Sponsored

Getting low end from a centri ?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have tuned a few ProChargers on a waistgate It’s not any harder to tune than any non waistgate setup at least on a s550. It will cost a little more but not enough to really make a difference. The upside is you don’t have to run full boost if you don’t want to. Just turn the boost controller down or up as you please. The down side is everything about the supercharger is going to wear out faster. A torque booster setup will out perform a non torque booster setup every time down low. This is not an opinion it’s a fact as it will see boost sooner. The sooner you get into boost the sooner you start making power I prefer to set mine up for 18 pounds of boost and just let it eat. but I have a built motor op does not so 18psi is not a option right now
I always run my stuff full rip, so it would not outperform my setups. But i suppose it would feel stronger down low vs a car that wasn't optimized. But more low end power wouldn't make a difference at all at the track.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I always run my stuff full rip, so it would not outperform my setups. But i suppose it would feel stronger down low vs a car that wasn't optimized. But more low end power wouldn't make a difference at all at the track.
If the car is capable of holding together at full Boost then there’s no point in a torque booster. This is for cars that can not handle all the boost but still want to have the boost come on sooner.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Two cars running 20 pounds of boost one torque boosted and one not this setup is not going to make a damn bit of good. but two cars running 10 pounds of boost one torque boosted To 20psi but gated at 10 and one just set to 10. the one torque boosted is going to win at the track

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Two cars running 20 pounds of boost one torque boosted and one not this setup is not going to make a damn bit of good. but two cars running 10 pounds of boost one torque boosted To 20psi but gated at 10 and one just set to 10. the one torque boosted is going to win at the track
We can agree to disagree

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not in the know about centris as much as PD, but I don't believe torque booster setups work. The boost curve cannot be changed by this setup, a compressor would still behave as though it didn't have one installed. Difference is that heat causes wastegates to not behave properly so sometimes your 10lbs of boost goes to 12. Which is if you aren't tuned for it overboosting your engine. I wouldn't recommend running it.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just going to throw this out there... sorry for the long winded response but I keep seeing threads from the OP looking for direction on what to do... take this with a grain of salt or dismiss it entirely. However, been there a few times myself...

OP is in Ontario (as am I). So cost may be an issue (maybe not though). I’ve read all the answers in this post and the many others threads the OP has asked. The blower - any of them - you’re looking 10k++. The motor, if there was a trustworthy shop to build it anywhere near here - you’re looking at big bucks. You’ve asked how much to build a motor in a different thread - the prices given DO NOT correlate well if you’re building it locally. Then there is the actual experience with building a Coyote motor and who up here has actually built a solid one. There may be a couple places, but nothin like the shops in the US. I can give you a few names but you may want to price out before hand.

As for the blower itself, best dollar value is to buy from one of the big names from the board here for sure. There are some fantastic dealers on this board and I hate to leave a bunch out but can’t help it. Based on my own personal dealings you Can’t go wrong with Beefcake or Lethal honestly. Where you may have an issue though is shipping. I’m not sure what it will cost to have it shipped. Best bet if you’re on any sort of budget is to drive to the source. I know, COVID has the orders closed right now. But who knows what the spring will bring. You’re an hour from the border. Beef’s is another 7 hours. So a long day or even an overnight if you’re doing it yourself. Could possibly have it shipped to Niagara Falls NY at one of the cross border shipping / storage places. Possibly free shipping to there from a vendor - not sure. Easy crossing the border. Have your receipt and pay the HST tax. Costs money but zero issues and no risk of losing it if you don’t declare it.

If you’re planning on having it installed by a shop, Talk to Beef to set something up. Buy from him and have his shop install it. Drive down, stay a couple nights while they do it and drive back. One stop shopping. Obviously need to make all the arrangements and pay etc before hand but a great way to do it. Could go with Lethal as well, if you need a getaway to Florida! Make a vacation of it! Point I’m making is that this is going to be expensive. Once you can absorb the cost and you can live with it, make the decision. As every other person has stated, know your goals and what you want with the car first. All of the vendors will put together a package exactly for what your goals are. And be honest with yourself!!! Do you truly want 1000+ horsepower or just to say you have it? Are you going to race it or just have fun on the street? Is it a daily driver or can you afford to have the car down for periods? How do you like your power delivery? Hard and nasty or just keep pulling harder the higher you rev? Decisions decisions...

