Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Thanks for the information @PP0001
Good stuff.

I just saw this and thought I'd post it.
2015 R #15 is for sale, with a nice little asking price.
https://www.lothopper.com/Details?V...urce=Lothopper&AltLeadSource=CarstoryDeeplink
I think that is #15 of 37 Rs built in 2015. According to the listing anyway I don't see any photos of the dash plaque. Still being one of 37 for 2015 certainly places its value higher than LR001 in my book or any other 001 number other than 2015.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I think that is #15 of 37 Rs built in 2015. According to the listing anyway I don't see any photos of the dash plaque. Still being one of 37 for 2015 certainly places its value higher than LR001 in my book or any other 001 number other than 2015.
Yeah my bad, I thought it was 37 because of that price. Wasn't until after I posted that I saw that it was #15 in the description. I'm really curious how that dealer acquired it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The 2015 cars had the VIN and chassis plate ending in the same numbers therefore the chassis plate for this car should be "F0015" and of course coming without the R in the chassis number which was also unique compared to the following 5 MY's.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
My understanding from PP0001 is that the last HEP R will belong to the Ford family. If this one would be offered at auction it would be very entertaining to see what the hammer price would be. As this car will be most likely the last naturally aspirated , manual transmission , engine (Gasoline)specific Mustang produced from Ford.

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
What R's did Bill Ford keep? The very first and last 350Rs correct? That should say something right there.

What rubs me the wrong way is that the original owner traded the car in to a Porsche dealership that gave him 75K for it. A Ford dealer next got the car and had it for sale for 110K. Then the car is on Ebay with a buy it now of 350K? Everyone is just trying to make a buck I guess.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom, During the hunt for a" Base R" I came across HR001 at the southern Indiana Ford dealership. If memory is correct they wanted $71K for it. Several months passed & I would call every once in awhile. They would not come off of that price. So kept up the hunt till we purchased GR245. During a phone call with Harry I mentioned this car to him & he had a friend looking. That 17' Base R price could have been around $66/$67 ?

My point being that it sat there for months & months then it took a certain type of buyer to get the job done. Could have sat there to who knows when if that certain guy didn't show up.

Numbers certainly don't mean much to all buyers & agree that the end of model cars could be significant!
Yes Rex, I recall they were in the 70's. I don't know what it actually sold for, but assumed that it sold for asking price because then would not budge.

I agree. HR001 is the best comp for what it is.... A #1 chassis of a particular model year. LR001 isnt anything more rare or special. I don't get all the hype.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Great reading and certainly respect and appreciate all the different views and comments regarding the present and future values for the 6 year run of the 2nd generation GT350/R's.

Having said that I would like to provide some of my own thoughts and insight regarding the 6 year run for the 2nd generartion GT350 R when it comes to collectibilty and also present/future values and must reiterate that these are my opinions only so take them for what they are worth.

Of the ~3,650 R models built over the last 6 MY's I suggest that the 3 most valuable and collectible R models will be the following chassis numbers:

* PP001 - This Pilot Production R Model was built on Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 and came eqipped with the Electronics Package. It is interesting to note that the official paint code "G1" at the time was actually called "Absolute BlacK" and was then changed a short time later to "Shadow Black". Keep in mind that there were no Pilot Production 2015 GT350/R's built therefore this was the very first 2nd generation R built based on my undertanding and research.

* F0001 - This was the very first regular production R model and was assembled on Monday, July 13th, 2015 according to the records I have on file. All 37 R models were assembled that same day with this Oxford White with Black OTT vinyl stripes vehicle being built as a Base R model and 1 of 6 Base R models built for the 2015 MY.

* LR280 - (VIN L5552710) - The chassis number is just a guess on my part but the VIN is accurate and in any case I suggest that this vehicle was the very last 2020 R model built which is very significant. In addition to what makes this very last R model so significant is that it also comes equipped with Guardsman Blue Painted OTT stripes, Blue painted brake calipers and also understand that the Recaro seats have Blue inserts with Blue stitching therefore a 1 of 1.

With respect to all of the first assembled R models that were built for the 5 subsequent years namely GR001, HR001, JR001, KR001 and the two LR001 vehicles I suggest that they are certainly collectible and significant with the Blue Badged "LR001" being the most collectible of that group aside from the provenance that HR001 has which includes some very cool Ford ownership and also happens to be another Base R model just as Bill Ford spec'd out for F0001.

Another fact to keep in mind with respect to the final selling price for HR001 was the fact that this vehicle was sold as car number 3 and not car number let alone the dealership not knowing the history of this executive ordered, spec'd out and hand built vehicle in February 2016.

Had they known the correct information for this car I suggest that it would have sold for much more than ~$10,000 over MSRP.

Getting back to the RED chassis plate LR001 this is just my opinion but if bidding got to ~$150,000 and a serious offer was on the table I personally would be all over that offer.

As cool as it is to have the very first R model for the 2020 MY it certainly is a long ways from importance, collectibility and value when compared to the 3 R's that I mentioned earlier.

