Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

illanxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Illan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP 1 Magneride
Has anybody had any warranty claim with this tune in? Almost ready to pull the trigger, but I am worried about dealer pushing back with warranty if something happens (I have an extended PremiumCare plan)
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Has anybody had any warranty claim with this tune in? Almost ready to pull the trigger, but I am worried about dealer pushing back with warranty if something happens (I have an extended PremiumCare plan)
Keep in mind FP warranty covers 3 / 36 from time of car purchase for anything related to the hardware in the kit or related to their tune. Anything else would still be covered by Ford factory warranty. The latter is basically the same as a custom tune. If you tune for e85 and long tubes but something unrelated like ac or power windows need fixing, it'll be covered under factory. Just remember FP is also considered after market and is separate from Ford.

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You ask a great question.

Ford says the tune doesn't void the factory warranty, but there is nothing said about the extended warranty.

I personally won`t tune if I care about warranty. Even the ford performance one I won`t touch. I just don`t trust the service guys not messing something up lol.

stang1087

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I have the EPP as well. I had a warranty claim for a broke 3-4 shift fork and a whine from the diff at highway speed. This is while I still had the 3/36 warranty active. The dealer made no mention of the Calibration Pack. I also have the Steeda Tri-Ax Race shifter and they made no mention of it either.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I had a bad dome light warranty claim. Not a word about the performance pack tune.
You are lucky they didn't deny the claim, it is well known that the tune causes dome light failures. I expect a class action suit any day. 🤣

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yeah I know it’s funny but we all know how dealers can be. I had a car in for a seatbelt recall it was mod’d very heavily and they looked at and voided the warranty. So I have some history with crazy dealers and try never to go in for warranty work.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Yeah I know it’s funny but we all know how dealers can be. I had a car in for a seatbelt recall it was mod’d very heavily and they looked at and voided the warranty. So I have some history with crazy dealers and try never to go in for warranty work.
I can sympathize, I have to take mine in for the gear selector firmware update and even though my only mod is trimming the engine cover some dealers may claim that causes problems.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just an update, according to Ford Performance. If you do the recall and reinstall the Ford Performance tune, it won't overwrite the recall.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Just an update, according to Ford Performance. If you do the recall and reinstall the Ford Performance tune, it won't overwrite the recall.
Good to know I’m not having any issues so I’ll stay away from the dealer.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Good to know I’m not having any issues so I’ll stay away from the dealer.

Yea I agree, unless I have to do it I won't.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Getting ready to install kit tomorrow. I connected the handheld to my laptop, setup an account and downloaded updates. I then connected it to the car, once I hit calibration it read 95 packets and then reset the codes. Once I reconnected to the laptop the Procal software uploaded, asked for my account info, and then downloaded a "performance cal" (MR3A-FPMGA2-BMC.bin). So I show my stock cal, the performance cal, and 1 credit used. I'm going to move into garage in the AM and install parts. I ASSume once I install the parts and connect the handheld again, I go into calibration and select the performance cal, and then I'm done?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Yes. Then go enjoy the car! :like:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Done. Took two hours, had to run back and check a video on the sound tube, and check the TB plate mounting (which way was up). One the stock intake, the little rubber notch on the gasket is north, on the new spacer, it is south when mounted. Also, on the sound tube, get everything unhooked, and do not mess with the nut on the firewall. Just yank twice and it pops right off, and then install the plug.

Connected the handheld, selected calibration, and performance cal, and it loaded pretty quickly. Took it for a 20-minute ride to warm it up and give it some mixed driving, seems to run perfectly.

IMG_6420.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
So how do you like it so far?
Sponsored