Sponsored

GT / Diff Temp Sensor / No Oil Temp On Digi Dash ?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
No, go red and just turn the brightness down a little ... :like:

WD :like:
So, since you're no longer asking, is it safe to assume that you found differential temperature by scrolling down the gauge selection menu?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, since you're no longer asking, is it safe to assume that you found differential temperature by scrolling down the gauge selection menu?
Nope, I’ve found out I’m actually missing two data sets / gauges - engine oil pressure and diff oil temp.

I’m sure there must be a setting in ForSkin to activate the options.

There’s a few things for me to do here :

• Check another U.K. GT in my dealer (when it’s open again). If it’s got the options, show them and get them to turn mine on.

• I’m asking for a OBD link MX+ for Christmas off family. If the option isn’t on U.K. cars, find it myself and get them turned on.

I have found some codes that look hopeful - but they are on my PC so I can’t post them up for comment at the moment (I will do that tomorrow) :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No, go red and just turn the brightness down a little ... :like:
At the time I posted that I hadn't actually tried the red dash; I was just imagining that it must be a bit too hard on the eyes. So today I decided to give it a try. And I love it. :shock:
No need to turn the brightness down. It's perfect at normal brightness. :inlove:

There are a couple of issues, though.
First, that the dash now clashes with the blue Sync. Or should I say it the other way around - now Sync clashes with everything around it.
Second, that traditionally red is the colour used for signalling major problems, which must be addressed immediately (e.g. low oil pressure, battery not charging, handbrake not fully released, etc.). Having a fully red dash all the time might desensitize me, so I may no longer notice if a red warning lamp lights up.
I know, I'm overthinking it. I tend to do that... :blush:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is a grey sync screen theme - its on my list ... :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I tried that in my Mondeo. Didn't like it. I found it too flat and featureless.
Not to mention that it displayed the Lincoln logo at shutdown. You can change the startup splash screen with ForScan, but the shutdown one is embedded in the theme itself. And I'm not ready to give up on the pony splash screen, I like it too much.
But of course, that's a matter of taste. There's nothing wrong with it. You might like it.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we get all the pp1 spec minus the Torsen, 3.73 (we get 3.55) ....
Yeah, in addition to the different ratio, it's a TracLoc instead of a Torsen. I wonder if that's it? If it is, it seems counterintuitive - a friction pack TracLoc would seem more likely to be effected by temperature than a Torsen.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I knew about the omission of the Torsen - but I have one in the garage along with a 4:09 gear ... :like:

You know I think you might be right with your logic - I've looked back through the posts and info I have found useful on this topic and I don't think there is one person on a trac loc with the temp gauge activated, even though the UK cars get the sensor (and it will go into protection mode if it get too hot).

It would be great to know how to turn the gauge on though :like: and to do a before / after when the Torsen finally goes in :like:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Does your differential look like this? The temperature sensor provides the data. If you have this, then it's likely something Ford didn't enable.
DiffSENSOR.jpg

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does your differential look like this? The temperature sensor provides the data. If you have this, then it's likely something Ford didn't enable.
DiffSENSOR.jpg
Yeah I have that (but not the cooler pipes lol).

I know @Vlad Soare took a picture of his that showed he had it to but he’s also without the dash gauge (he’s also euro spec / trac loc).

I suspect the sensor must be there to trigger the limp mode only ?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
The European GTs look like this and I'm pretty sure that @WD Pro is right - the sensor on the EUs are for system safety and not for "entertainment" in the dashboard.

Don't pay attention to the brownish stuff... it is wax to rust proof and sound proof the car and not standard

2020-11-06-19-00-20.jpg

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, that's how mine looks, too.
Anyway, even if I had the diff temp displayed on the dashboard, I wouldn't know what to do with it. What I'd really like to have would be the engine oil temperature.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I'd really like to have would be the engine oil temperature.
Which is why the GT350 gauges are so nice.

FWIW, last night leaving the office, I was watching both the cylinder head temperature and the oil temperature. The cylinder head was at about 145F before the oil temperature started to move off the 100F minimum peg.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yeah I have that (but not the cooler pipes lol).

I know @Vlad Soare took a picture of his that showed he had it to but he’s also without the dash gauge (he’s also euro spec / trac loc).

I suspect the sensor must be there to trigger the limp mode only ?

Hi WD. I have the 18 AUS spec GT and after a coder had a play I got axle temp and engine oil pressure to appear. They both appear in the gauges option selector and show as gauges in the cluster. The axle temp works fine but the oil pressure does not budge so I suspect there is no sender for this info.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi WD. I have the 18 AUS spec GT and after a coder had a play I got axle temp and engine oil pressure to appear. They both appear in the gauges option selector and show as gauges in the cluster. The axle temp works fine but the oil pressure does not budge so I suspect there is no sender for this info.
This is great info thanks, it gives me hope ... lol :like:

Can you share the process ? Was it done via Forscan ?

Cheers,

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
This is great info thanks, it gives me hope ... lol :like:

Can you share the process ? Was it done via Forscan ?

Cheers,

I am unsure if he used Forscan at all but I know he was using HP Tuners gear. He would probably tell you seeing that you are over there and are no competition. https://www.facebook.com/customcarcodingau
Mitch is his name, just let him know Peter from Gold Coast put you onto him.
Sponsored