Sponsored

First Oil Change

Deleted member 35644

Mine is under warranty, MY20. Do you think I can convince them to use 5W30 instead of 5W20? Maybe if swap the oil cap to show 5W30 ? Inspection will be next month.
Tell 'em you're headed to the track.

Track.JPG
Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i do it myself, always have on all my cars. if you do it yourself, id recommend the following oil plug linked below. you can turn the blue knurled part to slowly drain the oil without removing the entire plug. if you remove the entire plug right away, the oil will drain very quickly and you will likely make a gigantic mess that will take awhile to clean up. ask me how i know... 🤬 :blush: drain it slowly by opening the blue part and once the oil is fully drained, you may remove the entire plug and check the magnetic tip to see what (hopefully none, or very minimal) metal is on it. trust me, the extra few minutes it takes letting it drain slowly is a far better alternative to cleaning up several quarts from your driveway or garage. just keep track of the rubber plug and dont lose it.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/u...MI3aaOnN-B8wIVhBx9Ch3oBQXiEAQYASABEgI0NPD_BwE

OP
OP
Kaulpenney

Kaulpenney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks guys appreciate it, I do car photography for a living. And I ended up having a shop do it with 5w-30. Running great🤙🏽

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Mine is under warranty, MY20. Do you think I can convince them to use 5W30 instead of 5W20? Maybe if swap the oil cap to show 5W30 ? Inspection will be next month.
I literally just requested it and they did it.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I read few post here about the tick. Beside the annoying sound. Has anyone encountered mechanical failure? Unless I missed it, I can’t recall reading something bad from the ticks.
It doesn't matter. The tick is something bad in and of itself. The engine sounding as if it were broken is (almost) as bad as it being actually broken.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Op, there is no magic involved. Read the section in the owner's manual related to oil usage and service intervals. If you will stick to those, you will never have an issue. By allowing an authorized Ford dealer to do it, your service work is entered into Ford's database. From a warranty standpoint, it's called CYA. You will also build Ford rewards points. Said points can be used to cover the cost of future service and or, Ford accessories. I just purchased the all weather floor mats and cargo liner. My rewards points covered the entire cost !

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I hope I don’t get a tick🙌🏽🙌🏽
Liberal use under ones arms and elsewhere after bathing is recommended. Must work as my ex never complained ....................
1632663974033.png

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The moment I dread most is approaching fast. My GT will be one year old next month, and unfortunately I will have to change its oil. :frown:
I will take every conceivable precaution. I won't go to the dealership, but to a garage owned by a guy who's well known on the Romanian Ford forum and is very knowledgeable in Ford matters. I will be there the whole time and maybe even lend him a hand. I will use the same oil it came from the factory with. I will pre-fill the oil filter. I will make sure the correct amount of oil goes into the engine. I don't know what else I could do. Fingers crossed.
While I'm at it, I will also replace the stock drain plug with a Ronin.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good grief ............... When did having the engine oil changed become such a traumatic, life threatening issue ? The majority of Mustang owners world wide simply find a place to have the oil changed when the OLM tells them to. There is so much more to worry about in life. Really, ordering out Chinese is truly a mind boggling experience IMHO.

YMMV ................... :bow:

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Lol.. I get how some people could have a little anxiety over the oil change. I always get a little worried about someone else touching my car. You never know who's having a bad day or had a fight with his wife and is distracted... no one cares about your baby like you do.

I use a local oil change shop too. Used them for years. With my old cars. I just made sure to tell the guy it's 10 quarts... he was surprised. Came to me later and was like. "Yea man, you're right... 10 qts"

I did the dealership a few times with my Nissan back in the day... oil changes were free, but I found it worth the $40 to have my shop do it in 10 mins, rather than sit in a dealership waiting room watching old episodes of the Jaime Foxx show for an hour and a half... (shudders)

Some people go full synthetic, I go with the synthetic blend. It seems like either one works fine.
Shop exclusively uses Castrol syntec; 3+ years, no tick, no problems

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That is why I let the dealer do it. It's on them if there is a screw up. Never had that issue as I've always slipped the quick lube tech a gift card from the local liquor store. :) Dude loves it.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I do my own, always have. It's one of the few last things the average dude can do in the home garage as routine maintenance. I got it down to about a 1/2 hour.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Then one has to dispose of the old oil and filter. That is becoming a hassle.
Sponsored