GT or EB

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. New or used. I’ve never paid any where close to MSRP or any where near asking price for a used vehicle. You just have to have the balls to offer low and be willing to walk away. If your going to mod your car you’ll depth charge resale value because most people are afraid of modded cars. Even if you do find the right buyer you’ll get pennies on the the dollar for the mods. I’ve never understood guys that will spend 100k building a car to turn and try to sell it at auction and either don’t meet reserve or lose their ass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
So nickZ which one are you getting? The suspense is killing me. If you wait for these ding dongs to stop fighting about which is better you may never own a Mustang!
I think my mind is pretty much set on an A10 GT (I do want to own a v8 b4 it's gone into history,) but after the GT still looking forward for a 2nd hand EB manual (that will be wait and see...)
LOL, probably not, I'm crushed on mustang man, EB or GT, but they've successfully made me want badly for a GT...(considering the current trend of EVs)

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You won't regret going the GT route. I wish I had done this much research before I bought my EB and then had to trade up to the GT. As I said before, that GT sound is addictive.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
If I were shopping for a Mustang today, I'd figure out the highest monthly payment I could afford, and start putting it in a savings account to buy a New Mach I.

Oh, Yeah.

Might just do that anyway.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Jay Leno had an interesting comment about the EB vs GT in his 2015 GT350 video.. he actually liked the EB more than the GT. Get what suits your budget and list for now.. you can always upgrade later...
That's because he has many, many other cars to choose from to drive if he wants a good V8 sound or to drive a very powerful car. Most people don't have that luxury.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Did I ever deny it? Most Ford smaller cube NA V-8 5.0, 5.2, 289's, 302's sound raspy at full boogey, to me anyways. If I wanted a potato-potato-potato idle I'd get a 460 and slap a 661 cam it in with 12:1 cr.

Anyways, does mine sound RASPY?
Well, that audio quality in that video isn't doing your car any favors, that's for sure.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

TrinityFL_Eco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I totally went to the dealership for a 4 cylinder turbo Mustang. Def would do it again. Been fun.
U will get hated on from GT owners on a regular.... all good, love the car. And it is fast enough and I don't get dusted by GT on back roads, they pull a little on a straight but I am not FBO yet.
Screenshot_20200516-235943_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I totally went to the dealership for a 4 cylinder turbo Mustang. Def would do it again. Been fun.
U will get but hated on from GT owners on a regular.... all good, love the car. And it is fast enough and I don't get dusted by GT on back roads, they pull a little on a straight but I am not FBO yet.
what does FBO mean actually?

Sponsored

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Drive both see what you like. I already knew I was getting a GT, but just for sh*ts and giggles I test drove a eb mustang. I'm no stranger to the eb lineup, my F150 is an eb and I love it, but I just couldn't like the eb mustang..the sound was just like nails on a chalk board. In the back of my head I still hear my dad.."did you get the grocery getter, or the panty dropper." he still bust my balls over my F150 and the saying doesn't really apply anymore because I'm married, but still makes me laugh. If the eb mustang is enough car for you then great, have at it. Different strokes for different folks, just don't make the mistake of settling and wishing you had taken a different route!

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
U will get hated on from GT owners on a regular.... all good, love the car. And it is fast enough and I don't get dusted by GT on back roads, they pull a little on a straight but I am not FBO yet.
Compare these 2 videos show the EB handles the twisty stuff a lot better than the GT.
An Australian car magazine review, Same professional driver, same day, same track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10smklC1EgU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvs_IrtlHMk

This EB can take the corners at a quicker speed than this GT, the GT gets to much higher speeds on the straight stuff.
Granted this track has more twisty bits than straight bits.

the GT(auto) appears to go into limp mode coming out of the last corner, but even at that stage the EB was near to 3 seconds up on the GT for lap time.

Pros and cons for me, GT sounds better, EB is cheaper on costs for ownership.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Compare these 2 videos show the EB handles the twisty stuff a lot better than the GT.
An Australian car magazine review, Same professional driver, same day, same track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10smklC1EgU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvs_IrtlHMk

This EB can take the corners at a quicker speed than this GT, the GT gets to much higher speeds on the straight stuff.
Granted this track has more twisty bits than straight bits.

the GT(auto) appears to go into limp mode coming out of the last corner, but even at that stage the EB was near to 3 seconds up on the GT for lap time.

Pros and cons for me, GT sounds better, EB is cheaper on costs for ownership.
Yeah this is what I dont get, I know the EB has better weight balance than the GT, but its the same chassis and has the same grip level. I feel like the GT should be able to hold the same lines and lateral G's even if it's less confidence inspiring. In most of these tests the driver may be good but they rarely get a ton of seat time to learn each car's nuance.

Being easier to wring out and drive fast is still an advantage of the EB, but I just don't see how it can be objectively faster in that metric.
Sponsored