2021 10R Whipple

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Great to hear and that you haven't seen any adverse issue not using one. Did you do the OPG/CG, Transmission Clutch Upgrade?.
OPG and CS yes. Clutch is a Mantic twin. I ran the stock clutch for a year at 709whp without any issues at all and shifted at 75-7700rpm

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
OPG and CS yes. Clutch is a Mantic twin. I ran the stock clutch for a year at 709whp without any issues at all and shifted at 75-7700rpm
I think I will go with the Whipple Gen 5 3.0L Stage 2 kit with 10 rib upgrade and Heat exchanger upgrade. I will hold off on clutches until winter 2022.
Did you replace your drive shaft and axles with the 709rwhp?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I think I will go with the Whipple Gen 5 3.0L Stage 2 kit with 10 rib upgrade and Heat exchanger upgrade. I will hold off on clutches until winter 2022.
Did you replace your drive shaft and axles with the 709rwhp?
Nope. Stock DS and axles. I was easy when launching the car though. Like 1.860ft easy...lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Stock DS and axles. I was easy when launching the car though. Like 1.860ft easy...lol
Were you on street tires? That's what I will be on for a while, saves on powertrane parts

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If heat soak is your concern, my recommendation with the whipple would be to:
- Get it with the oversized heat exchanger and dual fans
- Install a Reische 170 thermostat
- Modify the cal to have the cooling fan on at 100% at 185 deg F ECT
- Killer Chiller or Interchiller if you're willing to cut into the AC system
I have a PNR Stage IV cooler in the trunk. I cannot find the Whipple oversized heat exchanger on their site? I am running the Gen V Stage 2 package (which has yet to arrive). Any links?

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have a PNR Stage IV cooler in the trunk. I cannot find the Whipple oversized heat exchanger on their site? I am running the Gen V Stage 2 package (which has yet to arrive). Any links?
Sorry you haven't received your Whipple yet. The oversize heat exchanger and dual fan set up is an option listed, but don't know if they even have them in stock. I'm also not sure if you can run the dual fan with the oversize heat exchanger. But before I order I will have all questions answered just so I know the lead time nesasary when I order. Good luck

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry you haven't received your Whipple yet. The oversize heat exchanger and dual fan set up is an option listed, but don't know if they even have them in stock. I'm also not sure if you can run the dual fan with the oversize heat exchanger. But before I order I will have all questions answered just so I know the lead time nesasary when I order. Good luck
Thanks Doug - please let me know...

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Both are listed on the site under “cooling system options” for the kit. Or they can be bought separately:

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=329

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=407

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've had 2 different centris and 3 roots style. The roots were fine racing all day long. Just need a good heat exchanger.

The Procharger (centri) is the lowest I have ever seen. There's a reason for that. The air is picked up in the fender liner (cool, away from the engine heat), then forced through an air/air heat exchanger and then into the intake manifold. With the roots style you are forcing the air right into the engine and the blower is cooled with its own coolant, but still in metal to metal contact with the engine itself. With the Procharger the cool air is forced into the plastic (fairly cool) intake manifold which does not have the heat transfer that the roots style does.

I was never a believer in the centri until I put a Procharger on. Can't beat it for cool intake chage. I can do full throttle runs and it almost never adds more than 15 degrees F.

All that said they are both good and have different power curves. I would pick the kind of power you want before worrying about heat. Those days are pretty much gone unless you are tracking, full throttle stuff.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Both are listed on the site under “cooling system options” for the kit. Or they can be bought separately:

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=329

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=407
Thanks EM - knowing that this is what everyone is talking about - I know that the Shop ordered the two 11" inch fans. Is that enough - or do I also need the larger heat exchanger? I don't know why I feel I heard it is one or the other...I am speaking with my Shop tomorrow about it. For the ice box - I was under the understanding that the stock heat exchanger could cause head pressure and not flow at all. I don't know what size the one that comes with the latest Gen V is. Any suggestions are appreciated.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Some good information here on fans versus extra size heat exchanger. It seems you can use one or the other. Fans seem to block airflow are don't help unless standing still. Disappointed that we did not get the larger heat exchanger. One guy did post about a Shop who apparently does a lot of testing and they stated the stock unit is still fairly large and flows well - and works well with an icebox. SO difficult to know which method is best...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/whipple-oversized-heat-exchanger.99127/page-2

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
UPdate to myself lol...I went with the PNR Stage IV cooler and returned the fans and got the larger heat exchanger. I think from all that I have read - it is the best choice.
Sponsored