Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
With this kit/tune, can you go E85 with it?
Nope. Custom tuning for e85 with no other changes though is worth about double the power of this kit. Add long tubes for extra fun.

But this kit has its pros too in the niche it looks to fill.

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
I sealed a gap between the foam and the air box. A big thanks to @StangTime for his post on page 92 (#1378) and his example of what right looks like. This helped me understand what I needed to do.

I think the mechanic who installed my kit placed the supplied foam too far forward. As such there was a gap where the foam should have ended up.

To fill the space I cut a piece of 1/2 in. Rubber Self-Seal Pipe Wrap Insulation (plumbing section at the hardware store) and was able to wedge it in place. Just to be safe, I used some 1.5 in. heat reflective tape (auto parts store - DEI Cool Tape) on the outside of the air box to ensure the pipe wrap stays in place.

I went for a drive and everything stayed snug.
6614C71B-454B-47AE-9DE1-1047457EF41E.jpeg
202E68C3-8532-4331-863B-FEBFC7813C8E.jpeg
1616A59C-FCC4-4C0F-9F82-F63337936F91.jpeg

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I sealed a gap between the foam and the air box. A big thanks to @StangTime for his post on page 92 (#1378) and his example of what right looks like. This helped me understand what I needed to do.

I think the mechanic who installed my kit placed the supplied foam too far forward. As such there was a gap where the foam should have ended up.

To fill the space I cut a piece of 1/2 in. Rubber Self-Seal Pipe Wrap Insulation (plumbing section at the hardware store) and was able to wedge it in place. Just to be safe, I used some 1.5 in. heat reflective tape (auto parts store - DEI Cool Tape) on the outside of the air box to ensure the pipe wrap stays in place.

I went for a drive and everything stayed snug.
6614C71B-454B-47AE-9DE1-1047457EF41E.jpeg
202E68C3-8532-4331-863B-FEBFC7813C8E.jpeg
1616A59C-FCC4-4C0F-9F82-F63337936F91.jpeg
Does that small gap really make a difference with anything? I Have a cervini ram air hood with a huge hole on the top of the box letting air in lol

Sponsored

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
Does that small gap really make a difference with anything? I Have a cervini ram air hood with a huge hole on the top of the box letting air in lol
Haha. Great question! I can’t compare before and after temps because I had a short drive home after kit install and did this the next day. Fortunately it took longer to drive to the stores to get the supplies than it did make the “repair”.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
After almost 2K posts, I get to chime in & say that I too have the FP tune/kit for my car.

Supercharging was never really an option in my case. So I went this route. And retaining the factory warranty was also a plus. Had a local dealership do the install.

I like the improved throttle response. Can really feel the extra torque down low. Echo what others have said that the car should have come with this strategy from the factory.

Car has run strong from the day it arrived with 9 miles. To this point, I have zero complaints. Has not missed a beat, or a shift since I got behind the wheel. And we've had a few shifts bounce off the limiter in 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th. Oh and BTW, taching out in 4th gets you going pretty fast.:sunglasses:

I think that I'm finally now done with the mods.

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
I think that I'm finally now done with the mods.... That's what I said... a few mods ago :crazy:
Getting my Performance kit and tune installed this week.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think that I'm finally now done with the mods.... That's what I said... a few mods ago :crazy:
Getting my Performance kit and tune installed this week.
The power pack scratched the itch, for me, even two years later (it still feels like it's 2019...). I'm debating gears but I honestly haven't really had the urge to do anything else after the tune.

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
After almost 2K posts, I get to chime in & say that I too have the FP tune/kit for my car.

Supercharging was never really an option in my case. So I went this route. And retaining the factory warranty was also a plus. Had a local dealership do the install.

I like the improved throttle response. Can really feel the extra torque down low. Echo what others have said that the car should have come with this strategy from the factory.

Car has run strong from the day it arrived with 9 miles. To this point, I have zero complaints. Has not missed a beat, or a shift since I got behind the wheel. And we've had a few shifts bounce off the limiter in 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th. Oh and BTW, taching out in 4th gets you going pretty fast.:sunglasses:

I think that I'm finally now done with the mods.
Now time to contact Steeda to help with suspension updates.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Steeds suspension bits installed early on in the mod process.:like:
Same here. Steeda Suspension, sway bars, and stop the hop done first. GT Calibration Kit and Steeda H Pipe done second. đź‘Ť

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Steeda suspension bits installed early on in the mod process.:like:
Also I added Steeda’s hood struts, trunk struts, and catch can. Didn’t want to forget I added those.
Sponsored