One more thing, there are ALWAYS things that you forget you need until later. Make sure to budget for those! Tires for example. Just for a pair of MT drag radials is going to be an easy $1200. Then headers maybe, then this then that. So if you’re realistic in the beginning of exactly where you want to end Up, you will have a little more clear path.

Finally (thank god I know), there are some amazing minds in this board that are smarter than us, trust those opinions. We’ve all been where you are at some point in our lives. Some of us (me for example) went through this 30 years ago in our Fox bodied cars. We knew our goals this time round. Don’t bite off more you can chew either. Have a budget, add some more to it and then determine if it’s ok. Then set aside some for broken parts etc. as they may happen - the higher on the Richter scale you go the more parts will either break or need upgrading.

Good luck! PM me if you have questions.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
i don’t see how one can firmly say a centrifugal at 10psi will be slower than a centrifugal wastegated down to 10psi just cuz Boost comes sooner when we can’t even firmly say that a TVS at 10psi is faster than a 10psi centri and the TVS’ boost is instant

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea and
i don’t see how one can firmly say a centrifugal at 10psi will be slower than a centrifugal wastegated down to 10psi just cuz Boost comes sooner when we can’t even firmly say that a TVS at 10psi is faster than a 10psi centri and the TVS’ boost is instant
Yea and compressor maps don't change because of a wastegate.... Now if you change the gearing hmmmmm?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Having read a lot of your other posts, just buy a Whipple and be done with it. You want the low end torque of a P.D blower, room to grow to over 1000 hp, the Whipple is it. Like I've stated before, at the price of these kits, making the wrong choice will cost you your hard earned money. If you can't afford it, save up til you can. My motto is to get something that will grow with your needs and most importantly, "Buy once, Cry once".

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Going waste gated I think is beyond the scope of what the OP is looking for. A WG car may make more torque than a non-WG one, but too many other variables to say it will definitely be faster. Our yellow GEN2 Procharged car makes a measly 520Ft-Lbs of Torque yet lays down consistent low 1.4s 60fts on stock suspension. I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of cars that make 100+ Ft-lbs more, that can't get within a tenth of that 60ft. What good is all that torque if you cant use it for anything other than burnouts.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll throw this out there.

Beefcake partners with a very good shop here in Cincinnati. Any work I cannot do myself, I have them do it. Like alignments and things I cannot do in the driveway.

If you would have it installed here you probably wouldn't have to declare it.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yea and

Yea and compressor maps don't change because of a wastegate.... Now if you change the gearing hmmmmm?
Same 10psi.....50* higher IAT

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Being pullied for 20psi and gated down to 10.......
I mean the internal gearing to spin it at a higher rpm sooner.

OP will get what he desires eventually but I believe torinate said it best drive the car down to a reputable shop and have the install done. That's probably his best bet for getting it done and avoiding extra taxes I guess.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm not in the know about centris as much as PD, but I don't believe torque booster setups work. The boost curve cannot be changed by this setup, a compressor would still behave as though it didn't have one installed. Difference is that heat causes wastegates to not behave properly so sometimes your 10lbs of boost goes to 12. Which is if you aren't tuned for it overboosting your engine. I wouldn't recommend running it.
The boost curve is changed That is the whole point. If you set your boost to 10 psi at redline on one car. The other car to 20psi at redline. you will pass 10psi At around 4000rpm. Car 1 will get 10psi at around 4000rpm. car 2 is only going to be around 6psi at 4000rpm.
So if you have two 100% identical cars. One making 4psi of boost more than the other. You are saying that it will not make any more power? Then why do people pulley down for more boost if it will not make any more power?
torque booster setups are not a Theory They are fact. Boost=power that’s why we supercharger in the first place. I don’t see how anyone can’t comprehend that 10psi boost makes more power than 6psi of boost. Where is the confusion?
Sponsored