1993 Coyote Coupe

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's not like it's a wrapper with delivery miles either.
I'm very interested though... It's still my opinion that this creates a market for a car where only the first (or second, lol) person to sell it really makes any money...and then the car trades for who knows how much but it never driven. Really, for the most part it turns it into a baseball card or other just-look-at-it collectible...which hey, more power to ya, I guess!

Good luck with the sale!

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Nobody should be expecting to make money off these cars or any car for that matter, as the number of years it will take to significantly appreciate is well beyond most of our life spans out here. To have a car that depreciates less and holds more of its value is just a bonus to owning a 350/350R, making money at a level above what price we paid for the cars is unrealistic.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nobody should be expecting to make money off these cars or any car for that matter, as the number of years it will take to significantly appreciate is well beyond most of our life spans out here. To have a car that depreciates less and holds more of its value is just a bonus to owning a 350/350R, making money at a level above what price we paid for the cars is unrealistic.
Uhhh... well.... while I think this is all an example of marketing....and I agree that what you say is the norm of things... I would be a hypocrite if I didn't mention my own previously stated opinion which is - none of us know any of that to be 100% true but we can base our opinions from previous examples. The car could bring some money...should it? I guess it goes down to what two people agree that something is worth. Will it set a precedence for specific numbers 350Rs? Will it boost other 350R values? We don't really know. It could be a one hit wonder and whoever gets it at auction will either own forever or sell at a huge loss (which happens a lot).

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
A car like this may bring up the value of all examples but its unlikely. Unless it has a historical value, the effect would be very limited in my opinion. I dont think that car exists today. Long term value for the R will be good. That does not say you will be making money when you sell it. Those are two different circumstances. The Bullitt Mustang, Ken Miles Competition GT350, those are truly outstanding extremely rare cars. any 001 modern day GT350 will fetch a bit more money, But you are not sitting on the next Bullitt mustang, The GT350R will retain value. Maybe 50 years in the future it will be valuable but hell, most of us will be long gone

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
A car like this may bring up the value of all examples but its unlikely. Unless it has a historical value, the effect would be very limited in my opinion. I dont think that car exists today. Long term value for the R will be good. That does not say you will be making money when you sell it. Those are two different circumstances. The Bullitt Mustang, Ken Miles Competition GT350, those are truly outstanding extremely rare cars. any 001 modern day GT350 will fetch a bit more money, But you are not sitting on the next Bullitt mustang, The GT350R will retain value. Maybe 50 years in the future it will be valuable but hell, most of us will be long gone
I agree that we can't expect values to skyrocket but what I do think is interesting is the press Ford put out recently to be all electric in Europe by 2030. If that truly happens then I think these cars might rise faster than we think. The R models (especially the heritage) will be 100K+ in the next 7-10 years if that happens and the D.C. green policies stay in place. Especially if the government makes a huge infrastructure investment in Electric Charging Stations as you can't expect the average American family to buy an EV as their only car if they travel often. Personally, this only makes me want to snatch up an original 67-69 in the next few years as they will be the first to spike.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I agree that we can't expect values to skyrocket but what I do think is interesting is the press Ford put out recently to be all electric in Europe by 2030. If that truly happens then I think these cars might rise faster than we think. The R models (especially the heritage) will be 100K+ in the next 7-10 years if that happens and the D.C. green policies stay in place. Especially if the government makes a huge infrastructure investment in Electric Charging Stations as you can't expect the average American family to buy an EV as their only car if they travel often. Personally, this only makes me want to snatch up an original 67-69 in the next few years as they will be the first to spike.
It's always fun to see that those who speak with authority about the future value of a specific model...usually own that model, lol.
:Looks left to see what car poster owns: :squints painfully:

Last edited:

Sponsored

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
:Looks left to see what car poster owns: :squints painfully:
First isn't this a 350 forum in a thread talking about opinions on R long term value? I doubt anyone but GT350 owners care or want to discuss their own thoughts. Plus, didn't I say the classics will be the first to be affected and that's a car that I would love to have?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
First isn't this a 350 forum in a thread talking about opinions on R long term value? I doubt anyone but GT350 owners care or want to discuss their own thoughts. Plus, didn't I say the classics will be the first to be affected and that's a car that I would love to have?
it’s just something I noticed - I think it’s universal though. The funny part is how many people do this and maybe don’t realize it. I’m with ya - let’s let them all go up in value.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes 1 owner. I have my dealers license.
SO it's just like buying from the original owner? This is hilarious. I guess at an auction, it can be inferred that the dealer got it from the 1 owner? As an enthusiast, when I see "1 owner", it's synonymous with "original owner" - meaning I'm buying it from the guy who bought it. O well.