Sponsored

First oil change

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would have changed the oil anyway. The tech gave you his personal opinion, doesn't mean he is more right or wrong on the subject. I plan to change mine at 1k, especially since it has the Roush Phase 2 supercharger kit.

So the tech told me to wait to 5000 miles especially if I have been babying it. He said babying for the first 1000, which is good and also allowing rpms to fluctuate, he said that once I hit 1000 I really need to drive it hard to allow the rings to set in. He said then bring it back at 5k and have the oil changed. He basically said the oil is still virtually brand new and a a waste to change it right now since it's been babied its whole life
Sponsored

warthog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
My 2019 GT has around 1060 miles. I've followed to the T exactly how Ford described to drive this vehicle during the first 1000 miles. I went over 4500 rpm once but other than that one time I've went as high as 3500(Maybe) and varied the RPMS with no cruise control.

I have s 1PM oil change set for tomorrow first 3 are free.

Here's the question and I see this being debated back and forth over and over for a while now. It calls for 5w20 but have been reading some folks going with 5w50 or 40 or even 30. Now I don't drive the car like a maniac only occasionally will I run WOT and that will be only here and there. Its my baby so trying to take care of it.

So knowing all this should I go for the 30, 40 or 50? The temps is Arkansas during winter average around 28° mornings and highs in the upper 40's and low 50's. During the summer temps start out at 75-80° and go up to 100 on a regular basis.

This is Your car...what do you do tomorrow? 30, 40 or 50?
Made an appointment for my first change next Saturday. A warning, which I’m seriously thinking of cancelling, I told the service rep 10 quarts and she came back and said no I was wrong it’s only 8 quarts. I repeated the model and year and she still insisted it was 8 quarts. Sent her a screen shot from the manufacturer’s owners manual and specific to 5.0. No response... yeah cancelling.