Having said that I wish the owner of LR001 (September car) nothing but the best and if he wants to discuss the virtues of going to auction with that car whether it be BJ or any other auction house I suggest that I might be able to provide some good insight.

Unless he has gone down this road before there is a great deal to consider before taking any car to auction and if he has already been there he will know exactly what I am talking about.

:like::like:

PP001-1.jpg

PP001.jpg

PP001-2.png
Harry as always your knowledge fills the gaps of knowns vs unknown. My journey on my Pilot Production GT350R built 5/26/15 took me to DST and the Manager Chad Hober . His working on what processes were done to build it as a Ford Show car . Latest is it went through diversified system technologies global systems to one of two companies; he implied Roush, mentioning possibly 500 hours to get it done . He had some contacts there and ask for pictures of the car and Vin to verify. As for values of firsts I’m compiling all this information to give to Hagerty so I can get it covered I still have no idea? I’m seeing Roush does paintwork for SEMA and some at concours D”’elegance . What an amazing history I’m uncovering. Always welcome your inputs

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry as always your knowledge fills the gaps of knowns vs unknown. My journey on my Pilot Production GT350R built 5/26/15 took me to DST and the Manager Chad Hober . His working on what processes were done to build it as a Ford Show car . Latest is it went through diversified system technologies global systems to one of two companies; he implied Roush, mentioning possibly 500 hours to get it done . He had some contacts there and ask for pictures of the car and Vin to verify. As for values of firsts I’m compiling all this information to give to Hagerty so I can get it covered I still have no idea? I’m seeing Roush does paintwork for SEMA and some at concours D”’elegance . What an amazing history I’m uncovering. Always welcome your inputs
Jim, you have a really cool and rare R model that obviously was built very early on and even before any of the 2015 GT350/R's which is an interesting story in itself.

I am not sure how much original paperwork that the new owners of DST have been able to locate for you regarding your car but certainly that is key.

When Bob Nagy was still with DST and the previous owners he was very helpful when it came to telephone conversations and emails which provided me some terrific background information on my 2012 Boss 302's namely PP0001 and PP0002.

Wishing you continued good luck on finding future information for your car and never say never when it comes to finding out additional new information on these cool Pre-Production cars!!

:clap: :clap:

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht
135 Base Model R's out of 3500 R's or so over 6 years of production. Base model R being the true track version. Only 135 of them. Kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it?

And, yes, I'm biased but those numbers don't lie.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
135 Base Model R's out of 3500 R's or so over 6 years of production. Base model R being the true track version. Only 135 of them. Kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it?

And, yes, I'm biased but those numbers don't lie.
Numbers are not always an indicator of value. To someone in a Museum the Base R may be worth a lot. To a racer or track focused person, they would appreciate the base R. Most drivers would not pay as much for one. The Base R is no more a track version then any other R. That's straight from Ford Engineers

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht
The Base R is no more a track version then any other R. That's straight from Ford Engineers
That's right, they deleted the A/C and radio system for those that couldn't afford them. Had nothing to do with reducing weight and thus improving performance at the track. Those Ford Engineers can be quite noble.

Last edited:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
That's right, they deleted the A/C and radio system for those that couldn't afford them. Had nothing to do with reducing weight and thus improving performance at the track. Those Ford Engineers can be quite noble.
How much weight is actually shaved from not having a radio and A/C? I mean it has to make some difference for someone that hardcore tracks the car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With respect to the present/future values of a Base R compared to an Electronics Package R I suggest that time will take care of that issue and it will be interesting to see where that all settles out when it comes to desirability and future values for either model?

Regarding a Base R model being no more of a track version than an Electronics Package equipped with Ford engineers confirming that scenario that is certainly a different understanding based on some of my conversations with certain Ford individuals.

There were very good reasons why FP went to great lengths to delete ~100# from a Base R and that was to make it the purest track version of the GT350R model otherwise why would they go to the extent of deleting items such as a radio, AC, floor mats, sound deadener, trunk trays, tire inflator kit, NAV, backup camera, etc. as it was certainly not based on reduced pricing.

When you have some key individuals within the Ford Motor Company including some of the Ford family along with key performance individuals such as Jamal Hameedi (Ford's Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer) who specifically ordered Base R's for their personal cars there was obviously a good reason for their decisions.

I remember an interview with one of the Ford family whereby discussions were centered around the R model and distinctly remember that person saying that his choice would be a stripped down Base R model as it was the purist form of the GT350 that Ford had ever produced up to that point therefore that was the car for him.

:clap:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Ah, sarcasm at it worst. You can direct that at those who made the comment. The Ford Engineers.

Now my comments. Weight reduction is always a good thing. Especially on the front end of the car. Will that weight make you faster? Maybe if your a pro like Billy Johnson. That was the Ford engineers point. Its all the driver unless you have a huge weight savings. The 19 owners have a better brake calibration. The 20 owners have that and revised steering. Tell me again which is the most track capable R. Not trying to be argumentative but, 20 owners will say they have the fastest R out there. Opinions
Sponsored