Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I was looking around on the Corvette forum the other day and the hate was real.

We don’t dislike the Corvette but they hate the Mustang?

I like the new C8 but I don’t have much interest till the newer/faster versions come out.
Camaro is looked down on as well. Can't accept the performance of the ZL1 and now the GT500.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. That was funny AF.
Next pass was on a tow truck :cwl:
c_oc=AQk5yaHLttkSzezVGX5NySEEq6rH8ZmFXeXbuZGMx7J3edB1e84aKN_jPkaWO6-lltg&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-2.jpg

c_oc=AQkbJwkwIA_HUHvs4QHZ5OQOqGsbQe93s5_AYkUzFktolHNVA2gjq49CGwrYpRNpJcA&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.jpg
I find this insane. Why would you take a car that advanced right to the drag strip?

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro is looked down on as well. Can't accept the performance of the ZL1 and now the GT500.
I like the ZL1 better. It's an actual muscle car. I think the C7 is a beautiful car but they have always had too many issues for a car in that price range.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you take a car that advanced right to the drag strip?
Why not? A Lamborghini Huracan ran 10.1 sec @ 140 mph and didn't break.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I like the ZL1 better. It's an actual muscle car. I think the C7 is a beautiful car but they have always had too many issues for a car in that price range.
Had a C6Z and wanted a C7Z until I saw the overheating problems on the road course when you drive as hard as I do. Glad I waited for the ZLE. If the GT500CFTP were out before the ZLE and tested for 3 years before I bought, I'd be in one of those instead right now. I'll wait for 2 or 3 years from now on before moving to a new platform, only because of the way I use it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had a C6Z and wanted a C7Z until I saw the overheating problems on the road course when you drive as hard as I do. Glad I waited for the ZLE. If the GT500CFTP were out before the ZLE and tested for 3 years before I bought, I'd be in one of those instead right now. I'll wait for 2 or 3 years from now on before moving to a new platform, only because of the way I use it.
I'm a GM guy. This is my first Ford. My truck has 200K miles on it. It will still be running when every piece of metal is rusting apart. All the dash warning lights will be on but it will still be running. Everything about the ZL1 ZLE (tested one) is great except the visibility and I'm not a fan of the interior or I'd be driving another Camaro.

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
from what I read it broke while testing nitrous. There has to be someone trying something first. They were testing their set up. You don't know a car's limit until you reach that limit. And if you ask me even that image of the vette on the tow truck is awesome. The car looks fast being towed - to me that's cool. If I was fortunate enough to have a vette being towed I'd be good with that.

Though I don't ever see myself ever owning a vette (I never thought I'd own a Mustang either), as I'm just not sure it will ever fit my cost/use scale. If I was to get a two seater I'd like the fun of a stick shift. I had a 911 so I always thought I'd go a different direction next time. I always wanted a Panterra but driving this new Mustang GT really opened my eyes to the performance and accommodations of a new car. I still can't get out of my head how great the GT350 was when I was test driving those. So I think I'd choose the GT350 with a back seat.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I know sounds crazy. But I’m sure you understand. I wouldn’t be happy about it but the fact it was mine would soften the blow. You know how many times many W30 has been towed. I’ll take that over not owning it.
Sponsored