Sponsored

EB or GT?

JBinSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending acquisition. . . .
I'm sure this debate has been beaten to death, but the Search function didn't give me much info.

I'm debating between a convertible EB or GT MT premium. There's no denying that V8 growl is intoxication, and a blast to drive, but I'm also thinking it might kill me and/or suspend my license.

I currently have a rental EB Premium in A8, and its decently powerful. I drove the EB MT and the GT MT today, and they both were great drives, although obviously the GT had the "wow" factor.

I used to race liter bikes, but then dropped down to small Ninja 300's after realizing its more fun to ride a slow bike fast, instead of a fast bike slow. Since I don't plan on tracking the 'stang, (at least now), I'm trying to convince myself the EB is "enough", but also realize I'll probably have buyer's remorse with whatever decision I make.

If you've been through the same internal debate, which way did you go, and are you happy with your decision?

Thanx,
Joel
Sponsored

Back in the Saddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
From one Joel to another, get the GT. You get used to the power so no worries in killing yourself unless you do something really retarded. If you can swing it, get the GT. If you cant, save up until you can. Its worth the difference.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
If you had to make this thread to ask, I'd go with the gt. You don't want to get the ecoboost and be like "I should of got the v8." You'll probably end up regretting it like I did. I got a 2016 mustang v6 which was an amazing car but I wanted the gt so I traded it in for the 2016 5.0 soon after. Either way, they're both amazing cars.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
With any of the trims you will have a possibility of hurting yourself and getting in trouble. These are powerful RWD cars so spinning out is a possibility.

But if you have to ask, get the GT.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Not many people have traded GT for an EB, but lots have traded EBs for GTs.

Just do a search.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
If you can swing it, get the GT.The GT is more reliable, has more potential and better resale value.If you must have manual, pp is a must IMO.

The GT has decent power stock. The ecoboost needs a tune at least to feel adequate but still slower than a stock GT.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'd get the GT. I bought a V6 Mustang years ago and instantly regretted it, granted the EB is more powerful than the V6 I had, but the GT is still the way to go IMO. I daily drive mine, it's easy to drive it slow, though tempting to get on the gas. The sound is an added bonus on the GT and the Coyote 5.0 is a really great engine. As far as speeding tickets, you can get them with either car, they both have power and stand out on the road.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
If you search through the forums you will come across many posts regarding this topic. You will also find many posts from people that traded in their EB for a GT. What you will not find are GT owners trading in for an EB (at least I haven't seen them). There have been quite a few people here with buyers remorse because they did not get the GT but not the other way around. I am not saying that the EB is a bad car but unless you mod it it falls short.

I've had my GT for six months now and absolutely love it. A couple weeks ago I had a work related trip and rented an EB for a week just to check it out. After putting 1000 miles on it in that week I had determined that my choice to purchase the GT what is the correct choice.

Although the car looked the same inside and out it just fell short in the engine and noise department. Punching the gas from a stop was very disappointing and so was punching the gas when cruising at expressway speeds. I will admit when the turbo kicks in it can push you back into the seat however it is very inconsistent.

Of course this is only my opinion, however I did have it for longer than just a short test drive which most people use as their comparison.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Can you afford a GT? EB is a lot cheaper.:shrug:

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Economics would be the only reason I could think to go EB, unless 4 cyl turbo cars are your thing. The EB can certainly be modified to make huge power but it will never sound like a V8 and will be a high-strung motor 1 missed-shift from detonation. I'd check insurance rates too....I wouldn't be surprised if the EB is more than a V8. Insurance companies dislike the word "turbo".......

Last edited:
OP
OP

JBinSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending acquisition. . . .
Lol, yeah, I expected these responses. When I see a 'Stang, I tend to roll down my window to see if I can hear the V8 growl. . .

And then the suspension mods, sigh. . . Need to develop my "its only money" speech to the wifey, who is not on board. . . .

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Lol, yeah, I expected these responses. When I see a 'Stang, I tend to roll down my window to see if I can hear the V8 growl. . .

And then the suspension mods, sigh. . . Need to develop my "its only money" speech to the wifey, who is not on board. . . .
Buy it, then ask for forgiveness. :D