First GT500 vs C8 drag race.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
corvettes a great car. I cant get behind the rear end of the thing though.
Agreed the rear is ok at best, I prefer the c7 over all, however it’s hard to argue against the amazing performance the C8 has and will have in next z06 and zr1 models.
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
The guys on the Corvette forum are losing their minds over this. The trash talk is unbelievable calling us low net worth people with a secretary's car, etc etc. The cars shouldn't be compared in the first place since they are not in the same market and don't appeal to the same buyer necessarily. One is a 2 seat sports car and the other is a 4 seat pony car. Besides bragging about 750hp beating 495 is nothing to brag about. Wait until the Z06 comes out and it will be a different story.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The guys on the Corvette forum are losing their minds over this. The trash talk is unbelievable calling us low net worth people with a secretary's car, etc etc. The cars shouldn't be compared in the first place since they are not in the same market and don't appeal to the same buyer necessarily. One is a 2 seat sports car and the other is a 4 seat pony car. Besides bragging about 750hp beating 495 is nothing to brag about. Wait until the Z06 comes out and it will be a different story.
Agreed when ever someone’s precious brand loses no matter how legitimate the race, haters and fanatics always throw a fit. I don’t spend anytime on the corvette forum, aren’t they just a bunch of old guys anyway lol.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
I have a feeling the Gt500 will spank the Zr1 when it comes out. Just wait and see.
Besides the rear end on the new Corvette doesnt look rich looking no offense it is sort of cheapened by the grated air inductors. That's just my opinion. Yeah a secretary's car that you will see the tail lights of.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Nice. I will go look at one once a dealer near me gets one in. How did it look in person?

Some cars look better in person than in pictures, some look about the same, and some look worse.

O and 6.5 is tall, I’d like to see you try to get in a viper lol.
I think they look even better in person... even the wheels, although I'd go aftermarket there.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I will go look at one once a dealer near me gets one in. How did it look in person?

Some cars look better in person than in pictures, some look about the same, and some look worse.

O and 6.5 is tall, I’d like to see you try to get in a viper lol.
I think these cars need to be seen in person. The pictures don't look as good for some reason.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Agreed when ever someone’s precious brand loses no matter how legitimate the race, haters and fanatics always throw a fit. I don’t spend anytime on the corvette forum, aren’t they just a bunch of old guys anyway lol.
Funny you should say that, I'm only 72 and don't feel old at all. But yes there are plenty of old guys on that forum because the demographics of that brand are on average older than Mustang owners since vettes are traditionally way more expensive than Mustangs and older people tend to have more disposable income. To add a comment on other observations in this thread, the new C8 is stunning in person. The paint is some of the best I've seen come out of a OEM factory. The top of the car is about the same height as the top of the door window on the Mustang and the front is about at the same level as the top of the grill opening. Not wild about the wheels however. This will be the best Corvette ever when its finally developed into its model range just as the GT500 is in the Mustang family.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
With their nursing homes on lock down they're a little testy right now.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I have a feeling the Gt500 will spank the Zr1 when it comes out. Just wait and see.
Besides the rear end on the new Corvette doesnt look rich looking no offense it is sort of cheapened by the grated air inductors. That's just my opinion. Yeah a secretary's car that you will see the tail lights of.
Any guess on the ZR1 specs?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think these cars need to be seen in person. The pictures don't look as good for some reason.
I see them daily and I view it completely opposite.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Corvette forum is a terrible, terrible place. I love the car, but the forum is so bad.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Funny you should say that, I'm only 72 and don't feel old at all. But yes there are plenty of old guys on that forum because the demographics of that brand are on average older than Mustang owners since vettes are traditionally way more expensive than Mustangs and older people tend to have more disposable income. To add a comment on other observations in this thread, the new C8 is stunning in person. The paint is some of the best I've seen come out of a OEM factory. The top of the car is about the same height as the top of the door window on the Mustang and the front is about at the same level as the top of the grill opening. Not wild about the wheels however. This will be the best Corvette ever when its finally developed into its model range just as the GT500 is in the Mustang family.
I plan to have your attitude in 30 years, sir... and hope to have a car as cool as your gt350 when/if I get there!

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I plan to have your attitude in 30 years, sir... and hope to have a car as cool as your gt350 when/if I get there!
Thanks. Hang in there.
Corvette forum is a terrible, terrible place. I love the car, but the forum is so bad.
I agree, I can't believe the moderators let them get away with some of the stuff they say. Not only do they hate Mustangs and Fords in general but they hate each other. If it actually is a bunch of old guys acting this way I'm ashamed of them.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
corvettes a great car. I cant get behind the rear end of the thing though.
If your driving the GT500 you won't have to worry about looking at the taillight the old guy in the c8 will be looking at yours. :giggle:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I was looking around on the Corvette forum the other day and the hate was real.

We don’t dislike the Corvette but they hate the Mustang?

I like the new C8 but I don’t have much interest till the newer/faster versions come out.
Sponsored