Sponsored

Get a actual spare tire..

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would be curious if that inflation kit has actually ever helped anyone? I see it as useless. its for pumping upa tire that can hold air or to seal up maybe a nail hole after you remove the nail. but for anything road side it is totally useless. any tire issue i have ever had on the side of the road there is no way in hell that kit is doing anything. it truly is a useless item. I agree with getting a spare. with spare 10 ins back on road with out... your day is shot maybe even 3 days depending on day of week. between tows, shops closed, not having tire size.... yeah get a spare.
My tire kit helped a stranded motorcyclist once lol. It was HOT outside too, poor guy. I'm a biker myself, but I give it 50/50 shot whether I swing back around to help stranded motorists - it's just so ridiculously dangerous here to stop along the road. Something like 200+ people were struck and killed last year alongside the road. Anyway, so yeah it helped a stranger once. But I bought a cheapy knock-off PP wheel and keep it in the truck as a full size spare.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Wait, your cars didn't come with spares? Mine is pumped to 60+ psi at all times, just waiting....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wait, your cars didn't come with spares? Mine is pumped to 60+ psi at all times, just waiting....
My 15' EB came with the spare. I made sure to take it and put in in my 19'. Honestly with the roads these days I cannot image not having one.

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
It's a factory option. Not standard. I bought my kit for 250 on AM.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
I would be curious if that inflation kit has actually ever helped anyone? I see it as useless. its for pumping upa tire that can hold air or to seal up maybe a nail hole after you remove the nail. but for anything road side it is totally useless. any tire issue i have ever had on the side of the road there is no way in hell that kit is doing anything. it truly is a useless item. I agree with getting a spare. with spare 10 ins back on road with out... your day is shot maybe even 3 days depending on day of week. between tows, shops closed, not having tire size.... yeah get a spare.
It worked great fixing the flat on my lawn mower.:like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Ford inflator kit is USELESS, period.

It’s comprised of 100% plastic everything... the frigging tip or nozzle never clips onto the valve stem properly and when it does, the damn tire is deflating faster than the shitass pump can blow air back into the tire. The pump motor is a POS; a 3yr old could pump the tire faster with a bicycle pump...

If you do get a flat and somehow miraculously get the inflator nozzle to clip onto the valve stem and the pump blows faster than an 85yr old Playboy centerfold, once the goo squirts - that tire is beat. You aren’t supposed to use the tire or even repair it after it’s been spooged in....

GET A SPARE TIRE KIT, period. I got one a year ago... I drive too many miles to be stuck with a POS “tire kit” that doesn’t do squat. I also have the top tier Triple AAA membership, so yes I could still opt for a “free” tow if I had the tire kit, but even with a tow service, you’re still stuck for 45mins-1.5hrs waiting for the next driver.... a tire can be changed in what, 20 mins at most?

I’ve also been thinking about getting one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-3T-...004972?hash=item28759e5e6c:g:Zq8AAOSw6Wld-7n1

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
That looks interesting, but it’s made in China probably from recycled refrigerators and other scraps they could find with pot metal. Don’t think I’d trust it much.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think 2018 was the changeover year where the spare tire kit became an option for some reason. Then it went away entirely as far as I can tell.

It’s comprised of 100% plastic everything... the frigging tip or nozzle never clips onto the valve stem properly and when it does, the damn tire is deflating faster than the shitass pump can blow air back into the tire. The pump motor is a POS; a 3yr old could pump the tire faster with a bicycle pump...

If you do get a flat and somehow miraculously get the inflator nozzle to clip onto the valve stem and the pump blows faster than an 85yr old Playboy centerfold, once the goo squirts - that tire is beat. You aren’t supposed to use the tire or even repair it after it’s been spooged in....

GET A SPARE TIRE KIT, period. I got one a year ago... I drive too many miles to be stuck with a POS “tire kit” that doesn’t do squat. I also have the top tier Triple AAA membership, so yes I could still opt for a “free” tow if I had the tire kit, but even with a tow service, you’re still stuck for 45mins-1.5hrs waiting for the next driver.... a tire can be changed in what, 20 mins at most?

I’ve also been thinking about getting one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-3T-...004972?hash=item28759e5e6c:g:Zq8AAOSw6Wld-7n1
Well, as shit as it is, I could see it being slightly useful if you have a slow leak from a nail and the tire sits all day, and you come back to it too low to drive on. But it sounds like it would still be faster to put the spare on then inflate the original, lol. But I suppose you'll be less sweaty just waiting. It's also probably worthwhile since some of the larger diameter spares (27 inches) have to be slightly underinflated to fit properly in the spare tire well, the AA one comes to mind.

Sponsored

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
OP lives in DC, Pot Hole city, as he explained someone else hit the same thing.
Great job on the spare.
At least you could sit there with the AC on.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I'm plannning on selling/trading in my 2015 Ecoboost and ordering 2021 GT soon unless I can locate a 2020 to my liking. I'm wondering if the spare tire from the Ecoboost will fit a 2021 GT without the PP ... I know the spare won't fit a PP car and I don't want to buy a spare again if I don't have too.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
it's life saver on the track though as you can check your tires pressure. put down your tires pressure for the track. And then put it back up as well. Amazing to have a compressor for the track that you didn't pay for. Also the EU cars have tow hook as well so the car is fully prepped for road course from the factory.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think 2018 was the changeover year where the spare tire kit became an option for some reason. Then it went away entirely as far as I can tell.
The spare was an option on my 15’ EB.
I'm plannning on selling/trading in my 2015 Ecoboost and ordering 2021 GT soon unless I can locate a 2020 to my liking. I'm wondering if the spare tire from the Ecoboost will fit a 2021 GT without the PP ... I know the spare won't fit a PP car and I don't want to buy a spare again if I don't have too.
This is exactly what I did with my 19’. The spare tire kit is the same for both cars.