Sponsored

Floor Jack Clearance Issue

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
......Then I got the hood struts. And FML they are so nice. No longer burning my had between runs. Who woulda thunk it.

I 100% agree with the hood struts comment.
My GT350 must be super special. It has a fancy rubber thingy on the prop rod so I don't burn my hand when I use it. :cwl:

All jokes aside, I really like the jacking rails and I'm sure I would own hood struts if I ever saw some in person. :thumbsup:

1692803108834.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
LR170Shelby350R

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Wow - I had no idea this thread would turn into such a heated discussion about jacking rails! šŸ˜†

I'm sure they are really effective, however I don't want to add anything to my GT350, regardless of the weight. I'm concerned about using the pinch weld pads because of the potential to scratch the pinch weld area. Is this a common issue? Is one supplier better than another? Steeda vs. ZL1?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Car goes from on thr ground to all 4 wheels off the ground faster than you can roll out and set up a quick jack setup.
Iā€™ll give you speed, but thatā€™s all you win. QuickJack wins elevation, stability, security, ease of use, etc. you just canā€™t beat no more dicking around with jack stands.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Iā€™ll give you speed, but thatā€™s all you win. QuickJack wins elevation, stability, security, ease of use, etc. you just canā€™t beat no more dicking around with jack stands.
You're forgetting price. I'm at least $1,000 cheaper than you for a craftsman aluminum jack, 4 stands, and the jacking rails than the cheapest QuickJack setup.

Also unless you're keeping the quick jack on the floor permanently, I would also argue ease of use as I just keep my 4 jack stands locked out in their same position and they just slide in and out much easier than you'd ever slide the quick jack system under your car.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I have the Quickjacks, as well, and they are a great addition to a four-post lift. With both, I can work on the Mule on its suspension and also with the suspension at full droop.

I used to do this by using a combination of floor jacks and jack stands on the lift..... which was somewhat questionable from a safety standpoint.

When not in use, I just disconnect the Quickjacks from the pump and store them on the jack bridges in the middle of the lift so they are out of the way from an on-off perspective.

This pic is with the Quickjacks at just the half-way point.... they'll put the car 2' in the air.

20230421_110305.jpg

In this pic, below the Brembo sticker, you can see just a little bit of the red anodized ZL1 Add-Ons "Stealth Lift Pads" that I added to the pinch-welds at the factory lift points. The Quickjacks come with large rubber blocks that contact these lifting pads, making for a no-fuss operation.

20220817_095734.jpg

Here's a pic of the lifting pads from the ZL1 page.....

ZL1 Jacking Pads.JPG

Last edited:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Wow - I had no idea this thread would turn into such a heated discussion about jacking rails! šŸ˜†

I'm sure they are really effective, however I don't want to add anything to my GT350, regardless of the weight. I'm concerned about using the pinch weld pads because of the potential to scratch the pinch weld area. Is this a common issue? Is one supplier better than another? Steeda vs. ZL1?
The pinch welds look like hell to start with, donā€™t worry about marring it with a rubber jack pad ;-)

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Steeda jacking rails. Use middle 3rd for jacking (with jack pad) a side and place jack stands (with stand pads) where pinch weld jacking points are. Works very very well for most frequent needs; removing wheels, brake maintenance, oil change, suspension parts, etc. and no chance of scratching car or rails.

Just my $.02 worth.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You're forgetting price. I'm at least $1,000 cheaper than you for a craftsman aluminum jack, 4 stands, and the jacking rails than the cheapest QuickJack setup.

Also unless you're keeping the quick jack on the floor permanently, I would also argue ease of use as I just keep my 4 jack stands locked out in their same position and they just slide in and out much easier than you'd ever slide the quick jack system under your car.
Eehhh, I'll give you price, overall...but you're a little off. QJ can easily be had sub $1K, on sale at Costco. And I did forget price, yes, as price is usually not a factor when it comes to my car/garage. You defend your position like someone that's never used QJ, LOL ;-) I applaud you for that, but...I did the same thing right up until I got mine and used it the first time. Yes, mine stay on the floor.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Eehhh, I'll give you price, overall...but you're a little off. QJ can easily be had sub $1K, on sale at Costco. And I did forget price, yes, as price is usually not a factor when it comes to my car/garage. You defend your position like someone that's never used QJ, LOL ;-) I applaud you for that, but...I did the same thing right up until I got mine and used it the first time. Yes, mine stay on the floor.
Oh I've used them and they can be super handy if they fit. They just don't fit me and I'd rather put the price differential back into my car as using the jacking rails is just as easy if not easier for me and I don't have lines laying across my garage from the lift unit to the jacks to worry about.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I read every thread on this topic. Always end up concluding thereā€™s not one perfect answer. Strong preferences, yes. Situational favorites, yes. A silver bullet, no. I will check out the Daytona LP Jack though.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I read every thread on this topic. Always end up concluding thereā€™s not one perfect answer. Strong preferences, yes. Situational favorites, yes. A silver bullet, no. I will check out the Daytona LP Jack though.
Youā€™re spot on.

If you have all the time and enjoy subjective reasoning, use the quick jack, jacking rails, race ramps, wood boards, etc.

If youā€™re a honey badger and youā€™re rotating the track tires for the 437th time, Jack the whole side from the center of the pinch weld and get it done.

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
My preference is jacking rails on both the Boss and the GT350only because they spread the load out when I lift the entire side of the car with a high lift floor jack in the center. I do not think I would trust a pinch weld block in my case. This allows me to use Race Ramp blocks instead of jackstands which are in my way most of the time. When I need to work on one of the axles I just use a jackstand on that corner. I don't mind the dead weight when I could just lose 20 pounds...:cwl:
IMG_5907.jpg

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I would just bite the bullet and get a set of jacking rails, I don't mod my cars but both my 350 & 500 have a set of BMR jacking rails. $170, 14 pounds for the set, 10 minute install, bolt on only - no permanent modifications, much safer way to lift a unibody car.