Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I recently replaced the factory grille with an aftermarket mach 1 type (fully open mesh) and a Velossa big mouth on the driver's side. IAT is now 3-4 degrees above ambient when moving even at low speeds. I used some reflective DEI tape on the FP airbox and even in 90 degree temps the IAT at idle was right around where the stock air box was.

Overall I'm glad I did the Tune / intake / TB. Can't decide now whether I want to do 4.09 gears first or the digital dash conversion. Good trouble to have I guess.
Well, both the 4.09 gears and the digital dash conversion are going to cost you about the same amount of money. Unless you can install the 4.09 gear yourself or pull out the differential and then take to a shop can save you money too. But, you will get more fun out of the 4.09 gears lol. I also want to do the digital dash in the future.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well, both the 4.09 gears and the digital dash conversion are going to cost you about the same amount of money. Unless you can install the 4.09 gear yourself or pull out the differential and then take to a shop can save you money too. But, you will get more fun out of the 4.09 gears lol. I also want to do the digital dash in the future.
I used to do gears - not anymore - it annoys me to no end. A local Mustang shop will do it if I bring them the pumpkin, with Ford Performance gears and master install kit for $250. So roughly $680 or so all in. Pulling / installing the rear pumpkin in a S550 is really straightforward, I've done several.

I can order all new Ford digital dash parts (no telling when I'd actually get them - but that's beside the point) including $300 core charge for the instrument cluster for a tick under $1400. I have FORSCAN and I would install myself.

SnakeMaster16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Just finished installing and uploading the tune, and my car is throwing a PO61D Control Module Engine Air Mass Performance code. Anyone see this happen and how to fix?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Check all you work sounds like a bad connection

SnakeMaster16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
Check all you work sounds like a bad connection
I cleared it, started the car and let it run and it never came up again. I will check again tomorrow and go for a drive.

Sponsored

SnakeMaster16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
Alright so after my brief trouble there, I love what this tune has done has done to my 10 speed. So much smoother and quick to accelerate, as everyone says, the butt dyno approves. I loved my car before and this tune makes me love it even more. If you are on the fence, make the plunge and grab it at Levittownfordparts.com for the best price. You won't regret it.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Just installed the kit this week and as everybody else, I can just recommend this upgrade ! The driveability and especially the behavior of the AT10 is a must ! No more random stupid mess when running low in 1st gear, it'sfast and smooth from 1 to 10 !

But, I wonder if you guys have trouble with the lateral foam piece. I couldn't install it better than that :

20211118_184608.jpg

Tried multiply times, but I feel like it's gonna tear off if I pull more upwards.
I saw some pics where it's properly "closed" and some like mine ...
Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Yves.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget to do a KAM reset. Wakes the baby up in a Huge way.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just installed the kit this week and as everybody else, I can just recommend this upgrade ! The driveability and especially the behavior of the AT10 is a must ! No more random stupid mess when running low in 1st gear, it'sfast and smooth from 1 to 10 !

But, I wonder if you guys have trouble with the lateral foam piece. I couldn't install it better than that :

20211118_184608.jpg

Tried multiply times, but I feel like it's gonna tear off if I pull more upwards.
Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Yves.
I believe the majority of us weren't able to get it right. I even unscrewed the entire top piece to realigne it with only a slight improvement. I just said f*** it and stuffed a piece of insulation foam in there to cover the gap.

Sponsored

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
I believe the majority of us weren't able to get it right. I even unscrewed the entire top piece to realigne it with only a slight improvement. I just said f*** it and stuffed a piece of insulation foam in there to cover the gap.
I'm a little bit more confident that I didn't do anything wrong :D
Adding some pre-taped insulation foam was my next move...

Yves.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

20211118_184608.jpg

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Yves.
I completely separated the intake tube from the airbox when I installed and it helped a lot for this issue and to avoid rubbing on the hood blanket as well...

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

20211118_184608.jpg

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Yves.
Maybe my post will help: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-3214193
The hard foam backing needs to be on the outside of the airbox.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
Maybe my post will help: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-3214193
The hard foam backing needs to be on the outside of the airbox.
Thanks !
I tried again this afternoon but like others the top part of the airbox is popping up and is completely in its correct position when the hood is closed only. So when I kept pressing on it I can put the foam correctly and it’s ok. As soon as I release the pressure it goes away.

I’ve put some auto adhesive rubber and it’s all good for now…it feels like a poor design though.

BTW is it my mind or what ?! I feel it’s louder/deeper through the exhaust ??

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks !
I tried again this afternoon but like others the top part of the airbox is popping up and is completely in its correct position when the hood is closed only. So when I kept pressing on it I can put the foam correctly and it’s ok. As soon as I release the pressure it goes away.

I’ve put some auto adhesive rubber and it’s all good for now…it feels like a poor design though.

BTW is it my mind or what ?! I feel it’s louder/deeper through the exhaust ??
I agree. It's poor design. I am actually going to order a GT500 airbox and try it. Looks like a much better fit even though the GT500 also uses that stupid foam pad.

Yes. Your observation is correct. The car is louder and deeper after installing this kit.
Sponsored