2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Breaking in a turbo? That thing is at full speed from the start lol
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Please oh please keep us posted. This is exactly the setup I want. Also hearing about a better sound is great! I swear I will send you money for some videos!!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Please oh please keep us posted. This is exactly the setup I want. Also hearing about a better sound is great! I swear I will send you money for some videos!!

Yeah no kidding, this is the route I plan to take once my powertrain warranty is up. I figure I can spend all my money on the cosmetics for now and then upgrade the power later. I'd like to hear more about this, seems like most guys doing turbo upgrades run E30 or E85, I can't get either of those where I live so I'm very interested in 93 power.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
You know, it's not a bad idea to break a new turbo in with new oil instead of used oil. By all means, everyone can do as they please, but I'm sure Tony would recommend doing the same. The coolant would be fine, although, if you're higher mileage (around 50k or so), it probably wouldn't hurt to do a drain/refill on it either. The few extra dollars spent would be worth it, IMO.
Although turbos have no actual break in period. This is 100% correct, every single turbo install should be done with new fresh oil, and filter. First thing I do when swapping a turbo is drain the oil. As for the coolant on these, just pop the lines, and cap them, you lose some coolant, but not much.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only get 92 around here :( I'm gonna have to go meth, I really don't wanna do all the e85 work. Plus there's like 2 station between Seattle and California for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP

Haha I just finalized my E30 tune with adam. So should hit he dyno soon. I'm gonna be gone next couple weekends but I'll definitely try to get cool vids

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha I just finalized my E30 tune with adam. So should hit he dyno soon. I'm gonna be gone next couple weekends but I'll definitely try to get cool vids
Well until you hit the dyno, can you describe it? The difference you feel, the sound, how the power comes on, how the torque and top end each respond? Normally I wouldn't be so pesky but I go to bed ever night imagining that stupid thing it's a sickness. I wanna cruise in 2nd gear at 35 and floor it and burn rubber on a dry day.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Well until you hit the dyno, can you describe it? The difference you feel, the sound, how the power comes on, how the torque and top end each respond? Normally I wouldn't be so pesky but I go to bed ever night imagining that stupid thing it's a sickness. I wanna cruise in 2nd gear at 35 and floor it and burn rubber on a dry day.
I can do that at 40 mph on my street tires. LOL It's quite entertaining!

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can do that at 40 mph on my street tires. LOL It's quite entertaining!
You have the turbo upgrade right? I can't unless it's wet. Upgraded to 275 in back "Pirelli" tires. No NOT5 but better than stock

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
You have the turbo upgrade right? I can't unless it's wet. Upgraded to 275 in back "Pirelli" tires. No NOT5 but better than stock
I can light up the pirellis on second. I feel like I have skinnies on the rear lol

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can light up the pirellis on second. I feel like I have skinnies on the rear lol
Well I see you also have my dying wish on your car so I'd hope so. 80lbs huh.. You must make like.. 1100hp? Have you checked in with about about getting a built motor yet?

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Although turbos have no actual break in period. This is 100% correct, every single turbo install should be done with new fresh oil, and filter. First thing I do when swapping a turbo is drain the oil. As for the coolant on these, just pop the lines, and cap them, you lose some coolant, but not much.
I just installed my vargas 2 stage this weekend and I had recently changed oil / filter a month ago and have 1000 miles on it since. Should I still change it again? Im running royal purple 5w30. I'm going to switch to 5w40 amsoil next change. Should I do it now or can I go another 3-4k miles?

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I just installed my vargas 2 stage this weekend and I had recently changed oil / filter a month ago and have 1000 miles on it since. Should I still change it again? Im running royal purple 5w30. I'm going to switch to 5w40 amsoil next change. Should I do it now or can I go another 3-4k miles?
We personally as a shop will not do a turbo swap on a car without changing the oil unless it has something dumb like 50-100 miles on the oil. We also recommend changing oil every 3000K like clockwork, when beating on stuff hard, 4-5K is too long. If you already have a thousand on it. Switch to the 0-40 Amsoil signature, and you are good for another 3K

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
We personally as a shop will not do a turbo swap on a car without changing the oil unless it has something dumb like 50-100 miles on the oil. We also recommend changing oil every 3000K like clockwork, when beating on stuff hard, 4-5K is too long. If you already have a thousand on it. Switch to the 0-40 Amsoil signature, and you are good for another 3K
Good to know I was gonna stick with 5,000 intervals until I read this. I'm using dominator 15w50 since I occasionally drive pretty spirited.

But I'm starting to think it's a little too overkill, since I remember you mentioning you guys always used amsoil signature 0-40 in most of your setups with-out any issues.

P.s what's the status on my charge pipes?
Im the one who returned the passenger inlet recently.
Aaron E.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Good to know I was gonna stick with 5,000 intervals until I read this. I'm using dominator 15w50 since I occasionally drive pretty spirited.

But I'm starting to think it's a little too overkill, since I remember you mentioning you guys always used amsoil signature 0-40 in most of your setups with-out any issues.

P.s what's the status on my charge pipes?
Im the one who returned the passenger inlet recently.
Aaron E.
Aaron, my shipping manager has emailed you 3-4 times with no response as he needs a few details on your order
Sponsored