Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Feels bad man. Guess I'll only have to wait 5 yrs/60k until a supercharger upgrade.
You could consider a supercharger kit off the lot included with warranty like the Roush. If you are considering the FP kit then warranty friendly / driveabilty etc is more important than all out performance so that could be an option. Though not sure if they released one yet for 22+.
Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You could consider a supercharger kit off the lot included with warranty like the Roush. If you are considering the FP kit then warranty friendly / driveabilty etc is more important than all out performance so that could be an option. Though not sure if they released one yet for 22+.
Thanks, also I'd prefer a carb legal one as well in case I go back to california (don't roast me too hard guys)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The intake tube will loosen up after a few heat cycles and will fit pretty well then.
I found that the angle of the intake tube is lower than that of the throttle body and can't really be made to line up perfect. No matter how much or how many times you warm up the intake tube. So on my car the lower edge of the tube is a tiny bit closer to the throttle body than the top. If I try to fix this, the intake tube needs to be pulled up higher and there is greater risk of breaking the brake booster hose elbow. As it sits, this fitting is already digging into the hood liner. Kind of a shitty fitment in my opinion but it works. A proper fit could have been achieved had the throttle adapter plate been machined at a slight angle.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I removed the intake tube from the air box, installed air box then installed tube on to throttle body. Reattach tube to air box and everything fit great.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, also I'd prefer a carb legal one as well in case I go back to california (don't roast me too hard guys)
Ya no worries if you look at the Roush kit it is 50 state / CARB compliant. Comes with the 3/36 too from date of car purchase so may as well have it done off the lot if going that route. Unless you do an actual Roush edition vehicle then those actually have the 5/60 iirc.

Sponsored

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
I removed the intake tube from the air box, installed air box then installed tube on to throttle body. Reattach tube to air box and everything fit great.
I may look to do this. Spent hours yesterday trying to get everything lined up and just couldn't get it to my standards. It's definitely not on how I'd like it over on the throttle body side. Also, my maf sensor plug just barely made it to the sensor on the tube. I was really pretty disappointed at some of the fit on this ford performance kit.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I may look to do this. Spent hours yesterday trying to get everything lined up and just couldn't get it to my standards. It's definitely not on how I'd like it over on the throttle body side. Also, my maf sensor plug just barely made it to the sensor on the tube. I was really pretty disappointed at some of the fit on this ford performance kit.
I had no problem with the MAF wiring reaching. Perhaps you skipped Step 24:
1680111475775.png

1680111539197.png

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
But here’s what I don’t understand

This kit has been tested in this post (correct me if I’m wrong) to make no additional power (Dyno verified)

So why would anyone spend the moola for it? No disrespect, maybe I read it wrong?

Lets face it, until Whipple offers a carb certified kit from Ford Performance (Like they do for the F-150) these Ford NA carb legal kits are average at best

The 1 thing I do believe in is the trans tuning (A10) Its improved with this kit from what others have said, so that would be the real benefit as I see it but again this is just an opinion….

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red

This kit has been tested in this post (correct me if I’m wrong) to make no additional power (Dyno verified)
Perhaps you should specify where you saw that. I have never heard that of the FRPP kit nor do I get where anybody would claim that.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

So why would anyone spend the moola for it? No disrespect, maybe I read it wrong?

Lets face it, until Whipple offers a carb certified kit from Ford Performance (Like they do for the F-150) these Ford NA carb legal kits are average at best

The 1 thing I do believe in is the trans tuning (A10) Its improved with this kit from what others have said, so that would be the real benefit as I see it but again this is just an opinion….
No additional power? Butt dyno says otherwise and so does @Dave2013M3 's dyno numbers. Some good torque gains down at 2kRPM
1680112847762.png

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The 1 thing I do believe in is the trans tuning (A10) Its improved
Especially if coming from a non drive mode car. With drive modes less so.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Feels bad man. Guess I'll only have to wait 5 yrs/60k until a supercharger upgrade.
Why wait so long? Finances are holding you up? If so I understand.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why wait so long? Finances are holding you up? If so I understand.
I'm getting a GT sometime in the next year but am currently in fantasy land planning mods lol. I paid 23k cash for my new 22 ecoboost so hopefully depreciation won't hit too hard when I trade it in with cash eventually.

I don't want to void the 5 yr powertrain warranty which I'm assuming most superchargers do? Still looking through all the info out there so not sure if there's something like the FRPP power packs that make it 5yr/60k -> 3yr/36k. Add to the fact that I'd want something 2022+ CARB legal and that probably narrows down my choices even more.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting a GT sometime in the next year but am currently in fantasy land planning mods lol. I paid 23k cash for my new 22 ecoboost so hopefully depreciation won't hit too hard when I trade it in with cash eventually.

I don't want to void the 5 yr powertrain warranty which I'm assuming most superchargers do? Still looking through all the info out there so not sure if there's something like the FRPP power packs that make it 5yr/60k -> 3yr/36k. Add to the fact that I'd want something 2022+ CARB legal and that probably narrows down my choices even more.
Roush sc offers 3/36 warranty from date of car purchase and CARB compliant so is not a bad compromise.
Sponsored