Getting low end from a centri ?

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I did my own version of the "Torque Booster" and saw gains in the midrange similar to what Beef saw. I have it setup with a 2 port solenoid and switch for a "Low" setting that nets around 8lbs and a "High" setting that nets ~12.5lbs of boost. It's a street/show/strip car so, it's nice to run 93 with low boost on the street and at the track, switch to the e85 tune with high boost and full send.

V3-JT, 3.33 pulley, LTH, E85, Drag Pack, A10, Stock Verter and drivetrain, 3.55, Full Weight 401a

I'm happy with the results

9.87 - 10-30 GLD.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I did my own version of the "Torque Booster" and saw gains in the midrange similar to what Beef saw. I have it setup with a 2 port solenoid and switch for a "Low" setting that nets around 8lbs and a "High" setting that nets ~12.5lbs of boost. It's a street/show/strip car so, it's nice to run 93 with low boost on the street and at the track, switch to the e85 tune with high boost and full send.

V3-JT, 3.33 pulley, LTH, E85, Drag Pack, A10, Stock Verter and drivetrain, 3.55, Full Weight 401a

I'm happy with the results

9.87 - 10-30 GLD.jpg
What did it run on e85?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
just buy a Vortech JT-B with a 3.33 Pulley and a 20% lower, and be done. There, instant torque and high end.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
forgive my inexperience , Is that what a torque converter does ? would it work for an auto ?
:like:Torque converter works fantastic in an automatic.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive my ignorance here, but surely the impeller speed required to deliver 12psi of boost at 3k would be WELL outside the operating limit of most centris at 8k? Or not?

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Forgive my ignorance here, but surely the impeller speed required to deliver 12psi of boost at 3k would be WELL outside the operating limit of most centris at 8k? Or not?
Doesn't this mean you're creating more heat too? More compressed air even if "wastegated" the compressor still has to create it. Obviously with higher than optimal impeller RPM there will be more heat as well. I could only find compressor maps for vortech (I'm too lazy to look really hard), and I'm too lazy to cross reference them to find out exactly what is optimal.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Oh good another thermodynamics problem. The power to drive a centrifugal compressor, often referred to as parasitic loss, is directly proportional to the mass flow through the compressor. This isn’t even arguable. This math is used every single day all across industry. So if two centrifugal compressors both discharge at 10 psi but one flows 30% more air (air that is vented to atmosphere), then the one flowing 30% more air will take 30% more power to turn it. If the compressor is near stonewall then it can be much worse.
At 10 psi the compressor is nowhere near maxed out and it’s a lot less than 30% But whatever say what you want the Dyno doesn’t lie. I’ve installed this set up many many many times

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Doesn't this mean you're creating more heat too? More compressed air even if "wastegated" the compressor still has to create it. Obviously with higher than optimal impeller RPM there will be more heat as well. I could only find compressor maps for vortech (I'm too lazy to look really hard), and I'm too lazy to cross reference them to find out exactly what is optimal.
No. Because it’s not compressing the air anymore. It’s getting the same amount of boost pressure. moving air is not heating it up. compressing it does

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Oh good another thermodynamics problem. The power to drive a centrifugal compressor, often referred to as parasitic loss, is directly proportional to the mass flow through the compressor. This isn’t even arguable. This math is used every single day all across industry. So if two centrifugal compressors both discharge at 10 psi but one flows 30% more air (air that is vented to atmosphere), then the one flowing 30% more air will take 30% more power to turn it. If the compressor is near stonewall then it can be much worse.
The parasitic loss is not directly proportional to the mass air it is directly proportional to compression . If you ever run your pro charger without any piping you’ll feel the air coming out of it is not hot. it does not get hotter until it gets compressed. Just moving air does not make it hotter. A fan does not heat up air. it’s compression that adds heat and parasitic loss
Sponsored