FI System with least Heat Soak Issues

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Thank you for the Great Info on FI street driving conditions. Which system are you running?, Any regrets or what ifs? Something you wish you would have done differently?
Thank you
Hellion street sleeper kit. No regrets. Drives like stock out of boost and screams when I get on it. If I had plans on lowering the car I'd probably go a different route but at stock ride hieght it's perfect. I wish I ordered the kit sooner while they still offered the loud valves but that was no longer an option when I purchased so im working on getting my exhaust set up the way I want right now. I like the idea of less stress on the crank with turbos plus more efficient use of the boost it is putting out. Tuner actually told me I can up it to 9-10lbs. Sitting at about 7lbs right now. Never thought I'd have that much wiggle room on our crappy 91 oct out here so after I finish exhaust I'll be doing tires, water/meth, and upping the boost! Oh I still get around 20mpgs with a 30/70 city/ highway split. Hard city miles too.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks. Do you know anyone running something like the Killer Chiller, I think that's what it is called?
@DLVRYMN is running a KC on a normally hot setup down in Florida and seems pretty pleased with its results.

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
My TT set up has been great for heat soak to this point. Iats are 2-3° above while cruising, rush hour and drive thrus haven't crept more than 16° above. Just did a road trip and CHTs ran around 210° or less. Went up to 216° pulling the mountains but right back down. Right after installing the kit I went out for an hour long hard drive and CHTs reached 232°! That was after a lot of pulls and no noticeable loss in power plus it dropped quick once I got off the fun pedal. For reference, outside temps around here have passed the 100° mark already.
That’s good. My NA runs 205 degrees on the open road. The TT does well then . You’re also not loosing parasitic loss to driving them so even with a bit of heat soak you’d remain strong Compared to supercharger.
I am preparing for same route. You said you might do water meth ? If so could you give us a build / install post when you do.

Last edited:

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
That’s good. My NA runs 205 degrees on the open road. The TT does well then . You’re also not loosing parasitic loss to driving them so even with a bit of heat soak you’d remain strong Compared to supercharger.
I am preparing for same route. You said you might do water meth ? If so could you give us a build / install post when you do.
Sure. Never even considered it originally but a few other guys recommended it after I finished my TT set up. I dont want to tune for it but rather use it for extra cooling/ octane. I reached out to Lund to get their input and they agreed. No tune. Said the octane boost is the biggest benefit and with the no tune option I won't have a really bad day if my meth system craps out!

Now my wife's jeep order needs to arrive. We've been waiting almost 4 months! If I buy any more parts for the GT before it gets here I'll end up divorced! Hopefully the wait is almost over so I can get back to it...

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had one setup with a dual nozzle setup and - although it worked very well - meth injection is a pain to manage. Personally - I will avoid them if I can help it.
How is it a pain? I fill it and don’t touch it until it tells me to fill it again so?

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How is it a pain? I fill it and don’t touch it until it tells me to fill it again so?
I will give you my example; I went to a US 1/2 mile competition and had to obviously being some meth with me. It was super hot - and sometimes meth systems don't like a ton of heat. I found myself having to make sure the lines didn't evaporate the meth and it was primed for my runs. I had to refill it quite often on a race day (1/2 or 1/4 mile - plus of course roadcourse). On a daily to do - obviously not nearly as bad. I was also at a triple nozzle at one point lol. It was an Alky Control kit - used the washer fluid container for the meth.

I just don't like carting around the containers all the time - and it is another system to worry about failing. I prefer flex-fuel E85/98 setups.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
When you centri guys are posting about your IATs are you actually taking IAT2s at the Intake manifold?
The MAF sensor is the IAT sensor and it's located in the intercooler.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Methanol prevents heat soak regardless of the system. I’d like to know what iat2 is on a centrif/a-a Intercooled combo at typical 9-12 psi boost level.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
10.4psi was peak Boost here. 80* south Florida night night. IAT at the starting line 77*. End of the 1/4 109*.

0373F555-1A3C-40CF-99D2-2FF0DDB8E1A4.jpeg
Sponsored