GT or EB

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Is it because the 2018 and 2020 difference? How come I feel like the GT base actually drives better than my eco base?
Or I'm already enchanted by the magic of V8? lol
Between the 18 and 20 there isnt that many difference unless you go from EB to 5.0. On the 5.0 the chassis and suspension might be dialed differently. Ever since I got this car I barely turn on the radio
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you plan on doing with the exhaust. I seen many sick exhaust mods while keeping the Active Exhaust mufflers. I love my active exhaust and MagneRide.
I see, well anyway, going for the pp might need more $$...
I'm perfectly satisfied!
Any tips for GT ownership can share? Thanks!

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Between the 18 and 20 there isnt that many difference unless you go from EB to 5.0. On the 5.0 the chassis and suspension might be dialed differently. Ever since I got this car I barely turn on the ready!
Yeah, GT drives "smaller" than the EB for some reason...
An 8 cylinder drives more nimble than a 4 banger,,, haha

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Call her Blue Dire.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is it because the 2018 and 2020 difference? How come I feel like the GT base actually drives better than my eco base?
Or I'm already enchanted by the magic of V8? lol
First of all, congrats on the awesome upgrade. I really like Velocity blue, it pops for sure. Secondly, the 18+ Base GT received quite a few little changes and upgrades it would seem, for one the stock dampers aren't as garbage. You also have much larger brakes as standard. For your first upgrade I recommend some better tires, and throw the PP bracing kit on there to help the front end feel a little bit nicer.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
And then you woke up and had tho change the sheets. Congratulations on your new Mustang, that's a great color and it really shines up nice. Here is my advice, don't drive that "nimble" GT like the not so nimble EB or you will be posting pics of the nimbe GT in a ditch.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
on what planet? My EB is considerably more nimble than my GT.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
on what planet? My EB is considerably more nimble than my GT.
But is it really required on the street? Where can you drive to show off that "nimbleness", without really pissing others off
(and having someone call you in on a cell phone). I mean it feels cool and all, but is it getting you around, even a nice long cloverleaf
tight offramp, any faster than the guy who stuffed 305's all the way around on a base GT? Not really.
Same with 600+ HP, pretty useless if you want to keep your lisc on the street............

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But is it really required on the street? Where can you drive to show off that "nimbleness", without really pissing others off
It's quite obvious on any tight, curvy road taken at even moderate speeds. There's a network of roads I drive (2 lane, no shoulder/gully, trees so close you can touch them) where the nominal speed limit is 25-30mph which I can drive at 55 in either car but the EB handles it with aplomb. The GT is stable and hooked up as well, but when tossing left and right the EB nimbleness is evident. On one of my other circuits I can dive bomb into a particular set of 180deg arcs at the same entry speed but the EB is more willing to turn than the V8.

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, congrats on the awesome upgrade. I really like Velocity blue, it pops for sure. Secondly, the 18+ Base GT received quite a few little changes and upgrades it would seem, for one the stock dampers aren't as garbage. You also have much larger brakes as standard. For your first upgrade I recommend some better tires, and throw the PP bracing kit on there to help the front end feel a little bit nicer.
Thanks man, i was looking at the bracing kit, do you suppose the cowl extender worth it?

OP
OP
NickZ

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's quite obvious on any tight, curvy road taken at even moderate speeds. There's a network of roads I drive (2 lane, no shoulder/gully, trees so close you can touch them) where the nominal speed limit is 25-30mph which I can drive at 55 in either car but the EB handles it with aplomb. The GT is stable and hooked up as well, but when tossing left and right the EB nimbleness is evident. On one of my other circuits I can dive bomb into a particular set of 180deg arcs at the same entry speed but the EB is more willing to turn than the V8.
I might change my comment about this a while later, but I think Bikeman315 is kinda right...lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My EB is base model by the way... That might be the difference?
perhaps. But even back when neither car had any wheel/tire/suspension upgrades the EB was more responsive. Currently the GT has the better suspension setup so it's considerably more planted than what it used to be. But 200lbs over the nose makes a clear (negative) difference.
Sponsored