Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Power pack install issues. My mechanic installed all of the hardware with no issues. Set up an account, downloaded the Procal software, copied my stock tune to the Procal and that's where it ends. When we look at the Procal and select the 'Performance Cal's' section, it says "NO ECM Files Found".

I called Ford Performance and they said I need to go to a dealer to get the tune and to get it installed. This didn't sound right, but I'm talking with Ford Performance so who am I to second guess. Is this true? I thought you just needed Ford or an ASE Certified tech to install to maintain warranty.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Power pack install issues. My mechanic installed all of the hardware with no issues. Set up an account, downloaded the Procal software, copied my stock tune to the Procal and that's where it ends. When we look at the Procal and select the 'Performance Cal's' section, it says "NO ECM Files Found".

I called Ford Performance and they said I need to go to a dealer to get the tune and to get it installed. This didn't sound right, but I'm talking with Ford Performance so who am I to second guess. Is this true? I thought you just needed Ford or an ASE Certified tech to install to maintain warranty.
You need to re-connect the Procal to the PC and upload the OEM tune to Ford Performance. It will then download the performance tune to the Procal (there is also a voucher code involved in this process somewhere, it will ask for it). Then take it to your car and upload it.
1652814062768.png

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You guys are killing me!!!

I'm still waiting for my GT500 hood from Vicrez to arrive which is stuck somewhere 3000km away from me but once that arrives, is painted and is installed (with the spoiler to match) I'm looking to start Phase 3 which is bolt-ons and a tune.

Now I have to go through all the posts to find out what folks with 2018+ and basic bolts are making? Jeez!!!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

I'm still waiting for my GT500 hood from Vicrez to arrive which is stuck somewhere 3000km away from me but once that arrives, is painted and is installed (with the spoiler to match) I'm looking to start Phase 3 which is bolt-ons and a tune.

Now I have to go through all the posts to find out what folks with 2018+ and basic bolts are making? Jeez!!!
Boltons like long tubes and a tune will be making more power, especially if tuning for e85. This thread is specifically about the 18+ Ford Performance kit.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Just a heads up. Does the Vicrez hood come with a hood insulator or do you transfer your OEM one? The reason I bring this up is the hood insulator acts as the lid for the air intake.

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Had the Ford Performance kit installed by my dealer on my 20 GT PP1 on Friday and then dyno'd it on a Dynojet on Saturday as part of get together with a few other forum members that are in SW Ontario.
Unfortunately I don't have base dyno numbers (but would love it if someone could post such?). Put down 417 HP to the wheels. It was a warm, humid 85 deg. day. 417 = 480 at the crank so it equates well to what I expected. The only related mod I've done is the res delete to an H pipe. Loving the added burbles on the overrun in sport/track mode :)

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Put down 417 HP to the wheels. It was a warm, humid 85 deg. day. 417 = 480 at the crank so it equates well to what I expected.
Do you know what your torque was? Do you happen to have the dyno printout to share?

Thanks for sharing either way, it's cool to finally see a dyno number associated!

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Do you know what your torque was? Do you happen to have the dyno printout to share?

Thanks for sharing either way, it's cool to finally see a dyno number associated!
You're welcome Glenn. I've been meaning to get the dyno printouts out of the glove box and scan them. Once I do, I'll share them. Hopefully soon... damn memory lol.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Just a heads up. Does the Vicrez hood come with a hood insulator or do you transfer your OEM one? The reason I bring this up is the hood insulator acts as the lid for the air intake.
I have the vicrez and No the vicrez does not have a hood insulator I might try to install my insulator when I pick the hood from the shop it’s getting wrap

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just an update regarding MY 2022. There will be no Performance Power Kit for MY 2022, due to the changes Ford Performance won't be offering this kit. Earlier they said they would, they won't anymore.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Just an update regarding MY 2022. There will be no Performance Power Kit for MY 2022, due to the changes Ford Performance won't be offering this kit. Earlier they said they would, they won't anymore.
Craptastic. Is this from Ford Performance? I called them a month or two back and was told they were working on it and expect it end of summer yada yada yada...

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
Thank you! Tune is now loaded properly! Why weren't these instructions included in the box? I didn't expect as big of a difference as I do with a manual transmission. Wow...just wow. Beyond happy with this upgrade.
Yep, makes a big difference, especially in throttle response and lower end grunt. Maybe even more so with manual transmissions (like mine, too! :like:).

I'd almost forgotten how much, till I recently got my car back from having some body work done. Somehow the time with the battery disconnected while they worked on it made the car fall back to basically stock response (which felt ANEMIC!), even though the tune still showed as loaded. Used the ProCal to clear KAM and adaptive KAM, drove it hard for 5 minutes, and it was back to its rip snortin' self again (whew!). Keep the ProCal in a safe place; never know when you might need it!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Craptastic. Is this from Ford Performance? I called them a month or two back and was told they were working on it and expect it end of summer yada yada yada...

Yes, I talked with them today. They told me there were plans but with the way the emissions were tightened up and it wouldn't be possible. I don't know if I believe the reason. I feel it was because of only one model year isn't covered and it may not be worth the expense to get the CARB EO#.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Yes, I talked with them today. They told me there were plans but with the way the emissions were tightened up and it wouldn't be possible. I don't know if I believe the reason. I feel it was because of only one model year isn't covered and it may not be worth the expense to get the CARB EO#.
Yeah, I was a bit shocked that they were committing to something that was going to be a short run. I hope this doesn't turn into another one hit wonder like the 2010.
Sponsored