Sponsored

GT vs Elantra

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Red light. My GT and Elantra stay next to each other at the red light. Once it turns green we will start moving straight onto a long straight two lane freeway entrance ramp that merges into a single lane right before merging into freeway.

I was not in a racing mood, but for some reason felt I had to be first by the merge as I did not want to get stuck behind a slow car.

Ready, set, go! Elantra gets going right away. I was ready for that. First gear, clutch, gas, everything is done right, like in a launch mode. We accelerate bumper to bumper, yard by yard. Very fair competition. I feel like it will be tough to get in front of him.

Front wheel drive, all season tires, four cylinder engine against a torque sweet V8... In a cold wet morning weather on a cold summer Pirelli Pzeros. Rears were spinning effortlessly easy, I bet even Elantra's engine was enough to spin them that time, the only reason I was moving forward at all was rear diff lsd. I was modulating with gas trying to get any traction at all and gradually started getting some. I won that contest but it probably looked like my car had maybe 5-10 hp advantage over Elantra.

Go figure....
Sponsored