Sponsored

GT500 vs C8 Corvette Z51 drag and roll race.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
After driving my friends Z51 C8 a couple weeks ago I'm not surprised at how quickly it got off the line. With the amount of power it has and weight in the back it just hooks and goes. It also starts to run out of steam around 120 as seen in the video. A GT500 with a better launch probably would have caught it closer to 100MPH.
Sponsored

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After driving my friends Z51 C8 a couple weeks ago I'm not surprised at how quickly it got off the line. With the amount of power it has and weight in the back it just hooks and goes. It also starts to run out of steam around 120 as seen in the video. A GT500 with a better launch probably would have caught it closer to 100MPH.
I've seen a couple of C8's around Denver lately, It's a very impressive car for sure. If the C8 Z06 even has 100 more HP than the base Vette, it's more than definitly supercar territory. in a few years it might be time to start looking for a second hand C8

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I've seen a couple of C8's around Denver lately, It's a very impressive car for sure. If the C8 Z06 even has 100 more HP than the base Vette, it's more than definitly supercar territory. in a few years it might be time to start looking for a second hand C8
I saw my first one the other day when I was down south. It was going by at 70+ on the other side of the interstate so I didn't get a very good look at it. I still prefer the c7, looks like the American sports car that it should be. IMO anyway.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I saw a convertible C8 about a week ago. I think it was black.
Going the other way on a interstate.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I see them all the time in MI. It’s not a special car when you see them everyday. I have only seen 1 GT500 and it was way more special seeing that than the C8.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Wes: I haven't as yet seen a C8 in this podunk little town but I'm sure they're out there.

I have seen one other 500 at my dealership which was a car for someone out of state. My salesman told me there are only two in town, mine and one other from a different store. Haven't seen it though.

Totally agree on the notion that a car isn't special if you see one every day. I've always felt that way about 'Vettes as there seems to be a never-ending stream of them, year after year.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Wes: I haven't as yet seen a C8 in this podunk little town but I'm sure they're out there.

I have seen one other 500 at my dealership which was a car for someone out of state. My salesman told me there are only two in town, mine and one other from a different store. Haven't seen it though.

Totally agree on the notion that a car isn't special if you see one every day. I've always felt that way about 'Vettes as there seems to be a never-ending stream of them, year after year.
Chevy has built around 1.5 million corvettes since 1953. Just for comparison dodge built around 31,000 vipers between 1992 and 2017. Chevy has built that many corvettes in one year. In 1979 they built over 50,000. I still would still say the corvette is a special car, especially the zo6 and higher models. However I get your point it’s not nearly as special when many thousands of the same car manybe even same year car are out there.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I'd say only the ZR1 is special. The rest of them are mass produced performance bargains.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
I agree the ZR1 and “Zora” will be special but when I see 3 in my city in MI and a whole lot more on Woodward in MI it’s not special everyone has one. I almost bought one before I pulled the order and got a 20 350R.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I still find the C7 Z06 to be special car even if their production numbers are higher....Ya have to respect that kind of performance and the differences between the lower models(Stingray/ Grand Sport) are enough to set it apart to anyone who knows cars. The way this China flu is dragging out it is looking more and more like the replacement for my 2009 GT500...

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
:yawn: C8...who cares? Yesterdays news...
Sponsored