Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
what loans are you are you talking? tesla is worth a stupid amount of money
They aren't going to bury those deposits in the back yard. When you get money from people and don't give them anything for it for a long time, its a lot like a loan.
Sponsored

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
They aren't going to bury those deposits in the back yard. When you get money from people and don't give them anything for it for a long time, its a lot like a loan.
now i get what he was saying. went right over my head haha. id be surprised at 2-3 years though. its also going to be well north of 100 million

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I can guarantee the model 3 will be about 50k once most people option it out to have some decent features. The Model S starts at around 75k and the average configuration price is about 105k apparently.

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not here nor there, but there's a huge untapped market (I *think*) for modifying EV cars that I find interesting.. I'll always be an internal combustion guy (I'm so old, I remember the first one) but a DC motor has an wild amount of torque...but no sound...:-(

[ame]

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Tax incentive will run dry by the time the Model 3 runs out... So starting at $35k base with range of 200 miles. It's not bad, but not impressive either. I'm guessing fully loaded model will be around $45-50? Not very impressed with the interior either.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would much prefer electric. BUT I wouldn't own a car that uses existing batteries or uses existing charging methods.
I personally love the noise an ICE makes and I hope I will always be able to drive something powered by explosions.

Electric seems quiet and sterile to me. I agree that battery and charging technologies are the current biggest barriers that make electrics poorer performers than gasoline powered vehicles.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
I can guarantee the model 3 will be about 50k once most people option it out to have some decent features. The Model S starts at around 75k and the average configuration price is about 105k apparently.
Just about every single vehicle being sold today can be optioned to be a good portion of money more than the advertised price. Why would tesla be any different?

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hackers love cars like this
Right, the concern with Electric Vehicle hacking is at vehicle charging stations where they (hackers) can potentially gain access by a physical entry point.
Similar was the way those computer geeks were able to demostrate it on a gas vehicle for 60 minutes, first to physically gain access through the cars ODB port and then remotely mess with the car. Not to unlike loading "On Star" type software l would think.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just about every single vehicle being sold today can be optioned to be a good portion of money more than the advertised price. Why would tesla be any different?
I think it's going to be like BMW, if you configure one with 0 options on the website it can actually come in, not cheap but almost reasonable if you ignore the fact that all you have is a steering wheel and a dash.

I don't think a single one will ever roll of the production line without a minimum of $5k extras.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Someday my kids will be driving stuff like this, and that's cool because by then the technology will be much better and wide-spread. I'll be driving V8s until I die though... or maybe turbocharged V6's... or whatever Ford comes up with next for the GT.:thumbsup:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is no doubt that electric cars are going to be fast as hell but I don't think I will ever be able to cope with not having a rumbling engine and exhaust noise. Electric vehicles are for Prius owners, non-car people, and kids born in the mid to late 90s and later.

Sub-Moa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the environmental impact of these lithium ion batteries. Most if not all of the saving you do on the environment is gone when the vehicles battery has be be disposed of.

I'm all for not giving my money to the Saudi's but this is not the best long term solution the world is looking for.

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-
Neighbor has the S optioned to 105k. Agreed the 3 will option to 50k. The S drives nice and is extremely silent in the cab and high tech with the monster flat screen. Very high tech, the car parks itself in his garage from the key fob.
198,000 deposits taken as of yesterday. We'll see if Tesla can ramp up production to those #s.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
No different than the members on this forum buying GT premiums for $40k+ when you can get a base for much cheaper. I'm not even sure why this topic exists...

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
No different than the members on this forum buying GT premiums for $40k+ when you can get a base for much cheaper. I'm not even sure why this topic exists...
It exist because unlike Segway, Tesla's are even able to accelerate faster than a Ferrari, Bugatti or other exotic cars. These cars produce immense torque at the wheels with electric motors which makes them pretty fast. They also get decent range with full charge.

For example a Tesla S P90D model is able to do 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds quarter mile in 10.8 seconds. According to Tesla the base model 3 can hit 60 mph less than 6 seconds, now imagine a Model 3 with Ludicrous Mode hitting 60 mph in around 3.5 sec range and quarter mile in low 11's! That is why this thread exists! Technology vs Pure American Muscle! Future vs Present! God vs Knight! Upps sorry that was from a different movie:lol:
Sponsored

Last edited: