GT 350 R LONG TERM VALUE

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Doing some bench racing, what if the track setup was done and new tires ? Under 136?? and is the 2020 a little faster?? Ice station zebra (LS)can be quite windy as the left side of my face took a lot of sand “ ouch , going up the hill . So a non windy day ?
I can add that the information was provided by Ford representatives and their main test driver(s), who said that was not representative of the cars performance or reflected their own internal testing versus vehicles that they benchmarked the car against.
Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I can add that the information was provided by Ford representatives and their main test driver(s), who said that was not representative of the cars performance or reflected their own internal testing versus vehicles that they benchmarked the car against.
Sounds like they went faster but won’t disclose the Proprietary info ? Makes you wonder. It’s like taking a beautiful girl on a date and the fabulous dinner but she never gave you a kiss good night.?driver Billy Johnson maybe? I think he might disclose??

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht
It's always fun to see that those who speak with authority about the future value of a specific model...usually own that model, lol.
Speaking with authority usually doesn't include the words 'suggest' and 'likely' in the statement. Yes, I am terribly biased, but happy to be on this side of owning a 1/135 vehicle.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's always fun to see that those who speak with authority about the future value of a specific model...usually own that model, lol.
Many years ago I recall pretty much the same comments made towards myself with respect to purchasing the first two Pilot Production 2012 Boss 302 cars that were built back in 2010 and kept those two cars for a total of ~11 years cumulatively and some ~2,500 miles later.

Had a great time with those vehicles and on many occasions would take them up to their 7,500 RPM redline but would not go past 4th gear (~124 MPH) at redline and cannot say enough about the "U" code Coyote engine that Ford assembled at their Essex Engine Plant in Ontario.

Both cars sold to a great friend and a fellow Mustang enthusiast for fair market value based on their build significance.

I certainly can comprehend and appreciate the point that you are making but having said that I would rather take into consideration someone's view who has actually owned and experienced a specific model rather than comments coming from individuals (aside from yourself) who have never owned or never will own one of these unique vehicles which we both have seen happen numerous times before.

:)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Speaking with authority usually doesn't include the words 'suggest' and 'likely' in the statement. Yes, I am terribly biased, but happy to be on this side of owning a 1/135 vehicle.
It's still funny.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Many years ago I recall pretty much the same comments made towards myself with respect to purchasing the first two Pilot Production 2012 Boss 302 cars that were built back in 2010 and kept those two cars for a total of ~11 years cumulatively and some ~2,500 miles later.

Had a great time with those vehicles and on many occasions would take them up to their 7,500 RPM redline but would not go past 4th gear (~124 MPH) at redline and cannot say enough about the "U" code Coyote engine that Ford assembled at their Essex Engine Plant in Ontario.

Both cars sold to a great friend and a fellow Mustang enthusiast for fair market value based on their build significance.

I certainly can comprehend and appreciate the point that you are making but having said that I would rather take into consideration someone's view who has actually owned and experienced a specific model rather than comments coming from individuals (aside from yourself) who have never owned or never will own one of these unique vehicles which we both have seen happen numerous times before.

:)
You seem like your feelings are hurt...especially when you "kindly" lash out...it's unbecoming. I only said that it's funny to see how people talk up the values of the cars they own. I stand by that. Future value is not something I can argue about (you cant either) because it's....the future.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS - I own, I think, 1 of 5 car. Where do you draw the line? No stripes? Oh, a tire was mounted backwards from the factory (RARITY!). I think all of this is funny, the things we build ourselves up over...and some funnier than others...so there!

Don't mind me - just being philosophical for a moment...Does this stuff really matter, I guess is the question? :)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I would suggest that the future is likely to be fickle. 😉

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
A good article that everyone in this thread should read when considering future value and significance.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a23677671/ford-gt-vs-corvette-zr1-value/

“So what really matters in the long-run market, or the middle-run ownership experience, if it isn’t speed and power? Looking at auction results will give you a better sense than I can convey here in a few words, but: Beauty. Rarity. Daring design, first-ever features, aesthetics that perfectly represent the era in which the car was sold new (see: Tri-Five Chevrolet, 1977 Trans Am, 1986 Supra). Most of all, however, it’s that undefinable “specialness” that some cars have and others don’t. A Berlinetta Boxer is more special than a 930 Turbo, even to the Loofacult people. A new V6 Camry is faster in a straight line than a first-year-production Scion FR-S, but something tells me your classic-car budget is better spent on the latter. Specialness comes in many forms, but it’s primarily associated with being uniquely fit for enthusiastic purposes.”

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You seem like your feelings are hurt...especially when you "kindly" lash out...it's unbecoming. I only said that it's funny to see how people talk up the values of the cars they own. I stand by that. Future value is not something I can argue about (you cant either) because it's....the future.
No hurt feelings at all and actually somewhat surprised that you came to the conclusion that I was "lashing" out at you as that was certainly not my intent but simply just providing my own opinion.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone talking up the value of their own car but do see various members excited about owning a particular R model which is great to see.

I thought that I made it pretty clear and merely suggested that we take into consideration someone else's view especially if they own one of the vehicles in question.

Like you I have been around the Mustang hobby for quite some time therefore have come to my own conclusions with respect to short and long term values for various Mustang models and am very comfortable with my own assessments.

That being said I am confident that both my 2018 Base R and my 2020 HEP R will do just fine down the road with respect to future values and suggest that many other members on our forum will be in the very same position.

:wink:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As long as you feel good, that’s all that counts.

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht
Removed. Irrelevant.

Last edited:

Mike111777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 shelby signature series
So now the guy pulls the car from ebay after getting 150k with like 5 days left? Lol wow. Why not just let the damn thing play out at this point and see just how high it goes before taking it down? Even if the car gets bided to 10 million dollars you can still change your mind when it's over and decide..... nope #1's are worth more than that.

Next time put the car in a real auction bro and lets see how it does.
Don't worry it will be at a real auction next month. I pulled it from all the calls and offers. It will be at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale next month on Saturday, so then everyone can see what 001 brings in a no reserve auction!!

Mike111777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 shelby signature series
Any 001 R would have significant interest. Heck, I'd love to have it. It would be interesting what the market brings.
Everyone will be able to see next month what it brings with no reserve at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale next month. Thanks, Mike
Sponsored