Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hey guys so I may take advantage of the black Friday sales and buy a blower. I love the vmp . I like alot how its seems to have the best low end hit . However the centris seem to be alot more cost friendly . Is it in any way possible to tune a centri to make it feel like a tvs ? I'm just worried I'll regret it after if I get a centri over a tvs . need some help . how different do these blowers feel and where
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hey guys so I may take advantage of the black Friday sales and buy a blower. I love the vmp . I like alot how its seems to have the best low end hit . However the centris seem to be alot more cost friendly . Is it in any way possible to tune a centri to make it feel like a tvs ? I'm just worried I'll regret it after if I get a centri over a tvs . need some help . how different do these blowers feel and where
Yea buy a torque converter.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There is a certain fun factor to being able to light up the rear tires just by poking the gas pedal. But, it isn't going to get you anywhere sooner and the thrill does wear off. A centrifugal supercharger has a much more manageable torque curve.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My car with just an E85 tune on DR's is sometimes hard to maintain traction on launch. One of the big reasons I ordered a Procharger (12# of boost minimum on E85). It will let me get moving a bit before unleashing the boost. Will be much more street friendly. Spinning isn't winning! A circle D converter may go in next year depending.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can torque boost your centrifugal. If you go centrifugal go procharger the gear ratio makes power sooner than some others. So you get a procharger then you pulley it to make 20ish psi boost at redline. That way you you start making boost a lot sooner. Then you install waistgate or bov and set it to your desired boost. So if you want 10lbs of boost normally you would get it at redline well now you get it a lot sooner and hold 10lbs all the way to redline. Also you can adjust your boost on the fly with a boost controller just like a turbo. all the way up to your pulley max.
You better have a good intercooler

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You shouldn’t get into boost at this point. Take the next year to read thru this forum. Maybe take advantage of the deals next year. You’re not ready for this.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Buy a TVS if you want tvs feel.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You can torque boost your centrifugal. If you go centrifugal go procharger the gear ratio makes power sooner than some others. So you get a procharger then you pulley it to make 20ish psi boost at redline. That way you you start making boost a lot sooner. Then you install waistgate or bov and set it to your desired boost. So if you want 10lbs of boost normally you would get it at redline well now you get it a lot sooner and hold 10lbs all the way to redline. Also you can adjust your boost on the fly with a boost controller just like a turbo. all the way up to your pulley max.
You better have a good intercooler
While this is possible and some do it, its overly complicated and unnecessary. I suppose it can provide more seat of the pants feel in a low power setup but comes at the cost of increased expense, tuning issues, loading and unloading blower/crank snout. I have yet to see a gated setup outperform a properly equipped centri combo (converter/gear/pulley for the power desired).

I agree, OP does not seem ready for big mods such as forced induction. We all appreciate his eagerness to learn and understand, but identify that he is starting from a fresh slate.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
You really can't go wrong with either. Some are just more upgradable than the others. If you want a blower that offers the best bang for your buck go with a whipple we are offering a whopping 15% off now for black Friday. The centrifugal blowers are good too we're offering 15% off vortech as well here at www.lethalperformance.com. If you are leaning more towards a VMP we are having a sale on them as well. Message me with any questions you may have.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Lots of opinions but not a lot of help. Ill ask you the same thing we ask every customer who poses that question. What hangup do you have about the low-end on a Centri.

Whats your ultimate power goal? We could get you into any of those systems, but would love to pick your brain on your mindset for a blower setup. Make sure we can get you the right system.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
While this is possible and some do it, its overly complicated and unnecessary. I suppose it can provide more seat of the pants feel in a low power setup but comes at the cost of increased expense, tuning issues, loading and unloading blower/crank snout. I have yet to see a gated setup outperform a properly equipped centri combo (converter/gear/pulley for the power desired).

I agree, OP does not seem ready for big mods such as forced induction. We all appreciate his eagerness to learn and understand, but identify that he is starting from a fresh slate.
I have tuned a few ProChargers on a waistgate It’s not any harder to tune than any non waistgate setup at least on a s550. It will cost a little more but not enough to really make a difference. The upside is you don’t have to run full boost if you don’t want to. Just turn the boost controller down or up as you please. The down side is everything about the supercharger is going to wear out faster. A torque booster setup will out perform a non torque booster setup every time down low. This is not an opinion it’s a fact as it will see boost sooner. The sooner you get into boost the sooner you start making power I prefer to set mine up for 18 pounds of boost and just let it eat. but I have a built motor op does not so 18psi is not a option right now

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You shouldn’t get into boost at this point. Take the next year to read thru this forum. Maybe take advantage of the deals next year. You’re not ready for this.
Poor guy's been reading the forum for over a year going back and forth with boost and/or power questions.

At this point it's probably best to just get something.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you do buy a supercharger. having no experience you really should think about the centrifugal it is easier to control And easier to get it off the line in a race. Better suited for a first timer
Sponsored