Sponsored

First GT500 vs C8 drag race.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I agree with Millhouse that without knowing the grade of the surface, no way of knowing if this was incline or decline or a mix. Would have been more definitive to have run both directions and average the two. Also, if that was the built in PDR, then yes that was 100 mph.
What’s telling is his 0-60 time is faster than motortrends instrumented testing yet slower then their 1/4 mile. My guess is there is likely a negative and positive slope somewhere in the stretch of road he’s running on. I’ve always taken the 0-60 times in cars computers with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
What’s telling is his 0-60 time is faster than motortrends instrumented testing yet slower then their 1/4 mile. My guess is there is likely a negative and positive slope somewhere in the stretch of road he’s running on. I’ve always taken the 0-60 times in cars computers with a grain of salt.
100% agree It's very likely a tenth or two off. I didn't post this to make the gt500 look bad or anything, I was making the point that the c8 is amazing on the street in the way only a mid engine or AWD car can be, and not as impressive on a drag strip. I agree that cars timers are often off a bit, I would bet he was more like 2.9 0-60. Remember these timers use rollout too.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
100% agree It's very likely a tenth or two off. I didn't post this to make the gt500 look bad or anything, I was making the point that the c8 is amazing on the street in the way only a mid engine or AWD car can be, and not as impressive on a drag strip. I agree that cars timers are often off a bit, I would bet he was more like 2.9 0-60. Remember these timers use rollout too.
I’m beginning to wonder if GM has programmed in some logic to kill torque based off of load to protect the drivetrain. That would explain why their 1/4 mile times at the drag strip has been worse than the street.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m beginning to wonder if GM has programmed in some logic to kill torque based off of load to protect the drivetrain. That would explain why their 1/4 mile times at the drag strip has been worse than the street.
I think you might be right. All the testing by MT and others was done on pavement and they got faster times than anyone at a drag strip so far, same with this guy. I think the C8 will have a lot of problems in the first few years, only more so if modded.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Why not do a little research before you post hate and lies.
No need. No way those dividing lines were going by at 120 mph. I can show a vid of me doing 321 mph. Put some gopros on/in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need. No way those dividing lines were going by at 120 mph. I can show a vid of me doing 321 mph. Put some gopros on/in it.
O I’m sorry I didn’t know you were in the car with him, well clearly you have info none of us do.

Dude you can’t tell in a video what speed he’s going, I took a video in my brothers mustang and I won’t say how fast it was but by the video you would swear we weren’t going over maybe 65 or 70. Would love to see the video of you going 321 mph btw.