Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
IAT's are only an issue in stop & go traffic. You're not exactly going for peak HP in that condition anyway.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I like all these features and these are what has me interested in the package. What I don't want is the "CAI" but it looks like *any* changes to the entire setup are likely to mess up the tuning.
This tune is for people who want what Ford engineers have worked out. I don't know why I wouldn't want the filter they gave me, which came from the Shelby GT350, and I've read about IATs posted about open air boxes but I've never actually seen any real negatives to this (on these forums).

It gets a little hotter, but still within Ford engineering specs, so I don't worry about that. They warranty it, it can't be that bad is my thought.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
IAT's are only an issue in stop & go traffic. You're not exactly going for peak HP in that condition anyway.
Staging at the track as well.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
There’s also few graphs in here from people that gained ZERO?

I’m not saying its a terrible option but again imho the kits more suited for an automatic for the trans tuning than anything else.

Would've love to see ET/Mph after it was installed
Which graphs? Show me. If you keep referencing imaginary sources I'm going to tell Santa and the Easter bunny how naughty you've been.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This kit really just sharpens up the stock tune. A stock tune car with good fuel and in the right conditions is likely capable of making nearly the same amount of peak power as the tune in this pack, but the tune in this pack makes some changes given the assumption of using 91 octane or higher at all times. This helps with consistency and better torque under the curve. Whether that's worth $1300 is up to the end user to decide. There's not much power to be gained in general on pump gas on these cars just from tuning, regardless of who you go with. I suppose there is some leverage to be had with the freer flowing intake and throttle body, but since the stock setup is optimized so well, it's really pretty minor.

I personally ended up deciding against it after a long thought process (including reading this ENTIRE thread). Mostly because the fitment of the kit is pretty bad on many cars. Having to fiddle with stuff and waste time trying to seal the airbox better to help with brutal IAT's doesn't sound very fun after you spend that much money. The other big issue is throwing away 2/3 of your warranty if you're like me and bought an extension. Low chance of having your powertrain mass destruction covered after the 3/36 is up. For some people that probably doesn't matter, but trading that for minor gains isn't worth it to me. I'm just going to save up for boost and a spare engine. That $1300 gets me further going in that direction.
Great Response, thats exactly what I was looking for as an answer 🙏

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
All he wanted was control, got someone to agree with no proof. Now he's happy. I still want proof. Where are the graphs that prove this kit is trash. Come on post them up. If you can. @Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
All he wanted was control, got someone to agree with no proof. Now he's happy. I still want proof. Where are the graphs that prove this kit is trash. Come on post them up. If you can. @Stymee
Go look back at National Speeds results in these post’s

The guy gained nothing, but I would agree with u that the tune does has A10 strategies and 6sp advantages over the stock tune👍🏼

I will also say the pinging (18-21) was more of a anomaly where the tune hadn't been been driven or learned enough so I can admit I was wrong.

Lastly I think the one thing u said that truly sums up these 135 pages is, its your moola and if you feel its worthwhile to purchase the kit, get it 👍🏼

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
No additional power? Butt dyno says otherwise and so does @Dave2013M3 's dyno numbers. Some good torque gains down at 2kRPM
1680112847762.png

Hey Stang, unfortunately that's not my dyno. That was another 6G member that did that dyno. My dyno was very similar I had it on my hard drive, which died and was unrecoverable. My base numbers were actually 415rwhp but I also made 442rwhp after the kit install, but I was running 95 octane and I replaced the OEM paper filter with one from JLT. Still pretty darn close. I did my dyno by a shop near me in S. Cali, but he went out of business due to Covid and I can't get a copy of the dyno run. However, I gained a tad more due to my fuel being a little better and maybe the better air-filter. I have since added a Borla-Switchfire and Ford Performance By Borla Sportmufflers. I don't know if that will get me anymore. I for one am very happy with the kit, yes I left some ponies on the table. However, it was paramount for me to have not only a kit that had some semblance of a warranty, but also would have a CARB EO#. A lot of communities here in S. Cali have Street racing task forces running all over the place. They pull you over if your car is loud and pick apart your car and send you to a referee after you pay the fine.

The air-filter I replaced the OEM one with

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, IAT's don't really matter in general. But I suppose it's a matter of principle. I personally wouldn't care that much, but I know it bothered plenty of people on this thread. It's not like I'm really trash talking the pack either, those little gains in subjective metrics and consistency make a big difference to enjoying the vehicle.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yeah, IAT's don't really matter in general. But I suppose it's a matter of principle. I personally wouldn't care that much, but I know it bothered plenty of people on this thread. It's not like I'm really trash talking the pack either, those little gains in subjective metrics and consistency make a big difference to enjoying the vehicle.

To be honest the IAT increase I feel isn't from it being a open airbox, it seals pretty good against the hood liner. Its the thinner plastic that conducts the heat from the header. What I find laughable is that people feel their IATs don't go up idling with the OEM box. I hit 140deg with the OEM box on a hot day just idling.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
To be honest the IAT increase I feel isn't from it being a open airbox, it seals pretty good against the hood liner. Its the thinner plastic that conducts the heat from the header. What I find laughable is that people feel their IATs don't go up idling with the OEM box. I hit 140deg with the OEM box on a hot day just idling.
From my experience, IATs are much lower OEM but the gt350 box was a lot faster to cool down and also had cooler temps when the vehicle was in motion. So there's also some give and take.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, I changed my mind and ordered the kit. I realized there's like 0.1% chance of me actually going to boost in the next few years, lol. And given I don't have E85 there's really nothing else. If this cures the rev hang and does literally nothing else I'll be happy, lmao.

I also noticed that stock is low/non existent at most retailers. I wonder if it's not being made anymore? Would make sense given the 22's and 23's are exempt and Ford is now focused on the next gen cars.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You will notice the difference on the street. Did you order through Levittown Ford? He's on this forum.
I actually ordered through Summit Racing, they had a lower price by a small margin (mostly because of shipping reasons, I live fairly close to one of their distribution warehouses). Benny was great and did give me a discount code to help out though. I guess because this is an oversize box, the shipping rate to here in Utah was $126. Makes sense given they're based in New York, but compared to Summit's $10 shipping it's hard to justify. With that said, I will support Levittown if I need anything else since they're awesome people.

Hopefully I do notice the difference since I'm a base 300A car, which is like the best case scenario for this kit. I also live at altitude so I'm curious as to how that will affect things. The extra airflow from the intake will probably benefit me a lot more than most people.
Sponsored