Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Apologies if this has been covered already. Can this kit be resold in any capacity down the line? Obviously the hard parts can, but would the new owner be able to flash the tune to a different VIN? Assuming not, is there any supported path for them to purchase a new tune/license for a different car once the parts are moved, or the unit married permanently to whichever VIN you use it on first?
Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Apologies if this has been covered already. Can this kit be resold in any capacity down the line? Obviously the hard parts can, but would the new owner be able to flash the tune to a different VIN? Assuming not, is there any supported path for them to purchase a new tune/license for a different car once the parts are moved, or the unit married permanently to whichever VIN you use it on first?
Calibration is based on VIN and can only be had by using voucher code included with kit. Only way to reuse is if you can prove first vehicle was totaled and then they will provide a new voucher code for your new car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Calibration is based on VIN and can only be had by using voucher code included with kit. Only way to reuse is if you can prove first vehicle was totaled and then they will provide a new voucher code for your new car.
So only real way to sell it to someone else would be to use the procal to return it back to stock and unmarry it, and then new user will then have to be responsible to use another tuner and get some custom tune that works with the kit, but that would be only have a benefit if some custom tune comes out that proves to be more gain with the kit vs stock.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So only real way to sell it to someone else would be to use the procal to return it back to stock and unmarry it, and then new user will then have to be responsible to use another tuner and get some custom tune that works with the kit, but that would be only have a benefit if some custom tune comes out that proves to be more gain with the kit vs stock.
It has no value except to original vehicle it was 'married' to. Directions are to visit specific website, enter VIN, enter voucher code, then website will allow download of correct tune for your specific vehicle and then you apply tune. Only way to reuse is to get new voucher code and I don't believe they will sell you one. Hope this clarifies....

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

This needs to be clarified with FRPP, they'll help you.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
This needs to be clarified with FRPP, they'll help you.
Not a concern with me since I will stick to it for a long time and not worry about resale value on the kit.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Not a concern with me since I will stick to it for a long time and not worry about resale value on the kit.

Well I was wondering myself what if I sold the car and went into a new Mustang. Can I move this kit to the new car. If I am the original owner I should be able to move it to another car. I currently have this kit on my 2020 GT PP1 base 300a car and I am very happy with it. I love Rapid Red, but I love Chrome Yellow even more.

Dave

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was wondering myself what if I sold the car and went into a new Mustang. Can I move this kit to the new car. If I am the original owner I should be able to move it to another car. I currently have this kit on my 2020 GT PP1 base 300a car and I am very happy with it. I love Rapid Red, but I love Chrome Yellow even more.

Dave
Yeah perhaps makes sense, I know Roush will even sell me a voucher if I just have the intake, not the power pac kit which comes with the tune.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I got my kit installed today. Have driven around a bunch, need more time, but I can tell you it's made two things so much better for me:

1) rev hang. I feel like I can shift/clutch/shift as quickly as I've wanted to all along

2) the extra torque down low seems to be making things easier for me to engage from a stop with my MT82. Not sure how or why.

I can feel the difference in power, even at cruising on the highway (which is right around where the extra 40 ft/lbs comes on). Definitely feels better than before.

Gotta go do a bunch more driving now.

Sponsored

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
I got my kit installed today. Have driven around a bunch, need more time, but I can tell you it's made two things so much better for me:

1) rev hang. I feel like I can shift/clutch/shift as quickly as I've wanted to all along

2) the extra torque down low seems to be making things easier for me to engage from a stop with my MT82. Not sure how or why.

I can feel the difference in power, even at cruising on the highway (which is right around where the extra 40 ft/lbs comes on). Definitely feels better than before.

Gotta go do a bunch more driving now.
Yep, I concur on both points. Another nice surprise is that 4th is now a VERY usable passing gear for a typical passing maneuver on a 2 lane back road, unlike before, where if I really wanted to hustle I had to drop it into 3rd, winding the snot out of it (and sounding like an asshole in the process).

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Yep, I concur on both points. Another nice surprise is that 4th is now a VERY usable passing gear for a typical passing maneuver on a 2 lane back road, unlike before, where if I really wanted to hustle I had to drop it into 3rd, winding the snot out of it (and sounding like an asshole in the process).
Thanks for the info. I haven't gotten that far yet, just a bunch of driving around the city yesterday.

I am really impressed by these changes. I have had 2 years now in a 2019/2020 GT mt-82 and the changes more in characteristics not necessarily power are really noticeable and seem to be great adjustments to most things I wished behaved a little differently.

I am loving being able to clutch in and out pretty much as fast as I can. I notice sometimes now I need to clutch faster if I want to match the car - cool. I was looking for more engagement in my every day drive. I can see why they come more relaxed stock. But this is definitely what I wanted.

And knowing it's made by Ford engineers makes me personally very happy.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I finally got my kit installed. I've put about 50 miles on it around town and at this point I'm definitely happy with the improvements. The midrange torque this kit provides is a definite improvement over stock and keeping the warranty intact is a great advantage. Now on to getting the 4.09s installed.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I used the Dell because I had Forscan on it already. I have a gaming rig as well. Waiting for the RTX3070 to come out.
Have you tried raceroom expeirence yet on steam. Lots of fun.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Glad to hear that other M6 owners are having a similar (and good) experience with things I discussed earlier in this thread. Having this on since May, the driveability improvements remain the best part of the kit; it just feels more natural. I’ve also noticed that quiet exhaust mode is more enjoyable with the improvements to the induction noise from the new CAI and removal of the sound tube. Inside, quiet mode now sounds very similar to my friends Gen 1 Coyote with GT500 mufflers.
Sponsored