just spend half the time charging? :D
Sponsored